Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228619 times)

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5415 on: February 26, 2011, 03:32:13 am »

Just downloaded the new version, ironhand, and the graphics are screwed up in that it's only displaying graphics in the upper left hand corner, roughly. How do I fix this?

Got past the embark screen?

Also: Yes, Dolphins. need dolphins.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #5416 on: February 26, 2011, 03:34:46 am »

Nope, it does it right from the get go. I feel like something's up with the resolution buuuuuut I know nothing of tileset setups.

It's happening with phoebus too. My other DF installations are fine.

Setting the display option to 2D and turning on true type support fixed it.

Maybe just something with my computer, it's pretty wonky sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:13:40 am by Seriyu »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: February 26, 2011, 07:37:30 am »

I got a demon siege in the summer of the second year, only 42 dwarves and 75k created wealth so far, do they usually come so early?

They're also just standing outside now, whenever I open the bridge they just stay where they are, even when I let the elven merchants out. When they came, they headed towards my fort then stopped halfway there, I presumed because I'd closed the bridge but after opening it for a while, I noticed they weren't moving. They haven't even gone after my animals in the pasture outside. Is this normal?

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: February 26, 2011, 07:50:20 am »

I got a demon siege in the summer of the second year, only 42 dwarves and 75k created wealth so far, do they usually come so early?

They're also just standing outside now, whenever I open the bridge they just stay where they are, even when I let the elven merchants out. When they came, they headed towards my fort then stopped halfway there, I presumed because I'd closed the bridge but after opening it for a while, I noticed they weren't moving. They haven't even gone after my animals in the pasture outside. Is this normal?

I highly doubt it. Target practice?

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:46 am »

About a season later a second siege group has come along, even though the first one hasn't left yet. My military consists of a steel dwarf and 3 people with a little skill currently training through demonstrations. Things aren't looking good.

Edit: My lever messed up in some way, now they've just poured in. Savescumming anyway.

Are demons seriously supposed to come so early though?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:20:08 am by Cheese »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: February 26, 2011, 09:28:22 am »

Wait a second... we have whales but dont have dolphins?
Good suggestion :).

Nope, it does it right from the get go. I feel like something's up with the resolution buuuuuut I know nothing of tileset setups.

It's happening with phoebus too. My other DF installations are fine.

Setting the display option to 2D and turning on true type support fixed it.

Maybe just something with my computer, it's pretty wonky sometimes.
I think just setting it to 2D should be okay. it must be something with your videocard not liking STANDARD DF output.

About a season later a second siege group has come along, even though the first one hasn't left yet. My military consists of a steel dwarf and 3 people with a little skill currently training through demonstrations. Things aren't looking good.

Edit: My lever messed up in some way, now they've just poured in. Savescumming anyway.

Yes, you can change triggers in the entity files if you feel like it's too early though :). I usually have no problems with them because 2/3 of my dwarves always go into militia, so two-three full squads of trained dwarves (by the time  hit 42 it's enough time for them to train in dodging and shield using) are a strong force.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: February 26, 2011, 09:30:13 am »

I don't have obsidian in my stone menu.  Is it just under some category that I wouldn't expect?  Using Ironhand a4

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: February 26, 2011, 09:32:03 am »

It should be under "special stone" menu.

P.S. Nevermind, it's not there. It's an original DF problem, but I know a workaround, I will fix it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: February 26, 2011, 09:37:17 am »

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:2]

Wiki says these are rated 0-5, so... Yeah, demons show up relatively early.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: February 26, 2011, 09:39:42 am »

Yeah, they are based on the amount of stuff you make in your fortress.

To avoid having them too early you can trade more and accumulate more people before starting an industry line.

But I prefer to build a trapped maze and towers with xbowdwarves around it, it usually works :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: February 26, 2011, 09:46:29 am »

I've just found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickite

Dickite... It would probably work as kaolinite for porcelain. Should I include it in? I like the name :D.

P.S. Also halloysite and nacrite. I think that using ONLY kaolinite for porcelain greatly limits our ability to get it. Or is it okay? I haven't really found it yet on my 3.19 journeys.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:48:42 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: February 26, 2011, 09:56:14 am »

I've just found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickite

Dickite... It would probably work as kaolinite for porcelain. Should I include it in? I like the name :D.

Heh... Cool.

On a side note, How hard would it be to mod in a workshop that requires power supplied to it?

For example: A Bauxite smelting factory that requires (probably say, about 80) power, an aluminum bar, some copper bars and a few (metal) bins to build? I really think it would be epic if dwarves discovered the Hall–Héroult process.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: February 26, 2011, 10:29:14 am »

I don't think that is possible
And @deon, the more variety the better! (except if it means there will be relatively less metal and more glazing stuff)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: February 26, 2011, 12:41:54 pm »

I have a bit of a question. I have been trying to mod Genesis so that I can use my custom race instead of the normal dwarves (no offense of course), but it won't seem to work - every world gives the same error of not being able to place any controllable civs. All I did was remove the CIV_CONTROLLABLE from the dwarves and then gave my custom race it, and the adventurer_tier of 15 I think, since I think there's 14 now.

I also put the custom race in its own entity file, should I have just put it in the default? I got the custom race to work fine in a vanilla .18, but I can't seem to get it to work for Genesis .19

EDIT:
Well I just directly tweaked the dwarves and got it to work, maybe .19 has some new things that a direct copy/paste of .18 won't fix. No dwarves in the world now is kinda :(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:06:55 pm by krisslanza »

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: February 26, 2011, 01:12:39 pm »

I can't play genesis with ironhand graphics.  It takes like 5-10 seconds for it to respond to keypresses, even when I just started.  I turned off the opening movie because that went incredibly slow, but it didn't make things any faster in the main menu.  I downloaded the ascii version after the ironhand one didn't work, and that one works fine.  Pretty sure it's just my computer or something, but I thought I'd ask if there has been any experience with this kind of problem.

If it's already been asked and solved, a link to that part of the thread might be fine.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to trying stuff out in this.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 642