Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232673 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

If it's not too out of the park, I'd like to suggest a Wendigo creature who converts spouses into soulless husks. It might even collaborate with the next update.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25i ] - fix, new trees, stonecutter expansion,
« Reply #7876 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:19 am »

actually there are wendigo, just renamed blizzard men for now. Good idea, thanks!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

asd64026

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, I'm foreigner. So, i'm not good at english. sorry.
Anyway, I love genesis mod. it's really fun. Oh! i can't belive i can play as a bronze collosus!
But, It's sad that i can't do breath attack in adventure mod. Could you make breath attack in adventure? please...
I wanna spit web, but i can't... It's really sad.

asd64026

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, I love genesis mod. it's really fun. Oh! i can't belive i can play as a bronze collosus!
But, It's sad that i can't do breath attack in adventure mod. Could you make breath attack in adventure? please...
I wanna spit web, but i can't... It's really sad.
... i hate english...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: September 08, 2011, 08:21:45 am »

What do you mean by "a foreigner"? We are all bay12ers, there's no another country. I am from Russia for example. If we had no english, we would not be able to communicate. The lack of CAN_SPEAK leads to wars.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:28:20 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Suggestion: What about an "Morbid Amalgam", "It is a giant mass of rotting flesh that consumes every living thing in its path, adding to its already enourmous size. Cursed thrice-fold by one of the Gods for a sin unknown, this beast now moves through the land in a never-ending quest for release. It comes out at night as the rays of the sun are the only thing powerful enough to keep this monstrosity at bay. That or a well-prepared adventurer."

(heavy claw attacks? Its just a giant mix of arms and legs with only one head. That head is buried deep inside its body but due to the anatomy in DF lets make it really hard to hit/hard to sever, multiple tissue layers?. Size should be as large as a werewolf(?) and it would have a hard time dodging.) . Its spawn or spouses are "Animated Scion"s, they can have any random mix of arms, legs, claws, weapons (absorbed and regrown into its smaller selves.) Only one head per spawn/creature though.

Also the 'morbid' thing is an adjective, I can't seem to come up with better words.  :)

@asd64026: We cannot do breath attacks in the current version of DF. I don't think it can be modded in either unless Toady makes it possible himself.

And nobody (in my opinion) is a foreigner in the DF Forums, we are all one big happy family! I'm from the Philippines for one  ;) . You could try to use an online translator so it can translate your native language to english for you.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:49:24 am by Tiruin »

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile

Don't worry about it.  As others have said, the main thing to remember is that here everyone is a Dwarf.  (From The Bahamas, personally).  And your English is already much better than most of what you'll find in a typical YouTube comment or some messageboards :)  The best way to learn is to keep practicing by just talking like you already are doing. 

Anyway, so I'm not too off topic:
Is there a way to check/compare the differences in Attributes and Skill rates of the different Dwarf Castes other than by just checking the raws?  Just curious, since I'm also trying to confirm if Domple Dwarves have anything that they can do better than another Dwarf Caste.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Deon,have you ever though about creating new annoucements,mainly to the combat report? Like these :urist falls to the ground,Snodrog Mcaxegoblin is struck down.

off topic: I'm a brazilian dwarf,no mountains neither roads here  :'(
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile

suggestion: codpieces

whether it would work as armor for the nether regions or simply as an alternative to underwear/pants I don't know

what I do know is that it would make a great addition to a great mod

here's a sample I made (if anyone else wants to use it in anything go ahead, I don't mind):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/code]
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Suggestion for them Night Creatures:

Warden - Basically a shameless ripoff of Pyramid Head of Silent Hill fame. It should have a gigantic claymore and a covered head. It's spouses should be disfigured creatures, or at least, creatures with a mouth for a face.

As for the minor night creatures, you could always try looking at other games or folklore for designs and inspiration.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

mrdeano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silly question but how do I eat something when my dragon can't pick up items?

I love the mod BTW :D

SomethingCreative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What exactly do "Morpheus gift" and "Voodoo chants" do? I tried chucking them at myself and some villagers and they don't appear to do anything. I'm using version 3.25h.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, I tried searching but didn't get anything.

Big thanks to anyone who can answer.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:41 am »

The first makes them sleep, the second causes pain, but due to df system it rarely affects anyone. So keep throwing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

oh I was just casting the morhpus gift repeatedly on random folks and wonder why nothing happen.

So deon will there be a way to make adventurers of a certain race spawn with a type of item.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:29:58 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

oh I was just casting the morhpus gift repeatedly on random folks and wonder why nothing happen.

So deon will there be a way to make adventurers of a certain race spawn with a type of item.
If you mean at the start then yes BUT you may have to regen a new world after this.

Check the raw files, look for Entity_X where x is the civilization/race of your adventurer. There will be something like '[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_XXX]' under it where XXX is the name of the weapon. Now go find item_weapon.txt in the same folder and find the weapon name just like that and copy paste it into the entity file.

For example you want to mod in Longbows to the Sylvan Elves and have an adventurer bowman with Longbows.
Your entity file looks like this at first:
You have to delete the whole string of WEAPON_BOW and paste in the code for LONGBOWS (from the item_weapon.txt file) so it will look like this:

Now you can have two of the same type of item (like bows and longbows if you just added in the code) but then your adventurer will only start with one or the other, you cannot pick which one.

Sorry for the long post...Hope it helped but I posted in Deon's stead.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 642