Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228281 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

1 cavern layer doesn't cause that much lag, does it? Is having no layers at all noticeably WAAAAAY faster?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I have to ask deon will there be different workshops for every race?
Like goblins get the ability to make obsidian ware, elves with a blessing tree workshop, or humans with their flat panel TV's and jacuzzi's?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This weekend is close, and my supervisor should be away for a week. It means MOAR MODDING TIME :).

I was wondering if you remember these old posts:
I kind of thought no one would actually care about my mod...
[snip]...should I nerf... [snip] some of the slimes I kind of made them designed to cause A WHOLE lot of fun when pissed off. Oh and Thank you Thundercraft for the cool suggestion... [snip] and Deon for the support you guys are GREAT :D.
They are really cool. Why would you think other people won't need it?
I personally plan to nerf Gelatinous Cube a bit and add some jellies too now, you inspired me :).
(Emphasis added.)

I see that TomiTapio has recently nerfed the GelGubes slightly:

Here's my latest ascii raws, I love them...
Thicker dragon skin. Nerfed GelCubes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25dTT_ASCII_Bonfires__newmineral_newwood_May23.zip

But I could not find many "Jelly" creatures. The only one I could find was:
[CREATURE:FLOATER] --"Giant Cavejelly" by Vorthon (2011 March)

Just wanted to ask Deon if he still plans to add more jellies to Genesis...

shoobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to make a single, annoyed post about the fact that this mod has NOT been updated for the ASCII base version of the mod.  I do not like the style of the graphical and there unfortunately is no easy conversion back to the base view that is Vanilla.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I'm going to make a single, annoyed post about the fact that this mod has NOT been updated for the ASCII base version of the mod.  I do not like the style of the graphical and there unfortunately is no easy conversion back to the base view that is Vanilla.
Oh yes it has been updated; by me. It just lacks the official stamp from busy-at-university Deon. Ironhand version lacks a few creature tiles (beasts I've added).
And Deon loves me :´)

The mod seems quite nice, but I dislike graphics packs and the ASCII version is rather out of date. Is there a way I can manually change a graphics version to use ASCII?
It's a lot of tile changes, between ironhand and ascii. Every tree and plant and creature and workshop.
I provide the cutting-edge ascii version:
Genesis in ASCII tiles: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25dTT_ASCII_Bonfires__newmineral_newwood_May23.zip
probably most of my new things (animals, minerals, trees, balance tunings) will make it into the Official Genesis.
(install by installing the official ascii genesis, then replacing the raws folder with my raws folder. Or just use your existing .25 install and replace raws folder)

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I may have found a bug, when i was playing the succesion game i just started (Daggerbleeding) Scavengers attacked but when the siege left   the game still acted as if i was under siege it is still technically under siege which means that most likely no migrants or caravans will arive how would i fix this.

EDIT: I post this here because this has happened before but only in sieges against scavengers.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree, it's just ridiculous that Deon and Tomi aren't spending their unpaid free time doing exactly what I want...

Sense of entitlement much?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I agree, it's just ridiculous that Deon and Tomi aren't spending their unpaid free time doing exactly what I want...
It's even funnier because Tomi did exactly what he wants.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile

I may have found a bug, when i was playing the succesion game i just started (Daggerbleeding) Scavengers attacked but when the siege left   the game still acted as if i was under siege it is still technically under siege which means that most likely no migrants or caravans will arive how would i fix this.

EDIT: I post this here because this has happened before but only in sieges against scavengers.

Are you sure all of them left the map? I remember once I had a hard time ending a siege because there were a few illithid fliers that wouldn't run, presumably because of a pathfinding bug. Check the units screen and see if anyone got trapped.

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yet again like the last time i will not be making a wall of text as a question but i am going to ask this.

What is the diffrence between a pile of mud and a dusting of mud?

what am i suppose to do with all these troglodytes?

and what are lost adventurers?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:24:33 pm by TheIcelandicManiac »
Urist McHappy has entered a fit of euphoria!
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
The Fish Cleaner has been taught the value of friendship!
Sigged

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile

Yet again like the last time i will not be making a wall of text as a question but i am going to ask this.

What is the diffrence between a pile of mud and a dusting of mud?

what am i suppose to do with all these troglodytes?

and what are lost adventurers?

Not much, I think it indicates how much water flow was there.

Drop them into a 20 z-level deep pit.

Adventurers that got lost in the deep caverns, went insane, and now want to do fun things with your dwarves. (Aren't actually adventurers, just regular mobs from the deep)

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adventurers that got lost in the deep caverns, went insane, and now want to do fun things with your dwarves. (Aren't actually adventurers, just regular mobs from the deep)
how much effort do you need to kill one?
for i have 2 on screen right now and i only rememeber from PlumpHelmetPunks comment in one of his advenutres .
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
Sigged

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you sure all of them left the map? I remember once I had a hard time ending a siege because there were a few illithid fliers that wouldn't run, presumably because of a pathfinding bug. Check the units screen and see if anyone got trapped.

I Checked in Runesmith there are no invaders left. is there a Utility to end a siege.

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yea i allso had that problome.

wait a few years and you will get this
umm any chance i can change the amount of century bowmen that come at the first seige?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:07:31 pm by TheIcelandicManiac »
Sigged

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yea i allso had that problome.

wait a few years and you will get this
umm any chance i can change the amount of century bowmen that come at the first seige?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How do you make it end now because its a succesion game and we aren't getting migrants any time soon if the siege doesnt end we also have 16 dwarves left.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 642