Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231019 times)

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Is there any format which allows categories (like those in .chm files) so I could organize a manual? And which also allows pictures AND is not slow? :)

I'm with Tomi, Html will do menus with no problems.  Of course (I think someone else said this) the best thing to do would be to update the wiki then save a copy of that to include with the game. 

I believe if you save your web as a .MHT file it will pull in all the graphics, pages, etc into a single file that can be opened with any browser.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

I just thought I'd post this interesting map for people. It's made with Genesis [3.22] (DF 31.25).

It's really for those people that might not want to wait to make a new world, but can get a 25mb file in less time.
Just the zipped region file-> http://www.mediafire.com/?ge97pm4m3so5m7p
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sweet Map.  Thank You for sharing.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't use adobe reader then, try Sumatra PDF Portable (which I changed to this year). It's fast!
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

I use Foxit, but it looks like neither it nor Sumatra can do booklet printing? I get a lot of boardgame manuals as PDF's and using the Adobe software for booklet printing is a must (some PDF's are version specific). The biggest problem is when opening something in Foxit and then trying to print in Adobe. Formatting goes wacky for both.

F*ing Adobe.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.22a ϟ] - quickfix
« Reply #6018 on: April 03, 2011, 06:35:27 pm »

BigD: doesn't your printer driver offer choices how to print? And: Adobe's way is the correct way PDFs show up, it is their pre-rendered-postscript format.

So now that goblins come first, andare pretty badass, is it right for 50% of them to have TrapAvoid? No-one in my forts can usually fight a huge axegoblin, let alone a hammerlord (although clothes absorb still waaaaay too much blunt impact). Trap defense is a must but I would rather have 1 of 6 goblin castes trap avoid, not 2 of 4.

Todo: "lost adventurer tripe" bad meat ewww
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 06:52:36 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: April 03, 2011, 07:01:47 pm »

Hello,

not sure if this is the mod bug or the vanilla bug.

the fish list in embark shows mammal contents.  And did spot in meat list, few fishes.   :o

Todo: "lost adventurer tripe" bad meat ewww

Oh yes, I did see lost adventurer in meat list in the world I recently genne'd.

Rynait

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6020 on: April 03, 2011, 07:28:25 pm »

I believe that's a low-priority vanilla bug.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: April 03, 2011, 08:19:55 pm »

Yum! Lost adventurer long guts! Sounds great!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: April 04, 2011, 02:20:27 am »

Never seen this before but my embark came with a sexless Water Buffalo (ie. I did not choose it for points). When I bring up its status, it says "it", no gender pronouns. And there is no symbol on its name, ie. no sack (male) or Christmas tree thing (female). I am using the latest 3.22 Ironhand.
Are you sure it was not "bull" or "cow" water buffalo? I haven't seen it, you way want to report it on Mantis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: April 04, 2011, 02:55:34 am »

I'll release 3.23 soon, with some more minor fixes.

Also I'm adding bread baking and candy making. Flour/meal bags now can be baked into bread, and sugar (from sugarcane/sweet pod/crystal cane) can be made into candies.

If you want some minor cool addition, tell me now (my supervisor had to go to another university to do some work, so I spend my time modding :P).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.21 ϟ] - some fixes
« Reply #6024 on: April 04, 2011, 05:55:44 am »

*snip*
It's in the file "material_template_default.txt", find the [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE_TEMPLATE] there and remove [ROTS] from it. It should be pretty easy to fix for anyone.

A thousand thanks! Turns out I was searching for "[ROT]" instead of "[ROTS]". No wonder I didn't find anything.

Something I noticed is that Obstacle Course training doesn't seem to be working, left my three marksdwarves on Train Crossbow[R] for about two years and they're still "Not Marksdwarf". I tried "Train Dodging" and that doesn't seem to increase their skill either. The dwarves go to the Obstacle Course and perform the task normally, but their skills don't improve at all. Didn't try Train Bow or the Training Dummy tasks. Can someone else confirm this?

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: April 04, 2011, 06:02:47 am »

Apparently none of the custom reactions raises a skill anymore if there is no product determined. No product, no skill gains. Not sure if it's a bug or intended feature, but that's how the thing is in latest version of DF.

@Deon:
You might want to modify your training reactions to fix that problem. Perhaps using the reagent to produce same training weapon? That's how I solved that problem.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: April 04, 2011, 06:06:48 am »

Hmm, does it mean that even "preserve reagent" no longer works? Let me check it. It's actually sad, more work to do :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: April 04, 2011, 06:22:40 am »

Apparently no, the reaction does require at least one product to yield skill gains.

I didn't notice this problem before I read this thread, which has some nice science in it
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: April 04, 2011, 06:30:51 am »

Yep, I am replacing [PRESERVE_REAGENT] with products. Prepare to see quality changes during skill gains :P.

I will find a better solution later. Right now there are either the same products as reagents or boulders (for dodging/swimming).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: April 04, 2011, 06:36:34 am »

Deon, are goblins going to have towns? They don't even seem to show up in their unmarked land thingies.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 642