Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231040 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.21 ϟ] - some fixes
« Reply #5985 on: April 03, 2011, 02:00:24 am »

Yeah i hate how the music for the menu is so awesome but once you get to the fortress mode its gone--why cant we have all of the music all the time?
The menu music is from Ultima Online, the fortress music is from Warcraft 2. You can just change the file names of the .ogg files in /data/music/ folder to swap them or make the same song to sound in both places :).

You cannot have music in the adventure mode.

@Morwaul: Oops, yeah, I forgot that you've mentioned the magnetite. Adding. The siderite is a fine choice too.

I'm having a 'problem' where some surface plants (eg. Nightshade) do not appear to produce seeds. I can't see anything particularly different in the raws from plants that do produce seeds (comparing it to wild strawberries). Is there something preventing seed production during alcohol making or is this just a weird bug?
They have the seed settings. There should be seeds definitely. I'll check it, but I am sure it should work :). They are not different from other plants.

I'd like to confirm this. Bones first turn into "rotten horse bone" and then disappears, even in indoors refuse stockpiles. Since I only play Genesis mod I don't know if this is true for vanilla as well now or a is it a Genesis mod feature? Kinda makes getting bolts and stuff in silly glacier embarks even more difficult, bonecarvers don't work fast enough if it's a huge stack.
No, it's not vanilla. I've introduced bone rotting lately but I hoped they wouldn't rot in the stockpile. It was a test to see if those "partial skeletons" would rot instead of making the whole map to look like a graveyard. I will release an update in a moment to remove that (and add magnetite/siderite for those who make new worlds; otherwise it will be save-compatible), because it looks like not a good idea. Btw, do bone crafts rot too, or only "bones"?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: April 03, 2011, 02:12:00 am »

Wow, lightning fast response :P

I don't know about crafts, but my bone crossbows doesn't seems to be rotting. The bones themselves rot very fast, so I guess if they could rot they would have done so already. And uh, can I ask how you modded the bones to rot? Can't find where it's defined (apparently DF doesn't use the [rot] tag anymore?).

Thanks again!  :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: April 03, 2011, 02:24:48 am »

It's in the file "material_template_default.txt", find the [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE_TEMPLATE] there and remove [ROTS] from it. It should be pretty easy to fix for anyone.

Also I will still release an update, even while you know how to do it :). I hope you are okay with small incremental releases, I don't really have time to sit and mod it in huge batches, so you have to get small updates from time to time. Okay, right? :)

I've noticed how Lofn updated his Wanderer's mod (which is incorporated in genesis, with changes so that we don't have tooth swords) with improvements. He's made it that you can try to decorate any item and you will get 25% chance to get each type of decoration. I am making it so you can pick the type of decoration you want (rings, bands, spikes) and you get a 95% success chance. Because it would be sad to lose some dragon teeth such easily.

Now you can kill a demon, make his skull into a totem (was possible before), decorate it with its teeth and bone and encrust it with gems. I'll release it soon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: April 03, 2011, 02:44:22 am »

Okay, I see why did you have problems with clay in stockpiles. Tomi, where did you get NO_STONE_STOCKPILE from? :) I didn't notice it when I merged some of your raws.

Basically guys, go to inorganic_stone_soil.txt and remove all [NO_STONE_STOCKPILE].
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: April 03, 2011, 04:11:41 am »

Great, thanks very much.  The fortress is now down to two crazy dwarves and one miserable dwarf after I opened my gates to let some merchants out and a centaur ambush came in instead.  Then the keepers left via the caverns anyway ><  We can rebuild though, we have the technology!  Gimme migrants.

The bone, hoof, horn, hair rot was also pretty annoying as almost all body parts seem to give any workshops maximum clutter now so it was really slow to actually make anything with them.  This was happening on vanilla as well though so I guess Toady changed something?  It was happening with normal animals like cows and sheep, it's fair enough happening with something massive like a FB or megabeast.

Also another bone thing, bone greaves are now asking for 3 bones but this actually seems to mean 3 stacks of bones.  I'm assuming they only use 1 from each stack but I didn't have time to check before I noticed the error messages then got overrun.  Helms and gauntlets just need one bone I think.  I know you mentioned above you'd changed some of the metal bar needs for armour but this just seems a bit of a bug due to the way bones are in stacks rather than single bones, so even though you have a stack containing 20 bones they won't make greaves as you only have one stack.

