Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229021 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Anything that gives more cooking ingredients, and ways to logically use the stuff we have already, is a good thing  :D

If it were [EDIBLE_COOKED], it would end up in dishes (Minced Wax, anyone?).  Isn't there supposed to be a tag where it can only be an "improvement" to a meal? Actually most candy has wax in it, to begin with (Caranuba Wax or stuff like that, so it can come from plants or bees).
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

To be minced it should be EDIBLE_COOKED. EDIBLE_RAW foods are eaten without any ingredients :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Just noticed while playing the succession: you can grind clay for goodies. Is that supposed to happen?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Not really, the clay boulders are quite a new mechanic, thanks for noting, I will add another check for the stone :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wax IS edible, tho, so you know.  Ever had Wax-Lip Candy before? And Honeycomb is edible raw.  Good for ya, too.

motherf*ckin wax lips were disgusting! hated that candy...and those little brown squares with the skulls on the wrapper...i cant remember the name right now, but they were SUPER hard and gross...

and on topic...

all the other forms of hats, the spiked, and coif thing...is there an armor difference to the spiky helmets? and can a coif be worn with a cap helmet and hood?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:51:45 am by Renzuko »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Test-embarks re: my new minerals...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wax IS edible, tho, so you know.  Ever had Wax-Lip Candy before? And Honeycomb is edible raw.  Good for ya, too.

motherf*ckin wax lips were disgusting! hated that candy...and those little brown squares with the skulls on the wrapper...i cant remember the name right now, but they were SUPER hard and gross...

and on topic...

all the other forms of hats, the spiked, and coif thing...is there an armor difference to the spiky helmets? and can a coif be worn with a cap helmet and hood?
There are no real armor difference between helmets. I could make some of them to cover less area though, but it would be really deadly to dwarves :).

And you can wear coifs under helmets.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are no real armor difference between helmets. I could make some of them to cover less area though, but it would be really deadly to dwarves :).

Really there should be a difference, if you think about it.  A cap does not cover as much as a helm, and the helm not as much as a closed faced helmet.  If it's just juggling a few numbers, what's the harm.  The key would be to lower some, increase others, and leave the average score the same.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The caps are always 50%, it means 1 in 2 hits goes right pass it.

The problem is that all helmets always were 100%. Now if you make some less than that, it will mean that they will not be used (and randomly turkeys will kill your adamantine-clad warriors).

Also it will make danger rooms impossible to make.

All in all, it will decrease the usefulness of some helms (read - remove from the game; everyone wants to be able to protect their heads) without adding anything.

So it was my reasoning for not doing anything about that.

P.S. However it may be FUN to see your adamantine-clad champion catching a single stray wooden bolt in his eye and dying, so I may consider it :P. Also it will make spiders much deadlier. Right now they paralyze you and try to bite you in the head, so a single good helm makes you immune to them. If I make it so helmets have some holes, everyone will be spiders' food :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well 100% is one thing, but 95% would be a -1 in DnD terms.  And -1 isn't too much at all.  It means they need to "crit" you to hit you.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It would make sense for most helms to have 70-80% and for full helms to have 90-95%. I may go with it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well 100% is one thing, but 95% would be a -1 in DnD terms.  And -1 isn't too much at all.  It means they need to "crit" you to hit you.

Well, the difference is that one hit to the head in DF is MUCH more effective then any hit in DnD terms would be.. Wouldn't it need to be balanced so that you don't instantly die from getting hit once in the head?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Isn't COIF flexible and thus lets blunt force through? (looks at raws) well, it lacks shaped so I guess it stacks. Wish Toady would let us give prices/values to items. So chainmail would be slow to make and expensive.

I suppose could have one "masked helm" 100% coverage, more material. And all other helms 70-85%. Especially kettle hat should be crap 60%.

Bleh hood is 100% way too good. Why haven't I read these over earlier??

My proposal: rename one-horned to horned, horned helm into masked helm 100%.

And the motherbearding CLOAK and ROBE now come down from the ultimate superhero gear's 100% down to 70%. For far too long they have been good blunt defense. (you fail to hammer his head, since HE HAS A CLOAK CUSHIONING THE BLOWS) (one may arena-test iron-chainmail dudes vs. three-leather-cloaks dudes)

Well, the difference is that one hit to the head in DF is MUCH more effective then any hit in DnD terms would be.. Wouldn't it need to be balanced so that you don't instantly die from getting hit once in the head?
If the enemy is skilled enough to get a head hit, and target fails to parry/dodge/block, target deserves stab or hammer to the face. Not all head hits are fatal, and hmm guess 90% of brain hits are fatal.
I think I'll be giving my dorfs coif+maskedhelm+hood+cloak+robe - oh that feels like cheating, since cloak and robe are way too good defense AFAIK.

Here's my current raws, incl bonfires(not save-compatible with Deon's releases), creatures, new minerals, helm/cloak/robe tunings.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Genesis_3.25dTT_Ironhand_Bonfires__newminerals_May06.zip
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:27:58 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait do any of the helmets currently in the game cover the face? I may have not noticed... Either way I'm also favorable towards making masks for my dwarves anyway.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

I think the current helms all cover 100% (but not ears and nose which "stick out" / are external). Mouth being [EMBEDDED][APERTURE] I think it's covered, unless there's a rule apertures can't be armor-protected...

From what I can judge in the raws, masks are exactly the same 50% coverage as "cap". They do not go on the "face", just on the head.
So helm+mask is exactly same as helm+cap. Coif Coif helm hood combo seems better. Also, cloaks and robes extend to cover head too.

Deon, next time you break save compatibility, might want to create [BODY:2EARS_EMBEDDED] bodypart some for cave animals.
And perhaps [BODY:GUTS_SMALLER_NOPRESSURE].
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:42:42 am by TomiTapio »
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 642