Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232561 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

May I ask how to make the pure iron bar in this mod ??

Having great difficulty making steel and I am quite confuse on how to make this Pure iron bar.

If I read the flowchart (it's on the first page) correctly, pure iron bars are made by simply smelting any of the metal yielding ores. Pig iron bars require those pures and some coal.

EDIT: Btw, pure iron bars are known ingame as coarse iron bars.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:49:05 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

VinWij

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I ask how to make the pure iron bar in this mod ??

Having great difficulty making steel and I am quite confuse on how to make this Pure iron bar.

IIRC, you melt limonite, hematite or some others for Coarse Iron, melt that to Iron in the Finishing Forge, then make Pig Iron Bars using Iron in the Smelter and finally use Pig Iron in the Finishing Forge to get steel. You don't need flux anymore, which I'm really happy about, though you burn through half a forest for a single set of steel armor...

I don't remember seeing Pure Iron in the latest version...

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

about the fireworks: nice idea, but in DF?
I dunno where my fireworks idea came from.
And I dunno, maybe a monk caste that can give chi strikes to their opponent. (paralysis, ice, fire or something similar.)
I can see specialattack/hand injects "ki disruption" -- opponent gets unconsciousness, numbness, nausea, internal bruising, dizziness. Or injects molten iron.
And the legendary "delayed death" strike very doable with injected syndrome. Left hand, right hand and bite can all inject a different venom.
(Hey a ninjutsu dictionary: http://www.ninjutsu.org.uk/japanese_dictionary.html )

How about this: Fireworks workshop makes a toy called fireworks, for exporting, from gunpowder-bars and Deon's vellum (or milled papyrus reed).
A 4% chance that the fireworks shop makes an !!Error!! and creates a bonfire. (future DF versions: summons a curious fire imp)

NAIL_TEMPLATE doesn't have HEALING RATE - does it mean that smashed nails will never heal?
Thanks, I'll sort that out. Hopefully nail/claw/talon healing does not crash the game, but anything is poss...

Are you going to make a .25 ASCII version? I believe you have said it would be a lot of work, but what exactly would you need to do to convert the Ironhand version to the ASCII version? If it isn't too complex you could possibly do it like you did the Orc language file.
Orc Fort is allowed to use my ascii raws as a base. I'll have a June-20 or June-21 ascii ver out soon I suppose.

i'm liking it, but it would be nice if i could simply add a failure chance to the fireworks that creates something like ash. because it seems a bit lame to have a legendary "fireworks" maker blow him self up, though everyone likes a mad orc.

Also i'm thinking about changing the whole basic structure of the orc to more of a human sized one. though having more natural muscle tissue.

about the ASCII version, i'll get one up as soon as i have the ironhand version up to 1.0, that will be in about 1 or 2 weeks. so be patient  :P

Also maybe a new name, something like "orc genesis" or "genesis of the orcs". because orc fortress just doesn't do genesis much credit  :D and tbh sounds a bit lame.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:59:30 am by dimosa »
For the latest orc fortress got to http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4529
All tips and suggestions are welcome!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

about the fireworks: nice idea, but in DF?
I dunno where my fireworks idea came from.
And I dunno, maybe a monk caste that can give chi strikes to their opponent. (paralysis, ice, fire or something similar.)
I can see specialattack/hand injects "ki disruption" -- opponent gets unconsciousness, numbness, nausea, internal bruising, dizziness. Or injects molten iron.
And the legendary "delayed death" strike very doable with injected syndrome. Left hand, right hand and bite can all inject a different venom.
(Hey a ninjutsu dictionary: http://www.ninjutsu.org.uk/japanese_dictionary.html )

How about this: Fireworks workshop makes a toy called fireworks, for exporting, from gunpowder-bars and Deon's vellum (or milled papyrus reed).
A 4% chance that the fireworks shop makes an !!Error!! and creates a bonfire. (future DF versions: summons a curious fire imp)

NAIL_TEMPLATE doesn't have HEALING RATE - does it mean that smashed nails will never heal?
Thanks, I'll sort that out. Hopefully nail/claw/talon healing does not crash the game, but anything is poss...

