Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231598 times)

Anon the Felon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I registered just to post this question/bug/problem I was having.

I've been enjoying DF adventure mode quite a bit, and decided to spice it up with Genesis.  But I have run into a slight problem.

I want to play a little Goblin knifer who...well...throws knives.  He throws them then runs up and stabs with them.  There's something hilarious with this in my mind.  But there seems to be one flaw with it.

When I start as a Goblin, most of the time I start near the orcs.  Which is fine, because at least they will talk to me.  Then I get sent on my first quest.  Usually to go kill an Orc outlaw.  Upon my return, I find that the Orc's want nothing to do with me, except to try and stab me or club me.  I've tried all kinds of things, like editing my civ, restarting enough to get a quest to kill a goat or something, and still, they hate me as soon as I get back from finishing their mission.

Is there any way to play a Goblin that allows me to quests?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I registered just to post this question/bug/problem I was having.

I've been enjoying DF adventure mode quite a bit, and decided to spice it up with Genesis.  But I have run into a slight problem.

I want to play a little Goblin knifer who...well...throws knives.  He throws them then runs up and stabs with them.  There's something hilarious with this in my mind.  But there seems to be one flaw with it.

When I start as a Goblin, most of the time I start near the orcs.  Which is fine, because at least they will talk to me.  Then I get sent on my first quest.  Usually to go kill an Orc outlaw.  Upon my return, I find that the Orc's want nothing to do with me, except to try and stab me or club me.  I've tried all kinds of things, like editing my civ, restarting enough to get a quest to kill a goat or something, and still, they hate me as soon as I get back from finishing their mission.

Is there any way to play a Goblin that allows me to quests?
it because the orc race is evil and attack once you return or the goblin also evil and auto hostile to any civ.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Anon the Felon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to fix that? I haven't done much (Read: Any) raw editing.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Is there a way to fix that? I haven't done much (Read: Any) raw editing.
Well, you could remove the evilness and babysnatching (and thieving) so the goblin civs are well-behaved, and then you have a more peaceful world.
Delete tag [EVIL] from goblins in creature_genesis.txt
Detete tag [BABYSNATCHER] from entity_goblin.txt. Optional: give them the ethics of dwarves for maximum peacefulness.

ps. I'm still alive, but doing other things than DF.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25i ] - fix, new trees, stonecutter expansion,
« Reply #7999 on: October 01, 2011, 08:31:54 am »

Have you been playing Genesis, Rumrusher? Orcs are not evil, they are japanese-styled neutral race. Goblins o nthe other hand are evil, babysnatchers and bandits. If you really want to be a peaceful goblin, make a special entity.

Regarding mythril clothing: I am adding a new building "dwarven weaver" which turns many metals into threads. Golden socks and platinum cape, anyone?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: October 01, 2011, 08:45:09 am »

Regarding mythril clothing: I am adding a new building "dwarven weaver" which turns many metals into threads. Golden socks and platinum cape, anyone?
Yeah. I think that making metal clothing should require some other object. Maybe a few diamonds.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: October 01, 2011, 08:51:57 am »

how would diamonds help in stranding?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: October 01, 2011, 08:56:30 am »

how would diamonds help in stranding?
I don't know. I just don't understand how a dorf could turn a bar of metal into clothes.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: October 01, 2011, 09:12:14 am »

Thin metal wires are strings like thread.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: October 01, 2011, 09:14:14 am »

Thin metal wires are strings like thread.
Derp. I forgot about wires :(

*AoD hangs his head in a state of forgetful shame*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

On the thought of metal clothing. Could/is there any way that you could edit the wear and tear thing? Its like the same timer on all clothing, metal doesn't wear just as fast as cloth.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: October 01, 2011, 10:33:21 am »

Have you been playing Genesis, Rumrusher? Orcs are not evil, they are japanese-styled neutral race. Goblins o nthe other hand are evil, babysnatchers and bandits. If you really want to be a peaceful goblin, make a special entity.

Well I haven't been playing goblins or orcs then and just knew that one civ having evil and starting the game on top of them will cause them to go hostile once you leave the site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: October 01, 2011, 10:54:21 am »

If there's one thing DF doesn't need, is more socks, golden or otherwise.  We even created workshops to specifically DISPOSE of those extra socks...

I like the idea though.  :)

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is a new version of Ironhand in the works for version or later? I tried installing ironhand on top of it but the raws are different so marble looks like weapon racks and I doubt a world created in .d would work well in .i

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: October 01, 2011, 12:26:41 pm »

Excellent! Lead underwear for ALL the elves!
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 642