Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231116 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.2 ϟ] - Ironhand graphics, 0.31.25
« Reply #5955 on: April 02, 2011, 05:53:12 am »

One problem with the Hunter process: Where do you get the chlorine gas?

Also, minor typo, that should be "700-800 C"... not 700800
There is 700-800. Probably your browser failed to display this sign (–)<-sign is between ( and )

chlorine gas? Alchemy! I prefer fictional/changed/not-so-realistic production methods than heaps of Adjective Metals.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: April 02, 2011, 09:48:14 am »

Gold -> sun gold.
Silver -> moon silver.
Aluminum -> mithril.
Bronze -> celestial bronze.
Steel -> omg a lot of steelz, enough :P.

Deon, you do not have to over complicate it by finding pre used mythical metal names.  As I see it a world that has had magic would have numerous different minerals than we have on Earth as the magic changes the things it touches for to long.  Anyway, either make your own names, pick words/names from books or whatever that you thing sound mineralish, or just add descriptive words to what it already there.

For Instance

Gorsite, Herculite, Skaventine, Vrath, Scrite, Vordsteel, Deonium, Tomitine,

Cuendillar, Corene, Ciel, Callandor, Draghkar, Garrett, Dresden,

Gold -> sun gold, Hardened Gold, Fire Gold, Dragon Gold, Serried Gold, Life Gold, Gold Adamant
Bronze -> celestial bronze, Rigid Bronze, Dark Bronze, Red / Black / Blue Bronze, Bronze 2340,

Loads of names: http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

Also, although it would make sense, please do not use steel or iron in the new high end metals unless it is for something special.  Adamantium in the mix would be fine but remember that it is extremely rare so I would only use it for super high end materials (much better than red steel but not as good as Adamantium)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: April 02, 2011, 10:21:17 am »

Adamantium is actually not that rare. It's on every 4x4 embark, and you can even strike two spires at once :P. That's the only metal I am sure I get whenever I embark.

By the way, I've noticed that poor goats and mammoths do not regrow their wool after they are sheared. I've fixed it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: April 02, 2011, 10:24:03 am »

Adamantium is actually not that rare. It's on every 4x4 embark, and you can even strike two spires at once :P. That's the only metal I am sure I get whenever I embark.

By the way, I've noticed that poor goats and mammoths do not regrow their wool after they are sheared. I've fixed it :).
Have you fixed the glitch where deer bulls have over 7 bodies with duplicate limbs?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: April 02, 2011, 10:26:15 am »

I didn't have that glitch in the first place :).

P.S> OMG! WTF! Seriously.......

Deers have the body defined twice. Man, I wonder how did it escape it. I will reupload a fixed version soon (with wool fixed), it won't require a world regen (unless you have alive deer on the map, then kill them first).

P.P.S. The easy fix is to remove the line #267 from the creature_large_temperate.txt if you don't want to redownload.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:29:00 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: April 02, 2011, 10:31:14 am »

Okay I'm getting some strange errors.

Of course, as I've stated (but who pays attention to little ol' me), that I heavily mod everything.  I generally do a good job but in this case something is weird.

I modded in the new changes from the file.  The old version was working fine.  But now my errorlog.txt looks something like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I updated every file that mentioned genitalia.  And in the tissue definition, there is definitely a [RELATIVE_THICKNESS]... what is the deal here?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: April 02, 2011, 10:34:08 am »

Did you forget to copy the new material and tissue definitions in the raws? As well as to put them in body detail plans?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: April 02, 2011, 10:40:28 am »

Ahem.... nothing to see here... move along now...

Thanks Deon
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:52:02 am by Jeoshua »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.21 ϟ] - some fixes
« Reply #5963 on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:52 am »

3.21:

- Fixed abodeernations.
- mammoth/goat wool now regrows back
- new sprites for snakemen (with differentiated soldiers)

If you already have a world, just copy the "raw" folder in your "save/region#/" folder and replace the files there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: April 02, 2011, 11:11:45 am »

I'd like to say, although I don't use ALL of this mod (Illithids... uuuhg), there are certain things in this mod I couldn't live without.  Like:

Nords - Glaciers suck, someone has to live there besides gobbos.
Ezrakim - Makes the deserts feel very exotic.
Serpentmen - Swamps have never been so scaly.

And the Ironworks.  Do I need to explain why I love the ironworks?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: April 02, 2011, 11:19:01 am »

Yeah, I can see why you dislike illithids, but I like killing them :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: April 02, 2011, 01:12:57 pm »

Couple of small bugs again for me. 

It doesn't seem possible to stockpile clay, there is an option for clay but it's not possible to enable it and there's no different types of clay under it.  This sort of kills my plan for a magma powered clay industry if the potter keeps needing to climb 100 z-levels to collect the clay.  The metal ores list doesn't seem to have as many types as before, I guess as they were removed for the change to just iron, copper ore etc but maybe some have been missed on the rework.   Magnetite isn't there but no big deal as I've only found a vein of platinum so far. :<

I'm getting messages saying bugbats in the caverns are having pup(s).  I don't have any tame ones so not sure why that's happening, I can't even see them on my unit list at the moment but I guess they are in an unexplored area.  I've also got some wild populations of cows, not sure if this is a bug or not, I've just never seen wild populations of the regular domesticated animals.

The caravan brought a cave fish skin chest, I guess this might be something that Tomi was saying above where he didn't think fish skin should count as leather but maybe that wasn't changed.  Just seems a sort of weird item, but it's hardly game breaking.  Had a couple of world gen crashes as well but I don't seem to have an error log to suggest anything, worked on attempt three though.  And first fortress where I've actually managed to breach an aquifer successfully \o/  Of course I was mining about 10 squares to the east of where I'd engineered my cave in and discovered an area that wasn't part of the aquifer but ah well. :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:15:14 pm by Torgan »

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #5967 on: April 02, 2011, 01:21:43 pm »

I think I did something wrong... D:

I noticed 2 actions that are "reded out" (like greyed out, but in red... yeah poorly said :S)

The Kitchen;

Render Fat (r)

if I press 'r', I get to a screen that says;

REGEANTS        PRODUCTS

Unrotten FAT RENDER_MAT-producing glob RENDER_MAT Glob

Takes place at Kitchen
I can only press 'ESC' to leave.

Is this maybe just a plain DF bug? Or did I do something wrong? We are just supposed to download the version provided in the link without copying it on top of vanilla latest DF version... Right?

Wow, i'm ashamed, it's been that long... :(

What did I do wrong?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:23:23 pm by Vhorthex »
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: April 02, 2011, 01:31:28 pm »

That's just vanilla DF that does that now, it means you don't have the necessary items to do the job, in this case fat from a butchered animal.  The job is set up to be done automatically in the workshop orders (o->W) so if you have just butchered something then your cook has maybe already done the job.  Check under globs in your stock screen.

So you know how bones now rot - it seems they are disappearing from my refuse pile before I use them.  Is this intended?  I had a bunch rot in my butcher's shop after I killed my embark animals but thought that was fair enough as I hadn't made a refuse stockpile for them.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #5969 on: April 02, 2011, 01:41:17 pm »

Oh great! so when I'll have fat, it'll work

Sweet!

Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 642