Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232704 times)

asd64026

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello! i'm korean. so i'm not good at english. sorry.
Anyway, how can I play dragon in graphic set? I can't play in ascii mod... it's too hard to play comfortable...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

You go to the adventurer screen and scroll down the list of creatures that you can play as. A red dragon outsider label will appear. Use it  :)

Note: You cannot fly as a red dragon nor breath fire, a Roc or Wyvern can fly though.

asd64026

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You go to the adventurer screen and scroll down the list of creatures that you can play as. A red dragon outsider label will appear. Use it  :)

Note: You cannot fly as a red dragon nor breath fire, a Roc or Wyvern can fly though.
Hmm... sadly, only 'i' version can play as a dragon. I wan't graphic set. ascii is harming my brain.

p.s i'm not good at english. sorry. I wan't say more, but my english skill is too terrible to say more. It's really sad...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

^It improves  ;D
Try the Ironhand Graphics, there are dragons in there. There are 2 graphics packs at the first page of the mod, try either one of them.

mrdeano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an animated dragon with the ASCII version. All I did was go into the init.txt file and change GRAPHICS from NO to YES.

Can anyone answer my question about playing as a dragon and eating?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The problem with the old versions is that they lack the entity_monster.txt file. Copy it from the "i" version, and it will work.

And you CAN play with graphics in the "i" if you do as you did, but some creatures don't have tiles yet, that's why I didn't release a graphical pack yet.

More of the front news: today I went to Bosch but it's not determined yet whether I join them or not. They were puzzled by my decision to become an assistant in their facility. They said that it's too easy for a man with two diplomas in radiophysics one of which is magister... I tried to explain that it's what I want for the period of my postgraduate studies because I will already be busy with scientific stuff, but they are still terrified that it will be too easy and boring for me and I will not be interested in this job... So I wait till the monday to recieve their answer. Damn, I hoped they would grab me at once :D.

On the bright side, I don't have to worry about my exam in the graduate school exam. I took it like a little bitch, "5" mark, dudes :P. Now I will have to take an exam in "philosophy of science" (wtf) and "foreign language" (english, I think I will have no problems with it :P), and I will be on my road to PhD :P.

Too bad today my mom turned off the electricity in our apartment because she wanted to replace a lightbulb... while my two musical servers were processing playlists for a big trading center which I was going to bring them today... So drat, this night is going to be full of work. Well, at least I've slept for 4 hours after the exam, so I am rested.

So sorry for no updates tonight (I planned to work on Genesis this evening), but I am sure I will find a time for it tomorrow after my two jobs.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:23:53 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't know you were studying for your PHD.  That is awesome!

From here on out I will name my Chief Medical Dwarf Dr Deon, instead of Dr House or Dr Doogie!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's 3 years until that, but thanks :D.

Actually in Russia the education is a bit silly. AFAIK you can study for 3 years in Europe and get PhD. While in Russia I will become a "PhD candidate". After that I will have to write a different work and study longer to become an actual PhD. But that's why Russian professors are so good (at least were, the current russian education is ruined and sucks, we are turning into "resource-gathering country"), they were just studying much longer :P. I plan to become PhD eventually.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:35:43 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

good luck with your PHD deon,my dad finished his last year here where I unfortunaly live there is no PHD but there is the Mestrado,who does this became a master  8)
and after you finish your "Mestrado" you can do the "Doutorado" then you became a doctor.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've got magister which equals to "mestrado", and PhD is similar to "doctor of science" I think. At least it's called "doctor of science" in Russia.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tessien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, does Dwarf Therapist work in Genesis without the uploaded file? Because the files location is no longer available.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

It won't display castes, I believe

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What peskyninja said, and that some jobs will not be recognized by the program. Nothing too serious though.

All this talk about Russian professors keep on reminding me about Prokhor Zakharov. :D Cat biscuits for anyone who knows who he is without googling!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Deon,one little question,female dwarves should have beards and mustaches?
I've noticed that my baroness,who's running arround naked babbling due to and cave-in accident with her husband, 7 children and her pets,has a mustache and beard,both of them arranged in double braids.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:08:30 pm by peskyninja »

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All this talk about Russian professors keep on reminding me about Prokhor Zakharov. :D Cat biscuits for anyone who knows who he is without googling!

I don't know, but I've been told
Deirdre's got a network node.
She likes to press the on-off switch.
Gotta dig that crazy Gaian witch.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 04:51:59 pm by MiamiBryce »
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 642