Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231164 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.2 ϟ] - Ironhand graphics, 0.31.25
« Reply #5910 on: April 01, 2011, 09:33:58 am »

I've got an idea for dogs: I could make their castes with specific skills (swordsman for bulldog, bowman for spaniel etc.) and make profession graphics for them (and change skill names according to castes, so "swordsman dog" would be "bulldog dog").
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: April 01, 2011, 09:38:43 am »

I've got an idea for dogs: I could make their castes with specific skills (swordsman for bulldog, bowman for spaniel etc.) and make profession graphics for them (and change skill names according to castes, so "swordsman dog" would be "bulldog dog").

Bulldog dog... Heh...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: April 01, 2011, 10:05:00 am »

Hehehe guys, sorry for the april joke. Now, back to updating it to 0.31.25.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: April 01, 2011, 10:40:01 am »

I was gonna say, dog castes would make it very hard to breed a specific dog.  Imagine having two spaniels pop out a mastif.

Poor momma doggy.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: April 01, 2011, 10:42:11 am »

I was gonna say, dog castes would make it very hard to breed a specific dog.  Imagine having two spaniels pop out a mastif.

Poor momma doggy.

*Twitches.*

I'm gonna go scrub my brain with some steal wool now... after soaking it in Brain Bleach...

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: April 01, 2011, 11:51:33 am »

Anyone got a good world gen profile?

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: April 01, 2011, 11:53:16 am »

An idea, probably not original.  Since we are having so much trouble finding decent resources why not add some more types of metals / alloys / crystals, erc. that are not based off of iron or bronze.  As I see it the problem right now is that all the good weapons are Steel of one flavor or another.   Why not make some materials that are just as good or even better than steel and have nothing to do with Iron?   Here are some ideas.

1.  Probably easy but lame - Make more minerals that can be used to make iron.
2.  Cooler but probably more difficult - Reproduce the Iron to Steel process but use another fairly common base material instead of Iron.  Use increasingly rare other resources to combine it until it is somewhere close to Red Steel.  It could have different properties, however, so it isn't totally redundant.
3.  Really Cool but probably really hard - Create some Magic / Fantasy / Steampunk based materials that use a combination of minerals, gems, woods, animal products, etc. along with alchemy and different forging techniques to make some really unique and different materials.  For instance:
   * Mithril, Dureum, Dwarfeum, Unobtanium, Flubber, whatever.
   * Gem items such as a Crystal axe or Diamond Helm.  Use a gem base material such as actual gems, glass, quartzite and obsidian and change it with Alchemy or add materials to it combined with magma or something until it is a material suitable for high end weapons and armor.
   * Blood / Chaos Items - Create a spiffy item using one of the above methods then take it to the War Altar with a unit of something’s blood and it gives you that Item highly enhanced as a Blood or Chaos Item.  The amount of the enhancement could be based on the type / rarity of the blood.  Cat blood vs Giant or Dragon blood for instance. 
   * Gadget based items - Once again make a spiffy item then take it to the Mechanic who turns your Ruby Sword into a Ruby Chain sword of doom.

Not really sure if any of this is even possible but it would be neat to see even more variety in the Game.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: April 01, 2011, 12:26:24 pm »

@Deon,
Can't you just replace the name 'dog' with a breed that is like the default dog (whatever that is).
Other thing: All stone items are called rock items at the manager screen and the workshops, but your beds are called stone beds. Could you change them to rock? Would feel a bit more (DF) natural.
(same for dismantling stone items)

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: April 01, 2011, 12:33:59 pm »

Hunh, Never noticed that.  I think I like the word Stone more than the word Rock.  How about changing all the rock references to stone?   :P

edit - spelling, one day I'll learn to type, or I'll die, yeah, that will probably happen first....
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:13:19 pm by Morwaul »

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: April 01, 2011, 12:43:02 pm »

How do you get rid of aquifers from being formed during world generation?

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: April 01, 2011, 01:02:25 pm »

How do you get rid of aquifers from being formed during world generation?
go through all the RAW files for stone and soil and take away [AQUIFER]

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: April 01, 2011, 01:42:03 pm »

@Morwaul: I don't think you can do that? Aren't most of the reaction hard coded or something like that?

@Deon: What workshop can 'craft stone beds'? The mason and the craft workshop doesn't seem to have the reaction nor does my manager appoint them to do it.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: April 01, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »

Iirc, Stone beds are made at the furniture workshop and require some amount of cloth, good to see another release Deon & Tomi, grand work your both doing there. :D
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5923 on: April 01, 2011, 03:08:52 pm »

Yay an April Fools release where the keepers and elves are the evil and goblins are your pals!

Are you going to replace the dog with a specific breed? It's kinda weird to have spaniels, bulldogs and ''normal'' dogs.
Today on the train I pondered about a shearable (wool-producing) dog breed, maybe collie or setter. ( http://www.dogwool.fr/breeds-for-the-wool-409-409.php ) IRL Tibetan Mastiff (among dozens of breeds) has enough hair.

I was gonna say, dog castes would make it very hard to breed a specific dog.  Imagine having two spaniels pop out a mastiff.
Yep, pondered about that when adding the 3 breeds. You need that initial money investment to get mastiffs. And the idea for Spaniel was to have a fox-sized dog.

* Gem items such as a Crystal axe or Diamond Helm.  Use a gem base material such as actual gems, glass, quartzite and obsidian and change it with Alchemy or add materials to it combined with magma
I'd like a bone-reinforced leather armor set, require lots of bones and an existing leather item. For the hardcore dorf -- rock/goodclay plates on top of leather like we have ceramic anti-ballistic plates in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagged_Alliance_2
Or even metal-reinforced leather, requiring much less metal than regular chainmail. Would that be a new composite metal, iron-mounted-on-leather?

Ok managed to catch up on my photo gallery posting http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomitapio/5579874355/ and Genesis thread, time to try & adjust the latest Genesis! Probably tone down cobalt and gold amount.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:12:18 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: April 01, 2011, 03:14:50 pm »

Aw, no ASCII.

I guess I'll wait. Good thing I've kinda played DF so much that I don't want to play it a whole lot anymore.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 642