Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228763 times)

fox967

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5400 on: February 25, 2011, 06:27:00 pm »

Your map has goblinite, which can even be used raw.

Oh, i forgot to mention i melted any metal weapons and armour down to create weapons for my dorfs, but it seems the majority of the enemy has leather armour. :(
Quote from: Argoroth
Quote from: NRN_R_Sumo1
at this point I'd wager on it being either a penis or a beard.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Of course it's either a penis or a beard!

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: February 25, 2011, 06:30:49 pm »

then you can request iron from mountainhome, and trade them with war spoil. if they have iron, or maybe other metals.
at least in genesis i have my civ with all important metals all the time.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: February 25, 2011, 07:39:01 pm »

Cobaltite is a pretty decent metal, almost as good as iron.

Also you can use rock grinder to try to find pieces of metal in all the stone which you probably have lying around.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: February 25, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »

So how bady did they nerf the ores? is there still some deep down or is it pre cavern style where you'll be lucky to find any metal at all?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: February 25, 2011, 08:32:12 pm »

So how bady did they nerf the ores? is there still some deep down or is it pre cavern style where you'll be lucky to find any metal at all?

Well, depending on the world, your civ might not even have iron to trade. And while you can tell that there's metal down there, you don't know what kind - it's just "shallow" or "deep", and "metal" or "metals". I was told that the best guess for embark is to have  "shallow metals" and "deep metals" - very rare depending on the worldgen (I got lucky), and to have multiple biomes intersecting on your map (each with "metals") to increase your odds of getting the metal you want.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: February 25, 2011, 10:12:45 pm »

Yeah so no more every embark has multiple times of metal? or does every embark still have the metals but their just either deep or shallow? I'm waiting for the bugs to get worked out but it sounds like your going to struggle to have your own metal economy now.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: February 25, 2011, 10:23:22 pm »

naw the main problem is when it says metal, it means one type of metal and one only.  Like silver, and just silver.   When it says metals you may get 2-3 metals, but no more.
Nom nom nom

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: February 25, 2011, 10:43:39 pm »

But if you have 4 biomes, each with a metal or metals, you can get a TON of metals in 4x4 area. You just have to select your embark site carefully.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: February 25, 2011, 10:51:17 pm »

Does Bog iron show up as "shallow metal"?
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: February 25, 2011, 10:53:43 pm »

Yes, it does.

All ores are displayed on the embark screen as "metals".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

fox967

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: February 25, 2011, 11:15:01 pm »

I didn't think i would be saying this anytime soon, but THANK YOU WEREWOLVES! xD

The 4th siege on my fortress didn't end (i think its because a goblin leader or such was caught in a cage trap right outside my front door/drawbridge) and they got reinforced by a 5th Goblin siege, and shortly after, an Ilithid siege (that quickly got wiped out), that left, as far as i could count, roughly 50 Goblins/Ogres etc outside.
 Having only Cobaltite, i smelted as much of it into bolts for my marksdwarfs, who sat on top of my tower taking potshots at the enemies if/when they came too close. I killed 5, maybe 6 of the enemy, but eventually, my arrow supply ran out, and with no wood to make charcoal, i ventured into the caverns, and taking some loses from various 'blind ogres' and 'Beholders' managed to keep a trickle of Cobalt arrows being produced.

Summer passed, Then Autumn, and in early winter, there came another siege of werewolves (alongside a Dragon Raptor), and i thought 'oh good, maybe they can thin a few Goblins and Ogres out for me. Turns out, the 15 or so werewolves and raptor obliterated most of the 50 Goblins/Ogres, with the survivers turning on their heel and fleeing. The werewolves, taking damage from fire attacks (my valley is on fire AGAIN, lol) also fled.

I love this game. :D :D :D

EDIT - Got an Ilithid ambush of 6, sent my archers, and some Hammerdwarfs to attack them, they were crossing my bridge when an Ilithid shot a fireball at it and destroyed it, sending everyone into the depths. Dammit xD :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:59:56 pm by fox967 »
Quote from: Argoroth
Quote from: NRN_R_Sumo1
at this point I'd wager on it being either a penis or a beard.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Of course it's either a penis or a beard!

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: February 26, 2011, 01:12:19 am »

EDIT - Got an Ilithid ambush of 6, sent my archers, and some Hammerdwarfs to attack them, they were crossing my bridge when an Ilithid shot a fireball at it and destroyed it, sending everyone into the depths. Dammit xD :D

...wait, What?
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: February 26, 2011, 02:08:24 am »

...wait, What?

yeah. Ithillids mess stuff up but good. The flying poison-dusting one's are fun, too.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: February 26, 2011, 02:35:36 am »

Wait a second... we have whales but dont have dolphins?
Desu

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #5414 on: February 26, 2011, 03:23:12 am »

Just downloaded the new version, ironhand, and the graphics are screwed up in that it's only displaying graphics in the upper left hand corner, roughly. How do I fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 642