Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228868 times)

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5640 on: March 16, 2011, 06:30:59 pm »

Hmm, I seem to be having a problem with my 'tanned scale' reaction.

Every time I tan a scaly hide, it gives me a 'fatty' rather than a treated scale hide. This 'fatty' is the same symbol as other leathers, but it's yellow. I can still make armor and such out of it, but I don't know why it's being called a 'fatty' and is yellow. This is very weird.

Here's the SCALE_TEMPLATE and TANNED_SCALE_TEMPLATE I have in the material raws
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did I do something wrong?
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: March 16, 2011, 07:23:09 pm »

Just tried to re-download the game. Still giving me the same error. Dangit, how am I suppose to go on a genocide if everyone can just hide inside the shopping areas?

Zombies don't really seem to have any difficulties.

Yeah, but real life doesn't crash when zombies try to go anywhere near the shop. Anyways, since it happens when I try to enter an area with a shop, I bet it's because of some buggy item up for sale. Is there some item that's made only by the Keepers and not by Ezrakim or Orcs (dunno about the other races).

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: March 16, 2011, 07:26:09 pm »

I've updated the spotter's guide to match genesis v3.19a4 (the current version).

The spotter's guide uses a workaround to give the different illithid castes unique graphics in when in graphics mode.

EDIT: Darn, forgot a file in the patch.  One moment.

EDIT2x:  Ok, added the missing file.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:29:04 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5643 on: March 16, 2011, 09:34:50 pm »

Every time I tan a scaly hide, it gives me a 'fatty' rather than a treated scale hide. This 'fatty' is the same symbol as other leathers, but it's yellow. I can still make armor and such out of it, but I don't know why it's being called a 'fatty' and is yellow. This is very weird.

Hmm... it has LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT, so... your new materials must be announced for each creature that has/should_have them.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS] has
  [ADD_MATERIAL:CHITIN:CHITIN_TEMPLATE] and
  [ADD_MATERIAL:TANNED_CHITIN:TANNED_CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
so I recommend you try a [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:myscale_MATERIALS] with similar scale material declarations. And in the creature, command [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:myscale_MATERIALS] and no other body detail plan.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:36:32 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #5644 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:55 pm »

...so I recommend you try a [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:myscale_MATERIALS] with similar scale material declarations. And in the creature, command [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:myscale_MATERIALS] and no other body detail plan.

So that means I would have to go and alter every scaly creature entry in all the raws and add that? Jeez... And here I thought simply adding that to the scale template would suffice.

EDIT

Got it to work. Just copied the standard material and tissue plans, replaced skin with scale, took off hair, and replaced leather with the tanned scale.

I had to go and replace the body detail plans on almost every reptile and fish, but I got it to work. The treated scales are brownish tan instead of gray, however. I'm not sure why that is.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:46:49 pm by KarolineDianne »
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: March 17, 2011, 12:08:47 am »

Thank you very much, TomiTapio, you are a savior :P. I only take breaks to read forums a bit for now, no time to play or watch let's plays :(. See you soon :).

I had to go and replace the body detail plans on almost every reptile and fish, but I got it to work. The treated scales are brownish tan instead of gray, however. I'm not sure why that is.
You could just add treated scales material to the standard scale definition and it would work. Btw, I should do it too, thanks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: March 17, 2011, 04:15:06 am »

I've went in and edited Deep Ones a bit to make them more interesting with all the new tags and stuff. I wanted to add NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER and SPOUSE_CONVERTER to them. Since Deep Ones have a habit of stealing females and breeding with them. But since I don't see any other creatures with those tags I'm not sure how they work! So I left it alone. Added some lair stuff. Some natural skills. Some habits. And fixed the caverns they show up in so they -will- appear. Without further adieu, I give you updated Deep Ones.

If you see any problems point them out! Still very amateur at this stuff. Also had a question. Isn't there a way to make it so that they get even bigger the older they get? Since Deep Ones are effectively immortal unless they're killed. They just keep getting stronger and stronger. So a deep one who's survived from year 1 to year 1000 could probably cave in a dragon's skull :p

Edit - Also if anyone can think of more modifiers then generic 'grey skin' and 'black eyes' then they'll go in! Slimey scaley skin. Giant muscles. Scrawny body. Anything!

