Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228435 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are there any people planning to start up a genesis succession game because i was thinking of starting or joining a young one.

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uhm...limonite is iron....limestone is flux

I got Chalk for Fluxstone
Urist McHappy has entered a fit of euphoria!
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
The Fish Cleaner has been taught the value of friendship!
Sigged

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uhm...limonite is iron....limestone is flux

How is a magma safe material forged into something that in real life has less heat than lava?

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the blast furnice is a magma blastfurnice?
wtf?
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
Sigged

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So the blast furnice is a magma blastfurnice?
wtf?
Im talking about the finishing forge which turns can make steel from pig iron

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'll put OO in the Goodwood category but only value2, fine but not mahogany. Should make great bolts and trapcomps.

Nice. :) I learned some more things about OO from your info. A couple questions come to mind: Will we be able to extract yellow dye from it? Also, what color will the wood appear in-game? In real life it is yellow-orange and I think it would be nice to see more wood that is other than brown.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Make sure the ingredients (fuel, flux, ore/bars) are near the workshop... if the flux is say 100 steps away on lower level, it might refuse to do the task. Put a flux stone stockpile. Sam with soapmaker's and alchemy workshops.

A couple questions come to mind: Will we be able to extract yellow dye from it? Also, what color will the wood appear in-game? In real life it is yellow-orange and I think it would be nice to see more wood that is other than brown.
Well, if one made a reaction that takes that bodark wood in... I think "no reactions from logs" is what I'll stick to. Although might be fun to have a fantasy tree from which you extract "bone" or "horn/hoof" crafting material. Haha, even herbalism plants that are reactioned to dragonbone! (you have collected bone_piles from the ancient battlefield.)

Colors are seriously limited to _16_ by the ascii origins of the game. See http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Color  and I've set goodwood to dark red, fairwood to basic wood's brown.
These new trees are still much under work, as Deon hasn't had his say yet. It's pretty hard awkward to figure out the biome+wet/dry for lots of species. Is there even "dry+marsh" in the game...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:40:59 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tested out the mod, it was EPIC.
I don't know how to work the Library though, got the tomes ready and the idle people waiting to read them but do they need a job to read the tomes?

And I think I've found a bug (?)

I had two of my master swordsdwarves clad in full red steel versus a Frost Wyrm in DF. They killed it pretty easy but then caught frostbite by one of the clouds and then froze to death.

Temperature was enabled and it was a warm summer's day...

They were part of the Steel caste :(

On a side note, could it be patched so that things like frostbite and other new symptoms can be cured in the hospital by a surgeon or someone else?

And on a completely unrelated note. Why do the "human" (the ones that replace the vanilla) races have king and queen monsters?!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:28:33 am by Tiruin »

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make sure the ingredients (fuel, flux, ore/bars) are near the workshop... if the flux is say 100 steps away on lower level, it might refuse to do the task. Put a flux stone stockpile. Sam with soapmaker's and alchemy workshops.

Well the workshop is swarming with coke, iron and chalk but it still allways says that it requers fule even tough i got loads of fule.
Sigged

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

I don't know how to work the Library though, got the tomes ready and the idle people waiting to read them but do they need a job to read the tomes?
I had two of my master swordsdwarves clad in full red steel versus a Frost Wyrm in DF. They killed it pretty easy but then caught frostbite by one of the clouds and then froze to death.

And on a completely unrelated note. Why do the "human" (the ones that replace the vanilla) races have king and queen monsters?!
Library like any workshop needs a job/task before anyone will use it. try "j-m-q study" to see what you can add to the jobs-queue.

Poison monsters are poisonous. Magic frostbite is awful, it's a to-be-thought-about balance issue (like GelCube and LostAdventurer and Mummy and VoidMaster.) Sometimes it's better to send out Expandable Dwarves! (Note: it is proper that your heroes should die to dragons.)

DF lets demons and other Powers (giant, dragon etc.) pretend to be gods or Gods' avatars and thus trick/force themselves into a leadership position.

