Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229361 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5235 on: February 20, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »

Blast furnace only works for making steel.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: February 20, 2011, 09:07:28 pm »

Apparently the icon for 'Open Space' is the same as the pile of bones, any way to fix this, or have I just missed it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: February 20, 2011, 09:18:09 pm »

Can you show a screenshot? How did you achieve it? :D Because it's how it is for me:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

hhhat09

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: February 20, 2011, 10:51:49 pm »

:( seems i gotten my game to work but now i cant increase/decrease dwarfs skills or items in embark....

hhhat09

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
help me
« Reply #5239 on: February 20, 2011, 10:55:16 pm »

i downloaded genesis but now on embark i cant increase or decreases skills and items

Eman6881

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: February 20, 2011, 10:59:06 pm »

In the new version, i made a fort, and the ONLY metal i could find was cobalt, so i thought i just had bad luck, so i used DFhack to reveal the map, and the only metal i saw was freakin COBALT. I thought it was just bad luck, so i make another fort, and use the hack again, but this time there was only 1 vein of sliver. I restarted over and over again, but barly any metals, and yes, the embark area had the "Deep Metals" tag on it. It REAL frusterating to have my favorite industry to have such little choice. : So, can you increase the metal occourense, cause this new version is FREAKING unbearible. I love the idea of pens, beekeeping and clay, but the metal thing is INSANE. Tody never pays attention to teh fourms, but i know YOU do, Deon. So, can you fix this version of DF, PREASE?
"Bronze Collosuss cancels Destroy World, inturrupted by Eman6881"

Eman6881

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: help me
« Reply #5241 on: February 20, 2011, 11:13:09 pm »

i downloaded genesis but now on embark i cant increase or decreases skills and items
You dont got nuff embark points to do dat.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: February 20, 2011, 11:15:42 pm »

Remove some items the game picked for you, or adjust world generation settings to give you more points.

In the new version, i made a fort, and the ONLY metal i could find was cobalt, so i thought i just had bad luck, so i used DFhack to reveal the map, and the only metal i saw was freakin COBALT. I thought it was just bad luck, so i make another fort, and use the hack again, but this time there was only 1 vein of sliver. I restarted over and over again, but barly any metals, and yes, the embark area had the "Deep Metals" tag on it. It REAL frusterating to have my favorite industry to have such little choice. : So, can you increase the metal occourense, cause this new version is FREAKING unbearible. I love the idea of pens, beekeeping and clay, but the metal thing is INSANE. Tody never pays attention to teh fourms, but i know YOU do, Deon. So, can you fix this version of DF, PREASE?
Toady always pays attention to the forums, it was the first change and expect changes :). I cannot make it more frequent, it's a new worldgen "feature".

Look for both shallow and deep metals if you want more. Also cobalt is quite nice :). And you can get copper and iron through the rock grinder.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Eman6881

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: February 20, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »

Dayum. But there is alot of arguing on the fourms, so i bet he will read some complaints and HOPEFULLY he will make ze metal more frequent. And also, what rocks go in the rock grinder to make copper and iron?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: February 20, 2011, 11:48:54 pm »

Sure. I mean come on, there was not a single update yet, how would you expect him to "fix" it.

Any rocks go there :). It's a very small chance to discover ore pieces in any stones, and the chance may need tweaking (i.e. maybe I should make it less frequent).

P.S. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77431.msg1994321#msg1994321
Now you should feel shame that you said that he "never pays attention to teh fourms".
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:50:54 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: February 21, 2011, 12:51:56 am »

Really? After using the site finder I found a nice oceanside embark with plenty of fish and metal I could mine for.

I had numerous veins of bog iron, cobalt, galena, and gold above ground with plenty of hematite and cassiterite deep underground. I also had both marble and limestone. I can make broze with copper ore from my rock grinders and 100+ z-levels to work with, and since I modded rarer stones to be more valuable I have rutile and graphite to make crafts from. I also have a duckload of a certain gem.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: February 21, 2011, 12:53:54 am »

Well, he said he wanted to embark on Deep Metals only. That's the issue: they are hard to find.

Shallow metals are pretty easy to get.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: February 21, 2011, 04:19:06 am »

Hi, my PC is being a random bitch as always and is refusing to let winrar do it's job etc. etc., any chance of a .zip of the mod at some point?  ???
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: February 21, 2011, 04:25:07 am »

It is a zip I use 7zip and it works fine.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: February 21, 2011, 04:28:13 am »

Hi, my PC is being a random bitch as always and is refusing to let winrar do it's job etc. etc., any chance of a .zip of the mod at some point?  ???
have you tried 7-zip or peazip first?
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 642