Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228576 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5535 on: March 06, 2011, 06:09:46 pm »

Maybe you could... Make dwarfs lay crossbow ballista bolts!  :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:23:44 pm by EveryZig »
Soaplent green is goblins!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: March 06, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »

Yeah, I need to go to sleep now, but I will release it in the morning.

Also there are some new raw tokens, so I will play with them too.

broke up VERMINHUNTER
         AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE
         RETURNS_VERMIN_KILLS_TO_OWNER
         HUNTS_VERMIN
         ADOPTS_OWNER
Yay. Expect a lot of new pets. Especially with working unusual eggs :).

Pets that threat their own egg offspring as vermin? Cat problem solved!

"Here's my kitten. Aren't you proud of me?"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:19:54 pm by BigD145 »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: March 06, 2011, 07:49:07 pm »

broke up VERMINHUNTER
         AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE
         HUNTS_VERMIN
         ADOPTS_OWNER

Oh fuck

Oh Fuck

OH FUCK YES

Does this solve all cat problems forever and ever?

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: March 06, 2011, 08:18:27 pm »

broke up VERMINHUNTER
         AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE
         HUNTS_VERMIN
         ADOPTS_OWNER

Well, I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning...  :D

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:17 am »

You will make forgoten beast's lay eggs and be able to be adopted and tamed?
Desu

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: March 07, 2011, 03:24:49 am »

Has the Genesis mod modded out silver hammers? If so I might need to mod them back in in my version.
Pretty sure it has, I've never been able to make them.  There is/was so much metal I never found it a big deal though.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: March 07, 2011, 03:46:01 am »

Has the Genesis mod modded out silver hammers? If so I might need to mod them back in in my version.
Pretty sure it has, I've never been able to make them.  There is/was so much metal I never found it a big deal though.

'cuz under genesis's classification, silver is precious metal, not warfare metal

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: March 07, 2011, 03:54:57 am »

'cuz under genesis's classification, silver is precious metal, not warfare metal

under my classification, any material is a warfare metal...even non-metals...

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: March 07, 2011, 04:55:13 am »

question Deon...how exactly do YOU go about adding a custom Civ/Race/Creature to the game? I wanna add a new Race to play with in fortress mode, but I can't seem to find a template to input my data into...

(that was a little murky...) Basically I want a Half-Dragon Civ to play as.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Straight from DND basically. any pointers?

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: March 07, 2011, 05:53:30 am »

There are no templates unless you count the raws themselves. I'm not Deon but here's some tips:
1. Copy the human entry in the creature_standard.txt and change it's code name (top), name and caste name. Congratulations, flavour molding at it's simplest.
2. Go through the bodypart raws and add the parts you want to your BODY token's arguments. This defines what bits they have to be cut off.
3. Overwrite the human tissue definitions with the tissue definition from a reptile creature, i.e. giant cave crocodile. This gives them scales and no hair.
4. Add any special creature tokens you want i.e. FIREBREATH and/or FLIER. This will give them special abilities.

That's just a quick mod mind you. The razor teeth/claws, immunities, varied breath attacks and determining the mass/hight in 'dorf's is going to take a little extra effort.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:56:55 am by NobodyPro »

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: March 07, 2011, 06:07:31 am »

There are no templates unless you count the raws themselves. I'm not Deon but here's some tips:
1. Copy the human entry in the creature_standard.txt and change it's code name (top), name and caste name. Congratulations, flavour molding at it's simplest.
2. Go through the bodypart raws and add the parts you want to your BODY token's arguments. This defines what bits they have to be cut off.
3. Overwrite the human tissue definitions with the tissue definition from a reptile creature, i.e. giant cave crocodile. This gives them scales and no hair.
4. Add any special creature tokens you want i.e. FIREBREATH and/or FLIER. This will give them special abilities.

That's just a quick mod mind you. The razor teeth/claws, immunities, varied breath attacks and determining the mass/hight in 'dorf's is going to take a little extra effort.

That's basically what I was looking for, but I guess trying to look through Deon's genesis file wasn't going to help me xD I was literally swamped with caste's...

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: March 07, 2011, 06:46:20 am »

not sure if this is genesis specific but i embarked on a snowy mountain with my dwarfs, war mastiffs, grizzly bears, cats and some cows.
shortly after embark i see blood everywhere, each and every animal had turned on each other and attacked them and even my dwarfs were hit.
bears attacked cats, cows kicked dogs, the poor pack buffalo took it all and even same species attacked each other with cows verse cows happening alot.

could it be no food due to snow causes starvation and them to go rabid or some random bug that makes them not recognise each other as allies?

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: March 07, 2011, 06:51:39 am »

k, here's a rough sketch, I'ma try to implement them and try a round, dunno if it'll work!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(like I said, rough sketch, I'll change the professions later. doing this gave me some idea's for caste's though, like each Half Dragon's parent dragon type, each with their own features/abilities?)

SUPERBAMFEDIT* Awesome! they work! I'm using the human tile graphic though, and there's actually a CIV...Half Dragon's seem to have done pretty damn well actually. NPC's use a skeleton tile though, oh well. I'm off to slaughter for a bit.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:12:55 am by Nopkar »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: March 07, 2011, 07:55:28 am »

not sure if this is genesis specific but i embarked on a snowy mountain with my dwarfs, war mastiffs, grizzly bears, cats and some cows.
shortly after embark i see blood everywhere, each and every animal had turned on each other and attacked them and even my dwarfs were hit.
bears attacked cats, cows kicked dogs, the poor pack buffalo took it all and even same species attacked each other with cows verse cows happening alot.

could it be no food due to snow causes starvation and them to go rabid or some random bug that makes them not recognise each other as allies?
Your animals were too close. They become aggressive if they stay too close, spread them out a bit.

I slept a bit longer this time, even longer than afternoon. Blame my wife, she called girls last night :/. So yeah, I'm off to modding :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: March 07, 2011, 07:59:54 am »

I slept a bit longer this time, even longer than afternoon. Blame my wife, she called girls last night :/. So yeah, I'm off to modding :).

have fun and i cant wait To see what you add now to make Dwarf fortress even more "fun"
Urist McHappy has entered a fit of euphoria!
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
The Fish Cleaner has been taught the value of friendship!
Sigged
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 642