Well the workshop is swarming with coke, iron and chalk but it still allways says that it requers fule even tough i got loads of fule.
Might be older version of Genesis, have "iron ore" but reaction requires "coarse iron ore" issue (or vice versa). Use my latest Genesis sub-releases.

ps. new 7-dorf fort: one nightwing of normal size. Almost all die, damn that superman-ly nightwing! And mystery bushfire after first group of migrants battle the monster. Abandon, Reclaim. Harpies & giant lions, many die, last two died of no-water lions-dominate-outdoors-barrels.
pps. embark elsewhere joyouswilds, aquifer, and finally find a way through aquifer! (but not with help of my new minerals :( try loads of channel-here from sandy rooms...) But then there's 2nd aquifer..
hmm make clayloam appear in all aquifer sands... give that a try... want a chance of random get-past-aquifer (without silly "collapse 20 floor tiles past aquifer")
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:02:40 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Cave Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This post on Russian, because we are living in Russia with Deon and so will be easy to undersand with us. If he will want to translate then he will do this, because my English not so good.

Привет, Deon!
Прежде всего, хочу поблагодарить за огромную работу, которую ты проделал. В твоем  моде  много свежих, неординарных идей. Очень понравились необычные мастерские и всякого  рода мелочи вроде садов, игровых площадок и тренажеров. Все продумано до мелочей, даже  компоненты каждого строения не просто взяты с потолка.  С умом ты подошел и к  визуализации - в каждой мастерской видны различные инструменты, столы и прочие - не  столь схематично как в оригинале. Конечно же, спасибо и за живность и за различные расы,  которые делают мир разнообразнее. К сожалению, не могу такого же сказать о вмешательстве в оригинальные граф пакеты. Я использую тайлсет  Ironhand и уже порядком привык к нему, хотя и тоже довольно много заменил в нем под себя. В первую очередь, я полностью согласен с тобой, что в Ironhand гуманоиды гораздо хуже, менее информативны, чем в Phoebus. Ты правильно сделал ,что заменил их, хотя кобольды,  имхо, лучше в  Ironhand. Земли и камней у тебя больше и я вполне одобряю то, что ты многие тайлы в ней заменил. Я не спец по почвам и камням, поэтому меня вполне устраивают все варианты.А вот животные меня разочаровали. Я знаю, что ты хороший художник и ты наверное понимаешь, что животные в оригинальном Ironhand НАМНОГО лучше, информативнее и красивее, чем те, которые ты поставил вместо них. В Ironhand живность более объемная, имеет тени,  более богатые цвета. Было бы точнее назвать это не Ironhand, а ремейком Ironhand-а, тк от оригинала в нем, в итоге, немного. В общем, чтобы вернуть живность, мне пришлось потратить около 2х часов. В результате, я получил старый добрый Ironhand+новые фишки и живность. Только вот пугает, что однажды выйдет обновление и снова придется все переделывать.  Своими наработками, могу поделиться, если интересует. Вообще, думаю, что было бы лучше  если бы доп фишки к оригинальному Ironhand прилагались бы опционально, доп комплектом.
Кстати, пока копался, обнаружил один баг – в версии Ironhand не отображается badger_giant, тк для него не прописаны тайлы.
graphics_animal_mestalidae.txt
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:BADGER_GIANT]
        [DEFAULT:MUSTELIDAE:0:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
        [CHILD:MUSTELIDAE:1:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
В целом твой мод мне очень нравится и я немного размечтался, о том, что еще можно к нему добавить. Вот пара идей, возможно они будут интересны.
Общие (эстетика):
Тайл трупа
После того как существо погибает, его труп продолжает отображаться своей иконкой,  только поворачиваются на 90 градусов и зафильтровывается цветом, как это делается для  дварфа.  Далее два варинта.
1 осуществить, конечно же, сложно, хотя это и очень круто - гниющий труп показывается как  повернутый на 90 градусов тайл зомби данного вида, а скелет как – скелет данного вида.
2 труп продолжает отображаться своей иконкой, под 90 градусов и зафильтровывается 
зеленым цветом. Когда труп сгнил, показывается красная иконка первой буквы в имени, как  раньше.
Тайл существа в клетке
Когда существо попадает в клетку, и его приносят на склад, оно отображается как тайл существа и клетки поочередно. И это хорошо. Однако, когда клетку устанавливают, оно отображается тайлом скелета и клетки. Я предлагаю сделать так, чтобы в установленной клетке существо выглядело также, как тогда, когда его только принесли на склад (не кости а его иконка).
Бой:
Использование огня
Зажигательные болты делаются у алхимика из любых или только деревянных болтов
Траву, которую можно собирать (gathering) можно выкладывать охапками, на определенной площади, для поджога осаждающих. 
Стены
Все стены, кроме естественных, разрушаемы разрушителями строений. Путь они разрушают  их долго, дольше чем это делает каменщик, чтобы можно было строить новую стену с другой  стороны, но они могут это сделать. Никакого читерства с воротами, никаких абсолютно  неприступных крепостей.
Огненная ловушка
Алхимик из многих компонентов производит порох, заряжая им ловушку. Наступивший на ловушку и ближайшая растительность подвергается атаке огнем.