If I'd had a couple more cow bone greaves I could totally have beaten those ambushes!!! :P

I think the bone rot thing is also causing corpses to disappear, most of the bodies of my dead dwarves have disappeared leaving nothing behind apart from a tooth here and there!  Less hauling when/if I get some migrants I guess.  Coffins that I am fairly sure had bodies in them are also now empty.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:29:20 am by Torgan »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: April 03, 2011, 04:35:49 am »

I am removing the bone rot, okay. Also I didn't change the material sizes yet, so those "three stacks of bones" come from vanilla.

I am wasting my whole time on starting a manual now. Right now I am writing a plant section. You can imagine how long does it take :P. But at the same time I tweak plants again... Also I am adding bread baking and halva making (sesame, peanut and sunflower halva). More sweet stuff :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: April 03, 2011, 07:27:22 am »

Genesis 3.22
 (Breaks saves)
- early help file (genesis manual.chm)
- tweaks to castes (ice dwarves removed, skill tweaks for castes, check the help file)
- wild strawberry -> strawberry, klamath -> coneflower
- multiple tweaks to plant values and their products
- re-added magnetite, added siderite (iron ores)
- decorations for adventure mode (you can decorate items with bones/hooves/teeth/gems)

P.S. Sorry, DFFD is a bitch and is not loading, so I am using Mediafire :).
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b9fa13vjex34eek

Please tell me what do you think of the current manual format ("Genesis manual.chm").

Also expect a new update later, with bread/sweets and some new reactions as well. Please test it if you can, I need feedback and bug finding because I cannot mod, play and do my job here at the same time :). However don't start fortresses you want to keep for a long period of time because I will make a few more updates soon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

will you be uploading a version to phobues as well

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5993 on: April 03, 2011, 08:53:50 am »

Okay, I see why did you have problems with clay in stockpiles. Tomi, where did you get NO_STONE_STOCKPILE from? :) I didn't notice it when I merged some of your raws.
It was recommended to me in a vanilla DF thread. Then toady put out some more versions!

Yeah my refuse piles was looking rather empty also.

Please no .chm (compiled html windowshelpfile) files, use PDF or RTF or plaintext. And I put some tips into the wiki this week.

Merging changes... I dislike the high plant jam prices, 10-15, why does value become five-fold when you smush plants into a barrel.
added [EDIBLE_COOKED] to dragonfruit
would be nice to have lower preparedmeal values so can't trade 15 fine meals (3000€) into 3 red steel boots (3x600)
remove "wild" from strawberry seeds also, we Finns love our strawberries (big farmed ones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_strawberry and tiny wild ones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragaria_vesca)
dandelion being Very Common, its dye should be the cheapest. Also by same logic, margarine common->cheap.
ok looks like cave chili will make the most expensive meals, as pepper and hot sauce.
should we add more cookable tags to boozes?
What, female obsidian still had firebreath! No wonder my caverns burned!!
cave potatoes are great, so freq down from 100 to 20. You don't want the best things to be the commonest.

Proposal: since soldier training is Damn Slow, lets put a little +30% boost to armorwear,shield,axe,dagger,student with SKILL_LEARN_RATE 155%  tags, for all castes. The FPS decay (from item count and possibly torn-clothes-replacing) prevents the military solution of "just wall off the world and let them train for 4-6 years". Three weapontraps are usually more powerful than 10 adequate-skill militia.

Other proposal: "recycle silk" reaction, in goes 5 silk items, out comes one cheap "spider silk cloth". It's like "burn clothes into ash" but better! Also same reaction for fiber clothes.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:38:57 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seconded on the no .chm.  PDF or RTF are the choice picks here.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is there any way to make an animal eat rock so i can make some sort of pasture inside my fort with out having to find an area of grass for them

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

Thirded on never using chms.  They're just an html file you can't use on linux without a bit of trouble.  I say use straight html.  Hyperlinks, pictures... it's all included (and guaranteed to work cross-platform).

Also: I noticed that serpentfolk are "pulling a kobold" and dying at year 4.  Try adding [OUTDOOR_FARMING] to their entity file.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This update comes most welcomely.
"your strenght has been broken"
Combined assault of werewolves and goblinoids, first winter.

I love your work on this, keep up the good... work.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Aww sweet! Demons are goblins now!

Also, do gobbos have towns yet?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:48:53 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

The gobbotown issue is Toadys.  If you change the [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE] for the gobbos to CITY instead of DARK_FORTRESS, they will have human-style towns... which is the only style of town currently working in-game
I like fortresses because they are still underground.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 642