Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229620 times)

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, bronze statues are tough. My first quest was to kill one. I've only got a few bruises but my companion was brained in the first couple turns. I only have a copper wakizashi but managed to do fractures and dents to most body parts and I've severed all fingers and toes. My companion dropped a black steel shield, so I've been throwing that around, but only managed to fracture the right hand. Is there any way to kill this thing?

EDIT: I just bisected by throwing a kobold corpse.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:29:24 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

How do i install the mod?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

How do i install the mod?
Easy: Just choose whichever version you'd like (regular ASCII, or either tileset), unzip it to a location on your computer, and hey presto, run DwarfFortress.exe. :D
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Are bones going to be re-worked?

It would be cool if dragons and other megabeasts had bones as strong as certain metals, so you could make cool weapons and armour out of them.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

You didn't see my rant on Trolls? They aren't even megabeasts, and they're strong enough that they have wiped out more towns in my worldgen than the Hydra.

I'd say their bones are plenty strong ;)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Hence the reason why hydras need to be made out of stronger materials.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... point ...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile

I found an orc lord.

His right testicle is gone.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Is his name Adulf McDictator?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So hows the next version comming, Deon? Any progress on the language file compilation?

That's all that's missing from me adding the orcs into my game.  Actually technically they'll be osmen, because I'll make them use [CREATURE:HUMAN]... I already use the Orcs, but they use the goblin language instead.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I found an orc lord.

His right testicle is gone.
Is he called Godfrey?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Are bones going to be re-worked?

It would be cool if dragons and other megabeasts had bones as strong as certain metals, so you could make cool weapons and armour out of them.
Yeah, probably megabeasts need tougher materials. I will work on it.

Wow, bronze statues are tough. My first quest was to kill one. I've only got a few bruises but my companion was brained in the first couple turns. I only have a copper wakizashi but managed to do fractures and dents to most body parts and I've severed all fingers and toes. My companion dropped a black steel shield, so I've been throwing that around, but only managed to fracture the right hand. Is there any way to kill this thing?

EDIT: I just bisected by throwing a kobold corpse.
Any metal better than bronze or a weapon with a quality will kill it with ease. Trying to kill bronze with copper is a bit silly, don't you think? :P

So hows the next version comming, Deon? Any progress on the language file compilation?

That's all that's missing from me adding the orcs into my game.  Actually technically they'll be osmen, because I'll make them use [CREATURE:HUMAN]... I already use the Orcs, but they use the goblin language instead.
I need to translate a bunch of words, and it will be done. There's almost everything translated already (in 3.25d).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

some how my craft battle axe reaction turn a fluffly wambler into a fluffy wambler fluff battle axe.
now to see if I could modify the studding to take any item and see if I could make a reaction that adds a part of the victim on to the item.
oh and Fluffly Wambler Fluff battle axe bound to be tested if I could kill stuff with it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

You need additional translations, or you just need to pair up the translations with the T_WORD?

I can help out with either if you need it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I need to put this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

into T_WORD (obviously with some changes because some words are too long).

I will do it soon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 642