Производство
Реалистичные фермы
Фермерство в игре читерское. Ведь даже наземное фермерство - одно из наименее  эффективных производств. А тем более - подземное. А в игре получается, что  растениеводство (особенно ткацкое) является одним из наиболее прибыльных. Реалистичное  фермерство - это когда рост урожая дольше (раз в год в морозных регионах, полгода в  нормальных  или более, если климат жаркий) с фермы большей площади (примерно раза в  два).

Алтари
Алтарю природы жертвуют еду за что в крепости рождается животное или дварф.
Если порох не подходит к концепции средневековья, то можно организовать жертвоприношение дерева или драг металлов за бочки нефти, которые используются в огненных ловушках.

Алтарю Армока, бога крови жертвуют труп существа, за что он дает немного магмы. Это  более простой способ получить магму для кузницы или рва, чем качать лаву насосами снизу,  но лава идет по-чуть-чуть и нерегулярно, так что это не будет обманом. Лава вытекакет  из алтаря неравномерно, поэтому рядом с алтарем нужно прокопать ямку или канал. Процент  удачи должен быть < 40% и давать за раз столько магмы, чтобы заполнить 1 тайл на  1/7. Нужно как-то защитить жертвователей от ожогов.Можно жертвовать кровь животных Армоку, за что он дарит редкие компонеты для алхимии или зачарования. 
Зачарование
У эльфов можно купить магический фиал (довольно дорогой), с помощью которого,  алхимик может наложить чары на оружие улучшая его характеристики (вес и тд). Шанс  успеха зависит от навыка.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:06:48 pm by Cave Man »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Perchance, my current fort had a frost wyrm attack. and the armors are now cursed/soiled/contactpoison... it's quite horrible. Really hard to find and ban the cursed armors. Dorfs have no survival instinct vs. poisoned pants... I guess best thing to do is "forbid own death items" the moment a poisoner/froster comes.

(runs prev post through google translate...
'good work on the ironhand workshop gfx' 'should rotate corpse tiles 90deg' 'fire bolts' 'gunpowder explosive fire traps' 'sacrifice corpse on alter to get magma' 'buy enchant weapon potions from elves')
Thanks for the ideas, but Deon probably won't implement most of them.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:05:03 pm by TomiTapio »

Cave Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the ideas, but Deon probably won't implement most of them.
Why do you think so? He is very busy?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Yes, he's doing the Shadowrun mod now. And there's been plenty of opportunity in the past to attempt to do gunpowder and explosives. And I think a reaction can't make magma. No fort mode fire arrows, but we have fire-baseball and cold-baseball in adventurer mode. Your graphics suggestions seem much more likely to get done.

"Wagon toppled by Ogress."

`Ush dexmtr', Swordsdwarf has frozen to death.
`Adil moss', lowbie has frozen to death.
Domas Kolgireth, Speardwarf has frozen to death.
Vabok Kulalkol, Speardwarf has frozen to death.
The Speardwarf falls over.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:09:36 pm by TomiTapio »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am writing my diploma this week, I will look what I can do later.

Многое невыполнимо пока, однако попробую реализовать, я отпишусь попозже на неделе, сейчас диплом :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 642