Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230892 times)

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.24 ϟ] - demons are back
« Reply #6135 on: April 06, 2011, 11:53:41 am »

I've got a problem, DF has crashed twice now immediately after the Keeper caravan has arrived (I only learned this after looking at the gamelog.txt).

Don't know what's causing it, something wrong with the keepers or is it just something wrong with my world?

Anyone else had any similar situations?

Edit: I'd really appreciate some way to fix this the fort looks quite promising :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:56:03 am by Daff »
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6136 on: April 06, 2011, 12:57:01 pm »

I have had many random crashes, so I save after commanding large things (like 150 units of wall, or trading completed).
Try not having a depot when they arrive, might prevent crash. And not having a broker.
One time i constructed two depots almost the same time, and caravan came to depot1 but some/all of their items were visible in depot2 only/also.

Yeah dwarves and halberds in 1.5-2 meter wide corridors... I gave lashers a longsword instead.

Edit2: My war gorilla is biting centaurs in the head. Through their cobalt helmets.
crap embark: galena x5, native silver x2. ANd then found cobalt in caves1 which I somehow missed. No grass in caves2&3, only trees.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:17:37 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: April 06, 2011, 01:05:17 pm »

I'll give it a try.
The crash happens once the Keeper caravan enters the map, other caravans have visited and left without any issues.
Just need to save before they come, my last save is maybe 2,5 months before the caravan with lots of exploratory mining undesignated and half of my bridge / watchtower / defense system needing to be built... again :(

But yeah I'll see if deconstructing the depot or removing the broker etc will stop the crash once I can bother again... I think I'll have a beer or six first :)

Edit: And thanks for the idea :D

Edit2: I just have to say my fort thingy will be awesome if I can stop it from crashing... there's bituminous coal, magnetite and other metals. There is also a 43 tile wide river over which I am in the process of building my entrance bridge / watchtower / powerplant. Also there will be a stairway down trough the river once I manage to pump magma up to dam the river and fix floodgates and stuff. Oh and the only magma source is most likely 90 levels below the river :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:10:36 pm by Daff »
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: April 06, 2011, 01:27:14 pm »

Cheese, as any other type of food, always rots. I removed rotting from nails (what can you use those for?), teeth and scale.
The whole point of hard cheese is that is doesn't rot as quickly as milk. If both have ROTS tag, milk and cheese rot at the same rate, was that one season in DF? Are you sure that prepared meals rot in DF?
Meals rot if they aren't stockpiled, I have it happen now and again when my stockpiles are full and the kitchen starts overflowing.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: April 06, 2011, 03:21:47 pm »

Ok, two things:
1) Since when is this thread so popular? it used to increase by 1/2 a page per day but this is the 2nd time today I'd have to read multiple pages just to read it all (which I am not gonna do this time...)

2) Why are all of my pigs skilled kickers, competent dodgers and proficient observers? (and why have my yaks no skills at all...)

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: April 06, 2011, 03:23:01 pm »

Oh, so werewolves are adventurer-able! Good to know. I wonder why they're not showing up for me...?  :-\  Is it because they've gone extinct in the world I generated, or what?

Code: [Select]
Deeper is better!
I think I took this too far:-[  I made the pit roughly ~50z deep, and in so doing punched through not one but two caverns. Elk birds have tumbled into the shaft now with my miner, who had both legs broken in the fall (which was only about 3z, and I think she's Stone so has fast-healing). Fun times!
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6141 on: April 06, 2011, 03:28:58 pm »

1) Since when is this thread so popular? it used to increase by 1/2 a page per day but this is the 2nd time today I'd have to read multiple pages just to read it all (which I am not gonna do this time...)
2) Why are all of my pigs skilled kickers, competent dodgers and proficient observers? (and why have my yaks no skills at all...)
1) Because Genesis mod is the greatest mod, and Deon is adding new things to it, and he's open to suggestions.
2) I gave skills to war pigs, so they could be almost as good as war dogs. Now I gotta give some to yaks; but they don't dodge well and don't have pigs' intelligence to spot stealthers. Worst Observers: dwarves, undead, animated inorganics.

Edit: Yaks deserve [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:3][NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:1][NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:2][NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:4]
and should also appear in tundra and taiga.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:36:55 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: April 06, 2011, 03:30:23 pm »

animated inorganics
There is nothing I want more in the world right now than guard houseplants.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: April 06, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »

Ok, so it isn's a bug. They will not learn new skills right?

animated inorganics
There is nothing I want more in the world right now than guard houseplants.
but plants are not animated nor are they inorganic :P

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: April 06, 2011, 03:36:47 pm »

but plants are not animated nor are they inorganic :P
shhhh, I'm still half asleep

Slightly more on-topic, the ~50z-deep spike pit has to be redone! (Oh no!) Because I was retarded last night and in attempting to back up that region save apparently moved it wholesale to a different folder, which means that when the game froze just now... yeah, the pre-trap region folder is all that's left.

Ah, well. Now I know not to go too deep just yet!

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: April 06, 2011, 03:55:00 pm »

Oh, so werewolves are adventurer-able! Good to know. I wonder why they're not showing up for me...?  :-\  Is it because they've gone extinct in the world I generated, or what?

Code: [Select]
Deeper is better!
I think I took this too far:-[  I made the pit roughly ~50z deep, and in so doing punched through not one but two caverns. Elk birds have tumbled into the shaft now with my miner, who had both legs broken in the fall (which was only about 3z, and I think she's Stone so has fast-healing). Fun times!

I'm betting on the werewolves being dead, not that I have much experience with adventure mode (read: almost none).

I also admire your initiative with the pit trap ;D I'm building the same kind of trap on my entrance, except it will be over a river.

Still crashing every time the keeper caravan arrives, have tried with depot, without depot, and with or without a broker and without either. Next try with multiple depots I suppose.

Anyone got any ideas on what might be causing this? Dwarf fortress simply shuts down every time they enter the map :(

Edit: Gimme guardian golems please. :D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:57:42 pm by Daff »

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:25 pm »

Does it do it as soon as the keepers enter the map?  If you have a few minutes / seconds you could use Runesmith (if it is working yet) and disappear the keepers.  Then see if it is still happening.  Of course I wonder if it has anything to do with the keepers at all?  Could there be something else in your fortress that is going on at the same time the keepers arrive.  River freezing over or a dwarf punching a hole into a cavern for instance?

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: April 06, 2011, 04:34:50 pm »

I just downloaded the mod, to give it a try :)

But Im used t play with Phoebus tileset, is there an easy way for me to apply phoebus on top of the last genesis version?

regards

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: April 06, 2011, 04:39:06 pm »

About keepers arriving and crashing: It can have something to do with materials. I know I had crashes when I've added wax/honey/beekeeping to human races but it was fixed. Can you upload a save?

@Krelian: you can do it using the "raw tile selector" tool. You have to remap a lot of stuff because they use different tiles.

I will upload a new version tomorrow or a day after tomorrow, with phoebus support. Also I will release the promised patch for Ironhand dwarven sprites.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Daff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:33 pm »

The save is from roughly 10 days before the caravan will arrive. Genesis version 3.24 installed in a clean empty folder.

I don't even have time to actually see the message telling the caravan has arrived, only way I figured out it was that event crashing the game was "A keeper caravan from Syghtmust has arrived." being the last thing in the gamelog.txt

Save
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 642