Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232735 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: How the "all animals are war trained" do vs. kobbo thief:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm amused by:
The war Guineacock bites The Kobold Thief in the right hand, denting the skin and bruising the muscle!
The war Rabbit pushes The Kobold Thief in the left lower leg, bruising the fat!
The war Rabbit pushes The Kobold Thief in the right lower arm, bruising the skin through the ({small rope reed f cloak})!
I wouldn't expect it to do much damage, but a war Rooster or even war Guineacock I can understand. Male chickens and other fowl can be quite aggressive, as (the inhumane and illegal) cockfighting shows. But war Rabbits?! :o I'm reminded of the horror and humor that is the killer bunny in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:52:58 pm by Thundercraft »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

The caste system works beautifully here along with the new monsters and challenges although I'm noticing a bug with the Obsidian caste not using their fire against the enemy as stated before.
Probably just the same as crossbow-not-using dwarves...probably.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't been getting any caravans from the mountainhome in a while.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that this hasn't happened to me while using vanilla DF. Could it be a bug, or just bad luck?
Just bad luck, my today-raws dorf caravan arrived on time. Have you have many citizen die? That deters migrants sometimes. And if you have somehow managed to piss off the parent civ, then points to you.

Edit: How the "all animals are war trained" do vs. kobbo thief:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome, man! May I inquire as to how you captured the text you posted here? I am guessing you didn't write it down by hand, did you?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

The caste system works beautifully here along with the new monsters and challenges although I'm noticing a bug with the Obsidian caste not using their fire against the enemy as stated before.
Probably just the same as crossbow-not-using dwarves...probably.
Obsidians' firebreath was removed like... Genesis 3.23 says dffd changelog. It was too guaranteed grassfires outdoors. Often 4-6 fps for a good half hour.

Awesome, man! May I inquire as to how you captured the text you posted here? I am guessing you didn't write it down by hand, did you?
In the same folder as DF executable there is gamelog.txt.

The combat logs can be converted to CSV spreadsheet and sorted all kinds of ways, to analyze armor robe deflections and stuff.
here's one of my old logs in Excel format: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/DF%20Orbsspun%20-%20giga-siege%20log%20-%20analyzed.xls
(tip: search-replace " in the" to ",in the"... and also "and the severed" insert a comma for CSV)

DFusion does that [embark with more than 7 dorfs], run it, type 6, return, your desired number of dwarves, return, and embark on the world map, and you should have your 200 dorfs. Adjust your starting points adequately when worldgenning.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:21:46 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Aenyell

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

http://gyazo.com/eafccf0e0377009b9e57bb0959d8a7a9
http://gyazo.com/88597886c7466e31b30866bce70b8f87
Wtf? This spread fast and burn all my dwarfs. Very fast and deadly for simple fire

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Just lost four more dwarves during training practice.
I think I'll disarm the goblins next time... Or wait for some cave critters to show up in my traps.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doing great on a fort building up population for a while, suddenly my best miners and woodcutters decide to HURF DURF NEED SILK PRODUCTS FOR ARTIFACT I'd previously tried digging down and searching various directions (100 z-levels worth) in search of just one God damn cavern with silk in it but none turned up, later one asked for plant cloth a season before I could plant pig tails, and to top it off I got 3 Ambushes in a row after lowering my bridge to clear the entire map of foragable fauna in hopes of but a single rope reed, and not a shit was given by my biome that day.

Stupid ass demands for artifacts are just killing decent workers now.

It's fun to lose by getting sieged or something, but slow decay from spoiled midgets is god awful.
Just try and make sure you buy silk and plant cloth from the multiple caravans each year, I'm fairly sure at least one caravan other than the dwarfs sells silk cloth now.  Also could have been worth a shot plant gathering the caverns to see if you could find any pig tails there.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just found gelatinous cube in arena mode.

Magma can't kill it, and it just wont die of any physical means, only way I could think of is the degrincher trap, big falls, or maybe obsidian trap.
Hello.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

--One can embark with silk, cloth, glass and forbid it in a remote corner until a mood needs it.

