Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228820 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5610 on: March 14, 2011, 02:23:33 am »

Same thing with the "Human Fortress"  game table.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: March 14, 2011, 02:24:31 am »

Built a Gateball Field recently.  It doesn't do anything.  Broken?
déco

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5612 on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:48 am »

2)  Open body_illithid.txt, go to the [BODY:E_FOUR_TENTACLES] entry, and change the [LIMB] tags to [GRASP] tags.

I would put the GRASP tag in addition to the limb tag.

Yeah many "workshops" are mostly decorative, especially the potted plant and display case.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: March 14, 2011, 03:43:30 pm »

Yeah many "workshops" are mostly decorative, especially the potted plant and display case.

the display case surely has a great usage of concealing exhibiting artifacts!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: March 14, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »

Yeah I've already used the display case to put the useless artifacts that moody dwarves create on display... in their rooms... since they're the only ones that seem to like them.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: March 14, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »

I usually just put my artifacts in noble rooms magma traps noble rooms which are also magma traps.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: March 14, 2011, 05:25:20 pm »

Hmm I wonder if Deon even needs to make a proper release for this version, from what Toady has posted on the front page we're already halfway to the next version.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: March 14, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »

Hmm I wonder if Deon even needs to make a proper release for this version, from what Toady has posted on the front page we're already halfway to the next version.

Don't say that! He'll keep putting it off...

"Well, there's going to be a new version in about a week soooooooo"

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: March 14, 2011, 09:08:37 pm »

As much as I'd love to give the next release a try, I realize that Deon has been on point for 95% of the releases he's had an update out within 12-24 hours.  That's huge.  Man wants to play something else for a week, let him play.  He's more'n earned it.  Course, I wouldn't say no to the next release coming out either real soon.  Hehe
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: March 15, 2011, 12:58:13 am »

Don't say that! He'll keep putting it off...

"Well, there's going to be a new version in about a week soooooooo"

Well on the other hand if he were to put the new version out now then there would possibly be fewer bugs than if he waited till the next version to post a new release as they would be pointed out sooner. Twas just saying considering. I'm waiting till .22 honestly since I really like the new bugfixes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:18 am »

I'd rather have vanilla .22 than genesis .21. Becasue no matter how awesome genesis is, DF is more awesome :P

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: March 15, 2011, 09:06:25 am »

quick question

I am playing on 3.12

I load up the game fine, and I go to create a new world. it brings up the usual disclaimer screen, but then it says press "?" to continue. I press it, then it brings up the help menu or whatever. I can't press esc to get out of it, and I'm stuck. I close df, and open it again. this time when it says press ? to continue, I try pressing the usual keys, esc and enter, but again, I cant get past the disclaimer screen. help?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5622 on: March 15, 2011, 10:02:00 am »

I am playing on 3.12

I load up the game fine, and I go to create a new world. it brings up the usual disclaimer screen, but then it says press "?" to continue. I press it, then it brings up the help menu or whatever. I can't press esc to get out of it, and I'm stuck. I close df, and open it again. this time when it says press ? to continue, I try pressing the usual keys, esc and enter, but again, I cant get past the disclaimer screen. help?
Hmm.. I've had some escape key problems, due to ATI Radeon Catalyst helper software plus a graphics editor -- together they hog the esc key. Also, I can't remember how buggy .21 was.

My current fort has only zinc and tin 8´(
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: March 15, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

Out of pure wonder , did some dwarf made a statue while in a mood that represented a cut phallus?(or a engraving)
Btw when the mod gets updated  :o
Desu

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: March 15, 2011, 03:55:36 pm »

Out of pure wonder , did some dwarf made a statue while in a mood that represented a cut phallus?(or a engraving)

it might appear in the case of "The artwork relates to the smashing of the goblin Atu Badluck's phallus by the dwarf Urist McSadist the Crossrace Fetishist in 1001"
i cannot think of any other occasion other than such terrible coincidence.
actually it'd be really bad if dwarves could depict body parts other than in such way.... well, a statue of a left dragon lung might be cool.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 642