Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232675 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Mod [ 3.25i ] - fix, new trees, stonecutter expansion,
« Reply #7860 on: September 05, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »

Yeah, I know that, I will work on it. And I planned to make caste-specific positions, but there's not too much to do for functional variety.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What can I do to help the races that hate me, hate each other?

It makes my dwarves sigh when they look out a window and see armies from four different species, and two forgotten beasts, just hanging outside the front gate drinking tea.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just went and checked out version "i".  I'm glad to see that some of my suggestions have made it in there.   :)

In regards to rocktip arrows and bolts though:

[NAME:craft rocktip arrows (50)]
[BUILDING:GRINDER:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[REAGENT:B:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:25:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS_ROCKTIP:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

With the product line like that, they won't be put in to ammo stockpiles.  You'll have to manually use Dump Zones to get your bolts and arrows to where they needs to go. And even when dumped and reclaimed, my dwarves just walk by this stuff on their way to bone and metal bolts.

But, if you change GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A to GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B, then they will be stockpiled correctly.

I'm not sure if that will effect their damage output though.  But, my dwarves to tend to favor this stuff over bone bolts.

Also, [NAME:craft rocktip arrows (50)]...shouldn't this produce 50 arrows, not 25?  :)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

My DwarfTheRapist does not show any castes only "undefined" ???
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Are you sure they are set up in the config file properly?

I just went and checked out version "i".  I'm glad to see that some of my suggestions have made it in there.   :)

With the product line like that, they won't be put in to ammo stockpiles.  You'll have to manually use Dump Zones to get your bolts and arrows to where they needs to go. And even when dumped and reclaimed, my dwarves just walk by this stuff on their way to bone and metal bolts.

But, if you change GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A to GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B, then they will be stockpiled correctly.

I'm not sure if that will effect their damage output though.  But, my dwarves to tend to favor this stuff over bone bolts.

Also, [NAME:craft rocktip arrows (50)]...shouldn't this produce 50 arrows, not 25?  :)

Read it again. You suggest to make them out of... wood? What's the point then?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Read it again. You suggest to make them out of... wood? What's the point then?

What about producing 25, and not 50 like the NAME says?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

it's on the same directory as TheRapist is.[/s]

EDIT:Deon,the Stonecutter workshop should do what?Mine does nothing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:56:55 pm by peskyninja »

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

MY BAD!

Open reaction_stonecutter.txt and replace [OBJECT_REACTION] with [OBJECT:REACTION].
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:53:02 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I was playing a bronze colossus and was jump by a seamonser, elf a balor_monk and 2 raptors. The catch is I was ambushed by a bandit gang on my first bandit encounter.
I can't see my self playing any other game now, unless it's a roguelike that likes to throw megabeasts into a band of rogues for fun.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

MY BAD!

Open reaction_stonecutter.txt and replace [OBJECT_REACTION] with [OBJECT:REACTION].
I suppose I'll need to regen my world?

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile

Sorry to ask a simple question, but what are the differences between "TomiTapio's current version," and any of the the other available versions?  I couldn't seem to find any info in the first post or Genesis wiki...  I see 3.25dTT in the link for "TomiTapio's current version," does this mean it is the same as the default Genesis 3.25d?

The other versions in the first post have links with descriptions which seem clear enough.

Also, would it be possible to play "TomiTapio's current version" in ASCII?

Thanks in advance!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Oh I'm working on a race of infected Keepers called the Sroi so far I got a simple rough sketch out and just need to figure out how to code in the special feature to have them convert other keepers into one of them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sorry to ask a simple question, but what are the differences between "TomiTapio's current version," and any of the the other available versions?  I couldn't seem to find any info in the first post or Genesis wiki...  I see 3.25dTT in the link for "TomiTapio's current version," does this mean it is the same as the default Genesis 3.25d?

The other versions in the first post have links with descriptions which seem clear enough.

Also, would it be possible to play "TomiTapio's current version" in ASCII?

Thanks in advance!
The latest ASCII build includes his changes, so get 3.25i.
Other versions have his own changes (incorporated in "i" now) in a readme file in the download.

MY BAD!

I suppose I'll need to regen my world?
Yes. :(

Oh I'm working on a race of infected Keepers called the Sroi so far I got a simple rough sketch out and just need to figure out how to code in the special feature to have them convert other keepers into one of them.
Heh, I can't wait for the real infections/interactions to be included :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile

The latest ASCII build includes his changes, so get 3.25i.
Other versions have his own changes (incorporated in "i" now) in a readme file in the download.

Ah, thank you muchly.  :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Welp, still busy with exam preparations (heh, if only :P), but I guess the next update should be not only about diversifying cavern layers, but also a night creature update.

The randomly generated night creatures are fun, but repititive (they lack unique flavor), so I think I will make some really unique ones.
Current ideas:
1) Cursed blacksmith. A creature in a furnacer's mask with a hammer/thongs melted in its body. The converted spouses will be "constructs", with weapons and armors embedded in their body.
2) Plague carrier. A creature with deadly syndromes. Converted spouses: diseased bodies, with various bodyparts missing and a VERY bad stench :P.
3) Mad doctor. With scalpels and bonesaws grafted into his body. Converted spouses: flesh golems/abominations.

I also plan to make less nasty bogeymen. Less dodgy but bigger. Evil trees, ghostly dogs, evil gnomes etc. If you want to see a specific night creature, please suggest.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 642