Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231136 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25j ] - unique caverns; stonecutter fix
« Reply #8085 on: October 11, 2011, 05:00:56 am »

You cannot change the way the game works via mods.

And I usually do not correct people, but in this case it's a blasphemy and madness. Madness? This is LAVA!

"Larva" is a maggot.

Also lava is called so only on the surface during an eruption, otherwise it's called "magma" when it is underground.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25j ] - unique caverns; stonecutter fix
« Reply #8086 on: October 11, 2011, 06:15:09 am »

You cannot change the way the game works via mods.

And I usually do not correct people, but in this case it's a blasphemy and madness. Madness? This is LAVA!

"Larva" is a maggot.

Also lava is called so only on the surface during an eruption, otherwise it's called "magma" when it is underground.
that where it's buddy hacks come into play.
so he had a issue with cave ins in his maggot pile.

also one could remove the Recenter function to the cavein announcement in the announcement.txt though this would mean you might miss out on a cave in that kills all your dwarves.
though I b) is out of an option in the mod department(or as far as I know) unless you want a game where caveins are off which can be done.
[CAVE_COLLAPSE:A_D:D_D:P:R]

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

(posted here not bug-reports, because i can't seem to create a new post in the bugs forum, and because my map was a genesis mod)

Read the gigantic notification on top of the bug report forum.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sorry for no update yet, I am really busy with my goddamn 3 jobs and a grade school.

Also I've decided to release this update and step aside from DF modding for a while (at least until the next verion, when I am sure I will be back) to start a small project which may or may not be done soon (depends on my job and free time :P).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Kitten nuke?
Plump helmet plague?
Magma eating larva?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for no update yet, I am really busy with my goddamn 3 jobs and a grade school.

Also I've decided to release this update and step aside from DF modding for a while (at least until the next verion, when I am sure I will be back) to start a small project which may or may not be done soon (depends on my job and free time :P).

Don't step away just yet!  I am putting the finishing touches on my Genesis Mod and need to get it added to the first page.  :)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Genesis Mod
« Reply #8091 on: October 14, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »

A group lead by an adventurer cleanses a werewolf-infested location.

Note: By Daemoria
Dead link - bogeyman of the internet.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

I want new engravings and only new engravings. Is it enough to copy descriptor_shape_standard.txt?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just downloaded this, thought i'd tell you about the bug where cubed wolf spleen cost 0 points during embark. im about to go off with 1,500 of them...

i guess this is because there are so many seed types that it took the number of embark points left to 0, but it had to provide food so it set the cost to 0? idk

inb4 omg read thread this has been posted: busy playing

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell yeah. :D

Not sure if it's intended or not, but as you can see by the pic you can buy chimpanzee sweetbread for free at embark.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I find that when I customise an embark profile (prepare the journey carefully), if I remove all starting items and start from scratch, I am unable to add plumb helmet, rope reed, cotton and hemp, or anything with these words in it. They do appear in the starting items so as long as I don't remove them I can still add more, but once I remove them they don't appear in the "add new item" menu. Is this intended?

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I find that when I customise an embark profile (prepare the journey carefully), if I remove all starting items and start from scratch, I am unable to add plumb helmet, rope reed, cotton and hemp, or anything with these words in it. They do appear in the starting items so as long as I don't remove them I can still add more, but once I remove them they don't appear in the "add new item" menu. Is this intended?

When this happens it is because your starting civilization doesn't have access to the thing you can't add.  It doesn't happen with just plump helmets...it can happen with pretty much everything.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was watching the Dwarf Fortress Genesis Youtube Series, and I was wondering how he got into Mountain Homes etc etc.
I've been adventuring myself and I can never get into the Mountain Homes or anything.
I'm wondering what do I do so I can play such epic gameplay he gets?

Also; Why is it that whenever I cast a firebolt or arrow I melt my hands off?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 07:30:38 pm by LoneTophat »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

because you suppose to throw it after you cast it.
good news if you survive the fat melting off your hands you can now hold on to firebolts a little bit longer, though you might ignite the rest of your gear if you do.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

because you suppose to throw it after you cast it.
good news if you survive the fat melting off your hands you can now hold on to firebolts a little bit longer, though you might ignite the rest of your gear if you do.
How do you throw it? Also; answer my other questions please.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 642