Are you going to make a .25 ASCII version? I believe you have said it would be a lot of work, but what exactly would you need to do to convert the Ironhand version to the ASCII version? If it isn't too complex you could possibly do it like you did the Orc language file.
Orc Fort is allowed to use my ascii raws as a base. I'll have a June-20 or June-21 ascii ver out soon I suppose.

i'm liking it, but it would be nice if i could simply add a failure chance to the fireworks that creates something like ash. because it seems a bit lame to have a legendary "fireworks" maker blow him self up, though everyone likes a mad orc.

Also i'm thinking about changing the whole basic structure of the orc to more of a human sized one. though having more natural muscle tissue.

about the ASCII version, i'll get one up as soon as i have the ironhand version up to 1.0, that will be in about 1 or 2 weeks. so be patient  :P

Also maybe a new name, something like "orc genesis" or "genesis of the orcs". because orc fortress just doesn't do genesis much credit  :D and tbh sounds a bit lame.

Orcish Exodus?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, when do you plan on making a new or updated version?
It's ready, I just add new spells for adventure mode ("morpheus gift" to knock people out, "petrification" to paralyze them, "voodoo chants" to cause pain etc.).

Then I will have to update that damn japanese language file which I did not touch for a month, and make graphics for the new creatures, and it will be ready.

Thanks for that. It irritates me to have brown fingers forever just because nails never heal :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, when do you plan on making a new or updated version?
It's ready, I just add new spells for adventure mode ("morpheus gift" to knock people out, "petrification" to paralyze them, "voodoo chants" to cause pain etc.).

Then I will have to update that damn japanese language file which I did not touch for a month, and make graphics for the new creatures, and it will be ready.

Indeed. The Japanese language is VERY HARD to translate into their english equivalents, especially if taken word for word. Not to mention that some words in english just don't plain exist in japanese. Add to the fact that the language files are VERY long, yeah... major headache.

Also, I'd like to ask a question. Is there a way to create a boiling stone with gas that can burn? I haven't had much luck in creating that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Right now I am struggling to make boiling stones which cause syndromes :P. They DO NOT WORK no matter what I do, and when I am about to give up, they suddenly work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will try the burning effect while I am on it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, apparently syndromes through gases work really randomly. I mean even without RESISTABLE and with 100% chance they still kick in pretty rarely. However they work, so you will get three more spells at your disposal. Especially wicked one is the petrification, since creatures suffocate. Morpheus gift is nice too to cause them to fall asleep.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

quick question, anyone knows what the raw is for the crafts workshop because

XD thanks in advance

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Okay, apparently syndromes through gases work really randomly. I mean even without RESISTABLE and with 100% chance they still kick in pretty rarely. However they work, so you will get three more spells at your disposal. Especially wicked one is the petrification, since creatures suffocate. Morpheus gift is nice too to cause them to fall asleep.

Yeah, boulder spells are kind of finicky. Just for variety, you might want to make a "slow" spell by causing paralysis in the legs, although it's kinda useless since petrification exists.

Also, necrosis of the brain and spine is cool too. If the creature is necrosis-ified in the brain and spine, they die once hit, on any body part. 

Are you planning to include grimoires to cast spells, or are you going to keep it as is?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure you can't add reactions to the crafts workshop.

You have to make a new workshop.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

XD thanks in advance

For the vanilla workshop, CRAFTSMAN is the craftsdwarf's workshop

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure you can't add reactions to the crafts workshop.

You have to make a new workshop.

Actually, there is.

Here's a list of vanilla buildings on the wiki:

""Valid buildings are KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN, and any custom buildings. "

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Wow, that's news to me. Thanks for the clear up.

dimosa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

XD thanks in advance

For the vanilla workshop, CRAFTSMAN is the craftsdwarf's workshop

well that seemed to work, only did the game crash once the item was done, now to figure out the reasen XD
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 642