Just lost four more dwarves during training practice. I think I'll disarm the goblins next time... Or wait for some cave critters to show up in my traps.
Wearing iron or steel Masked Helmets? Masked is the only one that covers 100% of head. My ultimate goal of bleeding-amounts tuning is that one severed arm isn't death by blood loss, but one sever and one fracturedbone is. Might have to boost humanoid bone toughness so there's less severs.
I have created Bog Frog, Red Frog, Mud Snake(fictional teamwork boa of the caves) for easy practice opponents.
Wtf? This spread fast and burn all my dwarfs. Very fast and deadly for simple fire
Fort mode time is very speedy. Visuals depend on your FPS. Yes it's deadly when your clothes burn on you and you bleed. Cannot tune the heat amount of grassfires. And.. snow-covered grasslands burn just as much as dry hot grasslands.

Just found gelatinous cube in arena mode. Magma can't kill it, and it just wont die of any physical means, only way I could think of is the degrincher trap, big falls, or maybe obsidian trap.
I have fixed that in my releases:
I've tried out some of the new monsters in the arena, could I suggest a way to kill gelatinous cubes? They certainly will never, ever, die...
I nerfed it from 5000-thick skin to 20-thick skin in today's release. I shall try it in the arena now.
5 gelcube vs 10 giant badger: 6 badgers zero GC die, 4 badgers get injured and flee.
5 gelcube vs 5 giant gargoyle... gelcubes live.
5 gelcube vs 3 hydra, hydras flesh rots and they flee. *sigh*
(tweak cube)
WOW, giant can throw GCube like 30 squares with wrestling!
(change to 2partbody, now central knot can be lopped off)
5 GC vs 15 no skill no gear goblins, GCs die, 9 gob survive with horrible "rotten" damage.
5 GC vs 10 gargoyles: gargoyles win and took no damage. (follow-up: frost dragon vs 10 garg, FD wins but took heavy damage.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:41:35 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf Fortress Wiki > DF2010:Sun berry > Bugs
Like all plants with the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, sun berries currently don't show up anywhere.

As a temporary workaround, why not delete all the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags from "plant_standard.txt" and all the "plant_botany_xxxx.txt"? Then these bugged plants should show up. Although, they'd show up in biomes they're not supposed to...

You could replace the [GOOD] and [EVIL] with "" or empty space. Even better, you could replace them with !GOOD! and !EVIL! as placeholders that get ignored by the game.

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile

This mod seems interesting but I don't know how to install it. Can someone tell me?
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

You don't. Just download it and it's all ready to go, prepacked with the DF files as well as the mod files. Enjoy!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Dwarf Fortress Wiki > DF2010:Sun berry > Bugs
Like all plants with the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags, sun berries currently don't show up anywhere.

As a temporary workaround, why not delete all the [GOOD] and [EVIL] tags from "plant_standard.txt" and all the "plant_botany_xxxx.txt"? Then these bugged plants should show up. Although, they'd show up in biomes they're not supposed to...

You could replace the [GOOD] and [EVIL] with "" or empty space. Even better, you could replace them with !GOOD! and !EVIL! as placeholders that get ignored by the game.
Ouch, I didn't notice this bug. Your solution works for the time being until it's fixed. Is the grass bugged the same way, or only plants? Since they are different instances, I think they are unrelated, but it's still safer to ask :).

Just found gelatinous cube in arena mode.

Magma can't kill it, and it just wont die of any physical means, only way I could think of is the degrincher trap, big falls, or maybe obsidian trap.
I was going to "nerf" them for a long time, but for some reason still didn't get to it. The next update (how many times will I tell these words which are not happening? :P) will get it fixed.

Meanwhile, TomiTapio and others, remind me what should I put in the new version from the balancing/gameplay point of view for the next release? I will check the previous pages, but it's been a while so I could miss something important.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:08:06 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Good and evil grasses work just fine.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

By the way, to keep you up to date (since I kinda disappeared from the modding forums lately), I've added some stuff already. I was lazy, writing diplomas and playing new games, so these are just creatures for now.

Mundane:
Baboon (savanna)
Hyena (which I planned to add long time ago)
Lynx (a bigger forest cat)
Wolverine (I wanted to add it for a long time too)
Zebra (tropical grassland, savanna)

Not so mundane:
Gnawers (evil poisonous rabbits, evil rabbit biomes)
Octobrain (flying octopus-like creature, illithid relative, evil areas)
Slimes (mostly caves, they drop edible jelly which you can cook into dwarven puddings)
Unoculus (spiked one-eyed floater, evil areas)

Not so many, so suggestions are welcome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 642