Theres also a couple things that I'd like to see changed but I'm not sure what to do. Like adding clawed hands to them. And scaly skin. If I throw DAMBLOCK:1 in there it gives them low-level natural armor right?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:43:48 pm by Zargen »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: March 17, 2011, 10:25:14 am »

I've went in and edited Deep Ones a bit to make them more interesting with all the new tags and stuff. I wanted to add NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER and SPOUSE_CONVERTER to them. Since Deep Ones

Theres also a couple things that I'd like to see changed but I'm not sure what to do. Like adding clawed hands to them. And scaly skin. If I throw DAMBLOCK:1 in there it gives them low-level natural armor right?
DAMBLOCK is obsolete, as is creature hitpoints. Choose from the following: (I have this handy in my temp-text files)
I think birds should dodge well and crocodiles bite and wrestle well (which is in already).
Edit: and centaur kicks should be deadly aimed, and werewolves wrestle the best.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:31:28 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: March 17, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »

Centaurs are already pretty hardcore. You can whack them in the head with iron weapons for eternity (unless they have high quality).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: March 17, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »

Centaurs are already pretty hardcore. You can whack them in the head with iron weapons for eternity (unless they have high quality).

yeah, they're the only thing that can stand toe-toe with my half-dragons. several hundred years of slaughter...very fun to look at!

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: March 17, 2011, 03:47:52 pm »

Tomi, I haven't looked into this in too much detail, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure that NATURAL_SKILL requires CAN_LEARN to work.  If you take control of an animal with natural skills in the arena, those skills aren't listed on your details screen where skills are normally listed.

Natural skills seem to be modified by the creatures skill learn rates, a creature with skill rates set to 500 (5x normal) and given a natural_skill at 4 (should be "skilled" in the skill) instead becomes a "master" of the skill.

I did some testing just now, and this seems to work (modified from the dog entry):

Code: [Select]
[CAN_LEARN]
[SKILL_RATES:0:1:1:1]
[SKILL_RATE:BITE:100:1:1:1]
[SKILL_RATE:DODGING:100:1:1:1]
[SKILL_RATE:STANCE_STRIKE:100:1:1:1]

[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:5]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:5]
[NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:5]
The skill rate token also seems to require the CAN_LEARN token.  Therefore, that code uses CAN_LEARN to enable skills for the creature, SKILL_RATES to globally lower learn rates back down to 0, and then the SKILL_RATE tokens to individually raise the learning rates of the desired skills back up to the final value.  I have fast decay and rust rates set at maximum so that creatures can't become too skilled.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: March 17, 2011, 03:51:16 pm »

I edited the RAW for Deep Ones again in an attempt to add scales and claws to them as you can see. However when looking at them in the arena it still references skin and doesn't note anywhere about claws. What did I mess up there?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: March 18, 2011, 09:29:43 am »

Tomi, I haven't looked into this in too much detail, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure that NATURAL_SKILL requires CAN_LEARN to work.  If you take control of an animal with natural skills in the arena, those skills aren't listed on your details screen where skills are normally listed.

Natural skills seem to be modified by the creatures skill learn rates, a creature with skill rates set to 500 (5x normal) and given a natural_skill at 4 (should be "skilled" in the skill) instead becomes a "master" of the skill.
Hmm interesting. Please add your findings to the wiki.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: March 18, 2011, 04:35:39 pm »

I really enjoyed the Genesis Mod v19a4, and have been waiting for quite a while on it to be updated to 0.31.21; but it seems that is unlikely at best.  I would like to know if the Genesis Mod will get an update to 31.22 when it is releases.  Just let me know, kay?  ;D
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: March 18, 2011, 05:12:25 pm »

I really enjoyed the Genesis Mod v19a4, and have been waiting for quite a while on it to be updated to 0.31.21; but it seems that is unlikely at best.  I would like to know if the Genesis Mod will get an update to 31.22 when it is releases.  Just let me know, kay?  ;D

Deon sed hes doing his diploma so its unlikely
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 642