Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229191 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

Nope, I was just sent to kill a bandit out in a regular bandit camp with regular bandit weapons and armor and announcements of who he/she killed.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Huh, then that's pretty weird. Can't help you, but maybe a more experienced adventure-mode player can.
I'm sure it's a bug, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

did you get any companions from another village?  They may be at war and you are now allied with the civ they are at war with.
Nom nom nom

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

Well, I never seem to even be able to get companions because I get mauled by rabid villagers before I can get to a fortress.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Illithids are Psionic.  So I would imagine that is an example of their Pyrokinesis.

There is a reason I don't play with Illithids, either in Genesis or in DnD.  They ruled half the multiverse for a reason, and for some reason they don't anymore? But still have all the powers they once did? I cry shenanigans!
A fireball i can see but a massive swathe of dragonfire is abit much.

They dont rule because giant green glass axe blades placed in the floors slaughter them to no end. Its comical how effective weapon traps are against centaurs and illithids, watching a centaur siege hit a mere 3 spaced lines of weapon traps with 2 blades a piece then watching them scramble back over the traps losing 90% of their numbers. I wish i could trade with them so i could gift them green glass instruments studded with centaur bones haha.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Erm... Am I meant to be able to play as a vast majority of semimegabeasts on this version?

Because it's damn awesome.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

I think that's a doubled raw problem... because I'm not getting it.

Bonus points: Find out which object you doubled and tell us so we can play with megaventurers, too.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOLY SHIT the fight was going good because the demons and ilithids were having a silent battle outside my walls but when i moved to engage DRAGONFIRE! in a small little room 13 dwarves killed instantly, voidmaster wrestler is on fire also EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE.  GOOD JOB BURNING FUNGUS FLOOR.

oh yeah immigrants just came to! welcome demons are on the job

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I think that's a doubled raw problem... because I'm not getting it.

Bonus points: Find out which object you doubled and tell us so we can play with megaventurers, too.
It's not duplicate raws. You can play as outsiders of certain megabeast "communities"

Everything else is normal. There are no megabeast cities.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Alright why the hell can void masters spew dragon fire? also holy shit DEMONS. My pastures were set alight and my honey economy went up in fire while animal after animal burned up all because a void master spewed a massive gout of dragon fire. Then a demon ambush came and instantly killed some poor sod who was collecting the centaur corpses by the weapon traps. The void master was also getting his ass handed to him by abunch of chickens until he grabbed one and sucked all the blood out of it.
My army did a great job except i lost 4-5 to random suffocations and freezing deaths which seemed very odd.
Well.. one time I made Gray Dragons, common animals like gators but very low frequency number, so enemy army came riding on dragons.

Void masters are about level 17 DnD wizards. And they bypass traps thanks to their force fields. (Tuning: voidmasters "[SPEED:1800] --slow for firebreath frequency" ) Dorfs with shields can block dragonfire.
Pasture-cave is much safer for cows than The Surface. Stay indoors during the Late Months, I do.

Random suffocations? That's paralysis toxins stopping their breathing. (Curse of the grand cross, every possible symptom at 1000%. Deon said he'd reduce it.)
Freezing, that's "absolute zero" material breath attack. Or an Ice Mephit pet pissing in your wet-floored meeting area.

It's not duplicate raws. You can play as outsiders of certain megabeast "communities"
Dude, you're being very vague. Dragon, hydra, balor, colossus, roc communities? I think not.

HOLY SHIT the fight was going good because the demons and ilithids were having a silent battle outside my walls but when i moved to engage DRAGONFIRE! in a small little room 13 dwarves killed instantly, voidmaster wrestler is on fire also EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE.  GOOD JOB BURNING FUNGUS FLOOR.
And this is why we can not go back into Vanilla, where there's only loincloth-biting goblins.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 03:07:26 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Selenite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh mephits... I hate them, Fire Mephits causes "accidental" cavern floor fire. Ice Mephits freezing my worthless dwarfs /animals when I'm not watching. Ugh.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Random suffocations? That's paralysis toxins stopping their breathing. (Curse of the grand cross, every possible symptom at 1000%. Deon said he'd reduce it.)
Oops, I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.

Dude, you're being very vague. Dragon, hydra, balor, colossus, roc communities? I think not.
The Phoebus version lacks the entity_monster.txt which was actually for a test run in adv. mode to test various mega-/semimegabeasts' strengths. You can make your own entity_monster.txt in the Phoebus /raw/objects/ folder to get the same result:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh mephits... I hate them, Fire Mephits causes "accidental" cavern floor fire. Ice Mephits freezing my worthless dwarfs /animals when I'm not watching. Ugh.
I think I will remove the ADOPTS_OWNER from Mephits so you could control their population easily :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

I think the Phoebus version should stay the way it is.

It's SO awesome playing as a balor.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we reduce the number of voidmasters? their goddamn unstoppable in terms of attrition as you'll lose tons of dwarves just trying to kill one no matter how well equipped/trained they are. Having a voidmaster in every ambush means no matter what your going to lose dwarves.

They should be leading armys because their basically powerful wizards who will fuck your army up.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

And even if you have many weapon traps...

Void master popratio at 30, when basic flayer at 1100. Like 3 in 160 should be voidmasters with current numbers but I guess they do crop up more other than that.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 642