Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230814 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.24 ϟ] - demons are back
« Reply #6150 on: April 06, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »

I think you guys (Deon & Tomi) have managed to do something with regard to enemy corpses rotting after all.  When I check the corpse list it shows as 'Mind Flayer Wrestler bone 23' or whatever, this is for corpses that have been sitting outside for around a season.  I've had some dwarven ghosts because their corpses have disappeared before I could safely venture out to gather them back in.  I am currently in a savannah hot/warm biome so I'm not sure if it's just the hot temperature helping this, I usually end up embarking in temperate zones.

Also, sorry I asked this a page or two ago but fast thread is fast.  Some of my cabinets and beds are showing wear then disappearing in bedrooms where pet mephits have been around with their owners.  Do they have some kind of cold aura or syndrome that would be causing this?  I only have acid and ice mephits at the moment.

And exciting current bugs I have noticed, I've got a dead sapling showing as S, I guess it's not supposed to.  Can't see the tree variety as it's dead though.  Also the vermin firefly in caverns is using the skeleton sprite, the same one that is used for caged creatures.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: April 06, 2011, 05:10:53 pm »

Acid mephits are dissolving your furniture, I bet.
Eliminate them.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: April 06, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »

My first Genesis fortress just suffered its first real military test -- two simultaneous demon ambushes. They caught two civilians outside and killed them instantly, then our ten brave militia engaged. Only five survived :o, but they drove off the foul creatures. One of the survivors has a smashed foot, and we don't have any thread for sutures, which is holding up his treatment. I'll start pig-tail growing as soon as I can. Hope he lives until they sprout. Also, my entire bunny population was slaughtered. Guess I need to build some kind of walled grazing area. Another new thing to worry about.

I admit I expected my steel-clad militia to be more effective. I probably should have started training them sooner. Demons are back, indeed.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: April 06, 2011, 05:29:19 pm »

When I said deeper was better, I meant ~10z's. But that works too.
IDEA! Go all the way to the magma sea.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: April 06, 2011, 05:40:07 pm »

One of the survivors has a smashed foot, and we don't have any thread for sutures, which is holding up his treatment. I'll start pig-tail growing as soon as I can.
Most animals leave hair after being butchered that can be spun into thread at a farmer's workshop so you could try that if you've got any (new since 3.19?).  A few animals can be sheared so you can get the hair without butchering, sheep, llamas, alpacas and probably more I don't know about.  Or there's usually at least one caravan a season that can carry thread.  Or the caverns are usually full of spider webs, set your least favourite dwarf to be a weaver and go gather that thread!

Void master wrestlers that are happy to fly over my main gates and never land are annoying, while it's proving useful for my hunters to train their marksmanship on it scares off traders and haulers around my entrance so everything takes three times as long to do.  I've only got a military armed mostly with cobalt you big girls.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: April 06, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »

Will the new version be save-breaking?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: April 06, 2011, 06:23:29 pm »

Go all the way to the magma sea.

From the sound of it, you're halfway there already.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: April 06, 2011, 07:26:45 pm »

I've only got a military armed mostly with cobalt you big girls.
Cobalt is better than nothing, which is exactly what my last militia squad was apparently armored in (I'd forgotten to set their equipment) when I sent them out to fight off an invasion of goblins. The death message spam began instantaneously. :(

Go all the way to the magma sea.

From the sound of it, you're halfway there already.
yessssss
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: April 06, 2011, 07:35:33 pm »

Oh but do make sure to take flying cave creatures into account.  Maybe at the entry into the first cave you could have a retractable bridge.  Anything going in would have a 10z level drop into the "holding pit".  If it's a megabeast you couldn't dump it any farther since the bridge won't retract.  Not that you'd want to.  If it's a mega and survives that kinda fall, you need to keep it somehow.  Maybe a series of chambers leading off the holding pit into a room... a room holding nothing but a dog or cat tied to a pole (bait).

On the other hand, if it's goblins, they die, you take their precious goblinite, and dump the trash into the magma sea afterwards!
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

ATR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: April 06, 2011, 08:28:04 pm »

Has there been any discussion of refreshing quantities of fish/mussels, etc. that can be fished out of oceans, lakes, brooks, etc (ie. when they run out forever)? And if not with the original DF, does the genesis mod creators have any intentions of addressing it?

Also I believe this may be known but it appears that when you have a dwarf with an infection in the hospital with no soap on hand, and then later make soap, no one re-queues to then clean the dwarf. Apparently you have to trigger a cave in? Strange workaround.

Thanks!

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: April 06, 2011, 10:20:23 pm »

Apparently you have to trigger a cave in?
I'm afraid I will be of absolutely no help to you, but I would just like to throw out there that this should be the solution to all problems, ever. :P

Running out of booze?
Cave-in!

Your militia decimated by raptor dragons and now all you've got is a bunch of children and one insane craftsdwarf?
Cave-in!

You just dug into Hell?
CAVE-IN
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: April 06, 2011, 10:24:27 pm »

Has there been any discussion of refreshing quantities of fish/mussels, etc. that can be fished out of oceans, lakes, brooks, etc (ie. when they run out forever)? And if not with the original DF, does the genesis mod creators have any intentions of addressing it?

This is a flaw with the way DF models animal populations. Currently, *nothing* happens once worldgen stops, and that includes wild animal populations increasing. This isn't able to be fixed via mods alone, genesis or otherwise.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: April 06, 2011, 10:32:28 pm »

Apparently you have to trigger a cave in?
I'm afraid I will be of absolutely no help to you, but I would just like to throw out there that this should be the solution to all problems, ever. :P

Running out of booze?
Cave-in!

Your militia decimated by raptor dragons and now all you've got is a bunch of children and one insane craftsdwarf?
Cave-in!

You just dug into Hell?
CAVE-IN

FLOOD THE WORLD!  Being an acceptable alternative solution.

Edit:  Hmm, on a new embark, I paused immediately, then went and did something else.  I came back to find that either I had unpaused it, or it had never paused, and I was just in time for my first flood of migrants - I hadn't even layed down a stockpile yet.  Ouch.
Also, you know your world is low on mineral variety when your starting civ allows you to embark with the options of cobalt, copper, marble, and then 3pt basic stones.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:35:43 pm by rainekage »

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: April 06, 2011, 10:38:49 pm »

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: April 06, 2011, 10:44:15 pm »

FLOOD THE WORLD with magma
fixed

Well of course, who would want to flood the world with boring ol' water?

I'd greatly admire anyone who actually managed to flood the world in blood, or build a functional blood-cannon, but I'm not sure that's possible to do yet.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 642