Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231654 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Any chance to see and try what you've done so far? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

My graphic FPS is really, really low, even on screens where it shouldn't be, like the world generation screen (pictured). This causes an insane amount of lag, making the game unplayable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is this an issue on my end or are others getting this too?

EDIT: This happens with both Ironhand and Phoebus. With ASCII versions of Dwarf Fortress (not sure if it's Genesis or just graphics in general), this doesn't happen.
EDIT2: I tried loading up Corrosion with graphics. It was fine. So I think it's a Genesis/settings problem. What should I do?
EDIT3: Works fine today. Weird.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:54:29 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Any chance to see and try what you've done so far? :)
oh man spent so long trying to fool proof this pack but here it is, sad thing is I couldn't get DffD to upload the file for some reason so I had to use a different hosting site.
there a read me on how to properly install this though you might need Dfhack r6 , and a rough guide on how to make a infected creature.
here
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont know what it is but before i could play the Phoebus version and now after a fresh unpack it immediately crashes when i execute dwarf fortress.exe i tried ironhand and it actually got past the intro screen. But it was extremely laggy for me.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apologies if this has been asked and answered a dozen times, but I can't bring myself to read through 533 pages of posts.

How do you make Mithril cloth? I want to make a Mithril cloak.

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just downloaded, DF works great, my only issue is when I try to open Dwarf Therapist- Castes it says I don't have the file: mingwm10.dll help?
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Apologies if this has been asked and answered a dozen times, but I can't bring myself to read through 533 pages of posts.

Mithril is just like the nice blue stone you find deep underearth. It works like that too but its just a "simpler, weaker" version of it. (strands > wafers/direct to metal clothing) Metal clothing sadly wears out in time like normal clothing...Not sure about its defense bonus though.

Somehow, I never ever ever seem to even find a hint of Mithril in all my Genesis forts, could you clarify this developers?  :)

Small Question too: If I wanted to somehow copy-paste the reactions and other stuff of spellwood and spellwood making into a Vanilla elf civilization so they wouldn't be *that* weak and actually make metal, what parts in the raws should I look into? And should I also add the tree that makes spellwood?

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mithril doesn't appear in the ground because its an alchemized wafer.  You make it at an alchemy workshop by combining brimstone and aluminum bars. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25i ] - fix, new trees, stonecutter expansion,
« Reply #7988 on: September 28, 2011, 11:26:37 pm »

To give the spellwood to vanilla elves just copy the spellwood raws (it is, in fact, metal), then copy the spellwood making reaction. After that go into entity_default.txt file, remove WOOD_PREF from the forest entity and add a the spellwood making as a permitted reaction.

Sorry for no updates (I didn't even upload a stonecutter fix), I barely have time to sleep 4-5 hours lately, and I write here from my phone while I am in a car to the factory.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Mithril doesn't appear in the ground because its an alchemized wafer.  You make it at an alchemy workshop by combining brimstone and aluminum bars.

So that explains it! I never used the alchemical workshop... Thanks.

Thanks too Deon for the solution,  :) .

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mithril is just like the nice blue stone you find deep underearth. It works like that too but its just a "simpler, weaker" version of it. (strands > wafers/direct to metal clothing) Metal clothing sadly wears out in time like normal clothing...Not sure about its defense bonus though.

But mithril comes out as plain wafers, it doesn't get turned into strands which you can turn into cloth.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: September 29, 2011, 10:00:34 am »

Noted. I will make a proper reaction.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: September 29, 2011, 03:31:42 pm »

Noted. I will make a proper reaction.

Much obliged, in your own time though, I've co-opted one of the other alchemy reactions for the time being, so it's all good.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It will look something like this:

Alchemy Reaction:
[REACTION:TRANSMUTE_ALUMINUM_MITHRIL]
   [NAME:transmute aluminum into mithril]
   [BUILDING:ALCHEMICAL_WORKSHOP:NONE]
   [REAGENT:aluminum:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:ALUMINUM]
   [REAGENT:brimstone:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:BRIMSTONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RAW_MITHRIL]
   [PRODUCT:75:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:BRIMSTONE]
   [SKILL:ALCHEMY]

Extraction Reaction:
[REACTION:MITHRIL_STRAND_EXTRACTION]
   [NAME:Mithril Strand Extraction]
   [BUILDING:GRINDER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:RAW_MITHRIL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]
   [SKILL:EXTRACT_STRAND]

and then smelted in to wafers...

[REACTION:MITHRIL_WAFER_SMELTING]
   [NAME:Smelt Mithril Wafers]
   [BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:15000:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

Is that about right Deon?  I'm not certain whether the Alchemy reaction needs to produce a RAW_MITHRIL or MITHRIL boulder.  It's what the Adamantine reactions look like though...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:40:54 pm by Mechanixm »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Well good news race changing one creature of one type of caste to another in arena mode works(as in doesn't go to an random caste of the new creature race or crash) so dwarves can now be converted to power up versions of their previous selves or for pokemon full conversion modders evolutions through severe beatings.
better news is that I found out how to make dfhack to check wounds and auto heal creatures.
bad news is that if a evolved dwarf loses their legs they won't get their ability to stand again so keep crutches near by, that and this isn't fort mode safe your enhanced dwarves will end up unusable(unless they where already in the military) unless one runs friendship and that's down on Dfhack's dfusion as of now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 642