Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228665 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

Do mandrake seeds actually do anything, or do you need a specific biome?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Mandrake's raws say it requires [WET][BIOME:ANY_WETLAND]. Hey, maybe some other plants need biome restrictions. Hmm.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

What is the point in the "race change" when you can just give them custom bodies?
to convert creatures over to the werewolf race and to make fighting them a little harder knowing you might end up having your surviving armies turn into snarling beasts.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:51:52 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

highkoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can i use this with the legacy version of DF? and if so how do i go about doing that hehe.

i have to use legacy otherwise i cant see animations

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having a small issue with flux in my current game. Basically, I'm getting stone that's called "-FLUX STONE-", so far the only flux stone I've found in two game years, which appears to be unusable in making steel. I had a crucible built, had both plenty of charcoal, pig iron, and iron bars, but was still not able to do anything. I've also had something called "-SPECIAL STONE-" showing up in all my modded forts. I've got both this mod and the LFR one modded in, if that might make a difference. (Though LFR only adds on more civs and equipment, not any changes to stone raws that I can find...) I haven't done any other mods to my stone raws, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Can i use this with the legacy version of DF? and if so how do i go about doing that hehe.

i have to use legacy otherwise i cant see animations

You need the /raw/, as well as /data/art/, /data/sound/ and /data/speech/ folders. You also have to manually specify the tileset sheet (i.e. ironhand_text.png) in data/init/init.txt.

Having a small issue with flux in my current game. Basically, I'm getting stone that's called "-FLUX STONE-", so far the only flux stone I've found in two game years, which appears to be unusable in making steel. I had a crucible built, had both plenty of charcoal, pig iron, and iron bars, but was still not able to do anything. I've also had something called "-SPECIAL STONE-" showing up in all my modded forts. I've got both this mod and the LFR one modded in, if that might make a difference. (Though LFR only adds on more civs and equipment, not any changes to stone raws that I can find...) I haven't done any other mods to my stone raws, so I'm not sure what's going on.
How did you get this "stone"? Those are leaf types and only used for the "Stones" menu under Z.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

highkoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Legacy only supports BMP, can i just convert them?

Am i the only one that has to run legacy to actually see animations in DF...
You know like thrown objects, knockbacks, blood splatter and such.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:45:57 am by highkoo »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oops, if it only supports BMP, you'd better be with ASCII version with ASCII tileset (or the one of common BMPs) and graphical tiles for creatures (if you use graphics). Because the graphical versions heavily use transparency from PNGs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

highkoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops, if it only supports BMP, you'd better be with ASCII version with ASCII tileset (or the one of common BMPs) and graphical tiles for creatures (if you use graphics). Because the graphical versions heavily use transparency from PNGs.

Ill give that a shot, thank you

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played around with this mod a bit, and I had some questions. (All about adventure mode).

So, why didn't my swimming increase anymore? Did the mod put a max on that?

I found some frostbreath items. I think that was not supposed to happen right? I "might" also have fled from that frost giant letting him bleed to death. That was loads of fun btw. Look a giant, sneaks over, readies bow, shoots. Army charges dragon. Frostbreath. "you are freezing to death"x20

Also bone arrowheads are a valid target for crafting bone arrowheads, so you can use these to bootstrap yourself into very high bonecrafting skill.

Also it is normal that you only get 1 bundle of arrowheads even if you use frostdragon bones x 800?

Also nice, the first thing I try to kill with my Demigod Steel Dwarf with red steel shield and axe is a Cowlike being, who promptly rushes me knocks me down, and breaks a few bones.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:03:14 am by soyweiser »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

So, why didn't my swimming increase anymore? Did the mod put a max on that?

Also it is normal that you only get 1 bundle of arrowheads even if you use frostdragon bones x 800?

Also nice, the first thing I try to kill with my Demigod Steel Dwarf with red steel shield and axe is a Cowlike being, who promptly rushes me knocks me down, and breaks a few bones.
1) There is no maximum other than legendary+10. Adventurers should start with some swimming skill as a drowning death is embarrassing. If you're using my raws, domple-morons can never swim.
2) Yes. We modders can't fix that. Also, copper is better than toughbones.
3) There's combat tactics options, "C" key, set to dodge, and begin with dodging skill.

Testing more minerals... uploaded a save, super slow (one-seventh) test embark (underworld magma leaks), people might like to see this: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4365
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:16:35 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) There is no maximum other than legendary+10. Adventurers should start with some swimming skill as a drowning death is embarrassing. If you're using my raws, domple-morons can never swim.
2) Yes. We modders can't fix that. Also, copper is better than toughbones.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, I never got any swimming experience. (sneaky swimming for double the exp!). I gave my dwarf 2 levels of swimming from the start and that is what he still has now). So that looked rather odd. According to the raws he [SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500] dunno what that means.

I knew copper is better, I have been getting a lot of steel equipment, to replace my sun gold equip. (Not going to do that anymore probably, as my adventurer got a rather nasty hand wound, not good for legendary axedwarf, no more nerves... Do not sleep outside, even if you can instantly kill bogymen. Embarassing, a skinlessfreak almost killing a legendary dwarf in his sleep)). But making boots/etc out of the dragonleather would be better than normal right?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Right, you're playing as one of the elite castes who know automatically how to swim (innate vs. learned). Super steel dwarf (and my new Warrior caste) should learn how to swim in childhood, so she won't drown in a random no-ramps forest pool. Or in a random flooding-trap accident.

Yeah the toughleather/hide (dragons, trolls, my pekyt (farm them for toughmaterials), sandworm, dire bear, werewolf, hippo, elephant, rhino and many underground beasts)
is significantly better than regular leather. Haven't really tested them in arena, how 30 toughleather armored ones fare vs. 30 kitten elfleather ones.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just noticed something cool (I think).  I had a caged acid mephit and it managed to break out, I guess by dissolving the cage.  I think the cage was wooden but it's gone now so I can't check.  I was just surprised as I thought once stuff is caged that's it there forever until you let it out.

Also - having sieging armies mounted on dragon raptors is awesome as my military are now equipped with dragonscale cloaks!  Although had a few already from the two red dragons that appeared one after another but more is always good.  Now if only those void masters flying about would leave, they seem determined to just float about above my entrance.

MADDOGmjb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So I know that greaves give better protection than chain leggings, but would iron greaves be better than black steel chain leggings? Anyone got any info on this?
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 642