Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231714 times)

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5745 on: March 23, 2011, 09:31:48 am »

A lasher sword....like the urumi?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi

A couple of other weapons could work with the lasher skill, like the flail or these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_hammer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_whip

They should have a large enough surface area to avoid some of the whip's lightsaber characteristics.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: March 23, 2011, 11:10:11 am »

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: March 23, 2011, 03:45:02 pm »

to make a dozen-story tall dwarven mech.
Dwarf Fortress: Robot in disguise.

Transformers? In my fortress?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: March 23, 2011, 05:18:22 pm »

to make a dozen-story tall dwarven mech.
Dwarf Fortress: Robot in disguise.

Transformers? In my fortress?

No, they are your fortress.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: March 23, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »

Bonus points if the moving parts are in the shape of a dwarven head whose mouth opens via lever, swallowing the soon-to-be-doomed elven traders.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: March 23, 2011, 05:31:25 pm »

What, dwarves eating elves?  You don't seem to have a good grasp on how the dwarven digestive system works.  It would be vomiting magma.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: March 23, 2011, 05:38:02 pm »

I thought it would be a good turn-around-is-fair-play situation, but you're right... magma is far dwarfier.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: March 23, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »

For that matter, it wouldn't come out of the mouth...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: March 23, 2011, 05:46:42 pm »

Actually, the big, bad, elf-eating, magma-vomiting dwarf statue doesn't seem so bad. Just insert one elf for a nice !!hot!! magma bath.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: March 23, 2011, 08:00:45 pm »

Alright so heres my idea--dwarven defense golems. Normal statues but when imbued with a special stone they become hostile creatures at the pull of a lever. Is it possible to do this? Technically since eggs hatch couldent you turn something into eggs with a reaction then have them hatch into whatever you wanted?

I can just imagine a greeting hall lined with dwarven statues then watching as a siege pours into the room having killed the last of your troops, the surviving dwarves huddled behind the last door stare at the jeweled lever knowing what horror it unleashes. A wounded solider limps over to the lever with hollow eyes then pulls with all his might as the sound of the siege outside turns from victory shouts to screams eventually ceasing all together with only the dull sounds of metal and stone striking the floor as the dwarves begin to go about their usual work.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: March 23, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »

Short answer: no.

Long answer: If this were possible, you would have heard about it by now.

Really long answer: It's technically possible to create an egg via a reaction, but all you can do is eat it or use it for another reaction.  You cannot place the egg into a nest box, and therefore you cannot hatch the egg.  The creation of life is still something that eludes us.  Furthermore, lever-activated creatures is so far outside the raws it's not even funny.  Maybe, when we get moving fortress parts (eventually) Toady will add artificial creatures, but until it gets worked in, it's very impossible.

rynait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: March 23, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »

Hello,

Golly... err  golem watching the halls.  defintely would be something that a short lived victor remembers. By next siege they at least will be scared or wary on entering the hall.  [1 eyed battlescarred gobbo "hey I remember those ... no no .. not  going in there...  (screaming) SQUAD RETREAT!!!!!"]

Anyhow like Girlinhat indicated,  no one did a shit some thing about that concept.

Hey is this like restrained watch dogs?

Rynait

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: March 23, 2011, 11:02:58 pm »

Damn my dream of murder statues once again gos unfulfilled! It would be awesome to be able to produce something that can fight on demand as a backup to your army. Its so hard to get an efficient murder room settup that actually looks decent.

Would it be possible to make a lever activated lethal gas cloud? goblin showers

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: March 23, 2011, 11:28:34 pm »

No, I don't think so. There's always the classic/overused drowning/magma chamber, though.
Or, if you can cage an FB with deadly dust, I guess you could throw it in, but that wouldn't really be a gas shower so much as HOLY SH*T A HUGE WORM THINGY WAIT WHAT'S THAT PURPLE DUST CLOUD OH GOD MY LUNGS
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: March 23, 2011, 11:35:58 pm »

Yeah but its so hard to plan a proper chamber that doesnt just completely destroy your fortresses layout. I was toying with a giant hole filled with bridges with water/magma/3rd cavern at the bottom and have the road down constantly go across the bridges with a single lever tell all bridges to retract. I never managed to finish it but i was worrying about building destroyers hitting the bridges and scare loops.

Theres also the problem with recovering everything and disposing of the dead.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 642