Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232498 times)

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a file I an edit which gives embark locations more iron..? This mod seemed to make Any form of iron, or any basic "Warfare metals" nonexistant, and It's really difficult as a somewhat new player to go about making a military when I can't even make the most basic metal equipment...

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I guess I should ask permission here.
I'm maintaining a small Chinese community of DF players, meanwhile few fellows and I are localising/writing tutorials for new Chinese players.
And it kinda reaches the stage when many people feel vanilla DF is less hard to play, thus start to seek more challenge, somehow.
I played genesis mod extensively so I reckon I'd introduce it to my community.

So I want to ask permission from you, Deon, and TomiTapio, to repackage your mod/submod with(and only with) my hand-made Chinese manual for the mod and to distribute.
Is it okay?

I'm learning mandarin and a bit of basic chinese. I don't really read or speak it well yet but I'm working on it with a bit of QQ help. I might be able to help you all though. If you want to, could you link the community? :p

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm learning mandarin and a bit of basic chinese. I don't really read or speak it well yet but I'm working on it with a bit of QQ help. I might be able to help you all though. If you want to, could you link the community? :p
Yes, indeed! Since you use QQ, you must know QQ群, go and search 165624149(not user ID) and I'll fill you in.

Is there a file I an edit which gives embark locations more iron..? This mod seemed to make Any form of iron, or any basic "Warfare metals" nonexistant, and It's really difficult as a somewhat new player to go about making a military when I can't even make the most basic metal equipment...
You may try and change mineral scarcity in advance world generation parameter to a lower number though.
Or you can go to raw\inorganic_stone_genesis and change the [ENVIRONMENT:] token of iron ores, to make them either appear in current environment more often, or in additional environment.
Better do both if you feel it is really a serious problem for you.
For the sake of FUN, I also suggest to harvest goblinite and its counterparts for a long term healthy metal production.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:19:27 am by Lamphare »

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any word on a Stonesense edit for this? All the purple question marks are getting a bit annoying.

edit: Also, is it possible to pick things from plants (strawberries, potatos, etc) I run into in Adventurer mode? Every time I press G the only option regarding the plant is lighting it on fire...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 02:50:10 am by Weaselcake »

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I Dont think there is a way to make a certain material more abundant but you can change the mineral scarcity in the World_gen file
Lower means more minerals

Hope this Helps :D

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

So I want to ask permission from you, Deon, and TomiTapio, to repackage your mod/submod with(and only with) my hand-made Chinese manual for the mod and to distribute.
Is it okay?
You have my permission, but you don't really need it. Deon's opinion on this matters more.

Is there a file I can edit which gives embark locations more iron..? This mod seemed to make Any form of iron, or any basic "Warfare metals" nonexistant, and It's really difficult as a somewhat new player to go about making a military when I can't even make the most basic metal equipment...
Try a mineral scarcity of 400 to 850 in the init/world_gen.txt settings. I have a hunch that areas with sedimentary layers have more iron.

edit: Also, is it possible to pick things from plants (strawberries, potatos, etc) I run into in Adventurer mode? Every time I press G the only option regarding the plant is lighting it on fire...
Not possible until Toady allows it. Genesis adventurer has a "gather-from-thin-air" reaction for getting plants and logs. Just roleplay it and don't put corpses into your backpack.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Cropher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I have no idea where you got the music, but the second track, the one thats not even a minute long and sounds like funky medieval times, is so awesome. Oh man. Really cool.

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea where you got the music, but the second track, the one thats not even a minute long and sounds like funky medieval times, is so awesome. Oh man. Really cool.
the music is from Warcraft i think

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Alright, I guess I should ask permission here.
I'm maintaining a small Chinese community of DF players, meanwhile few fellows and I are localising/writing tutorials for new Chinese players.
And it kinda reaches the stage when many people feel vanilla DF is less hard to play, thus start to seek more challenge, somehow.
I played genesis mod extensively so I reckon I'd introduce it to my community.

Is it okay?

Sure, go ahead, why not.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Hey Deon! Could we have a pet animal that leaves a slimy trail! Big annoyance when a migrant shows up with a slimegoat. Or a slitherkin. Or an Eelsnake. Or a Cave Gnort.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Question: What is the history of the Dusk Elves and Keepers? Making a DF story on my extinct civilization with only them as allies versus goblins and werewolves and &'s and I just want to add more lore to it just for fun.  :D

Could I ask for it?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

duskies are elves with metal ... noldorin?
keepers are medieval crusaders.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

duskies are elves with metal ... noldorin?
keepers are medieval crusaders.

About that, any more detailed descriptions of them?  :)

Edit: Just noticed the description on the Dusk elves, also noted that it is related to J.R.R. Tolkien's work  :D

Now for the Keepers. Why keepers?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:46:15 am by Tiruin »

Jackledead

• Bay Watcher
  • [BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Tomi, i just noticed that my War Cow Moose just gave birth to an Elk Fawn....

Infact, all my moose are giving birth to elk fawns, none have grown up yet, so i cant tell if they are actually moose or not.

EDIT: the elk fawns do indeed grow up to be moose, its just confusing to call moose elk...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 04:59:00 pm by Jackledead »
Battle Axes.
Make you feel like a Lumberjack!

More like a Limberjack
-bitesh

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tomi, i just noticed that my War Cow Moose just gave birth to an Elk Fawn....

!!Science!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 642