Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231593 times)

Anon the Felon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to fix that? I haven't done much (Read: Any) raw editing.
Well, you could remove the evilness and babysnatching (and thieving) so the goblin civs are well-behaved, and then you have a more peaceful world.
Delete tag [EVIL] from goblins in creature_genesis.txt
Detete tag [BABYSNATCHER] from entity_goblin.txt. Optional: give them the ethics of dwarves for maximum peacefulness.

ps. I'm still alive, but doing other things than DF.

This did the trick.  Granted, my goblins are still a little angry, but the other races tolerate them enough to let me actually start an adventurer.  Thanks for the help!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Is a new version of Ironhand in the works for version or later? I tried installing ironhand on top of it but the raws are different so marble looks like weapon racks and I doubt a world created in .d would work well in .i
No, but it's possible to make it.
I've been busy playing SS13 this evening though, sorry :). And my wife comes back tomorrow. So maybe I will be able to push it instead of sleeping.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Anon the Felon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a question I just can't seem to find the answer to.

How do I get bones?  I have a scraper and a carver (knapped) in hand(s), am standing over body parts, and I don't see any way to get bones...I've tried complex inventory actions, I've tried butchery, I just can't seem to figure out how to get bones.  Is there some kind of actual crafting wiki/tutorial so I can find out how to get resources to build things?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Butcher bodies of big enough creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Anon the Felon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh, so to make bone bolts, I'd need to butcher something larger then a humanoid?  I was thinking I could make bolts from femur bones or some such.  Any examples?

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh, so to make bone bolts, I'd need to butcher something larger then a humanoid?  I was thinking I could make bolts from femur bones or some such.  Any examples?
Anything from the size of about a dog upwards. You won't get specific bones, just a big pile which you then combine with a bundle of arrowheads (or bolt heads? not sure) and that gives you a stack of 15 bolts.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi ppl id like to say a few things.
first genesis mod is absolutly brilliant, i hope you porcede to improve it further.
but i have 2 questions / 1 gripe.
right in the newest version 3.25i i produce a stone cutters and it has no tasks at-all in the add tasks slot.
also one more thing is it posible to play as any other race in DWARF FORTRESS MODE not adventure mode fortress mode?
sry if the caps lock offends anyone and i hope you have a nice day,this mod is the best mod for DF so far i think.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

first genesis mod is absolutly brilliant, i hope you porcede to improve it further.
right in the newest version 3.25i i produce a stone cutters and it has no tasks at-all in the add tasks slot.
also one more thing is it posible to play as any other race in DWARF FORTRESS MODE not adventure mode fortress mode?
sry if the caps lock offends anyone and i hope you have a nice day,this mod is the best mod for DF so far i think.
1. That's an issue, Deon said so but he's currently busy.
2. Add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] (I think? just copy the line that looks like that from the dwarf entity) to whatever entity you want to play as, be it orc, keeper, or (ugh) elf.

And my graphical FPS is really really low again all of a sudden in Adventure Mode. It was fine yesterday. Any ideas?
Here's what's in the errorlog:
Code: [Select]
loop path fail: <invalid goal> rhino,143,26,162 -> 187,12,163: Id #4393:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Mill Anywhere at 93,64,160
loop path fail: <invalid goal> rhino,126,143,161 -> 138,170,161: Id #4396:Path Goal Seek Station:Station None at 123,140,161
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25i ] - fix, new trees, stonecutter expansion,
« Reply #8018 on: October 03, 2011, 02:42:57 am »

I wrote how to fix the stonecutter on the previous page/two, just check my previous posts. And right now the mod is totally dwarf-oriented; as you see I still wrestle with my time to add all the stuff/fixes I want, and I could add another playable race only if I made it unique (think of the kobold fortress mod.)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. That's an issue, Deon said so but he's currently busy.
2. Add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] (I think? just copy the line that looks like that from the dwarf entity) to whatever entity you want to play as, be it orc, keeper, or (ugh) elf.

And my graphical FPS is really really low again all of a sudden in Adventure Mode. It was fine yesterday. Any ideas?
Here's what's in the errorlog:
Code: [Select]
loop path fail: <invalid goal> rhino,143,26,162 -> 187,12,163: Id #4393:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Mill Anywhere at 93,64,160
loop path fail: <invalid goal> rhino,126,143,161 -> 138,170,161: Id #4396:Path Goal Seek Station:Station None at 123,140,161
thank you very much for the fredback / responce :D also i look at the previous pages to find answer to stone cutters workshop. thx and have a nice day

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

How to say this,
I got evolving dwarves to work in Genesis. So far as of now it's just a name change and flavor text but it works.
So deon do you want all your dwarves to evolve?

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Deon and Tomi,

Been having a blast with this mod. Thank you so much for the massively added fun (and "fun").

I only just started playing DF and I couldn't play with ASCII tileset, but the lack of supported tileset for 3.25i made me adopt to the ASCII. Now not only I don't mind the ASCII anymore, it loads much faster on my laptop.

Stonecutter's workshop is my favourite since stone resource is so damn infinite. It's nice to be able to put them to better use. (stone pick!!! \o/)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Deon, after a centaur siege one of my axes has the following :
three kills :
(two useless names here),186
(two useless names here),186
a CENTAURESS, THE CENTAURESS.

I think this is wrong.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That happens in vanilla too, though. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

asd64026

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wan't to play 'i'version in graphic! ascii version make me dizzy....

p.s How can i play as an elephant? I was play in elephant in past. But i don't know how. please help me!

p.s 2 I'm not good at english. Sorry! Haha! this game is so interesting that half the world away people play this game. Just like me.
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 642