Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230679 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18f2 ϟ] - quick fix
« Reply #4995 on: February 11, 2011, 05:21:39 pm »

ok :)
two questions though:
1)are Dread Trolls Thieves intended or were they another effect of the duplicated RAWS?
2)how the hell does doubling the raws of those 2 creatures give me soap cloaks and insta-fracture-troll-skulls?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:23 pm »

Okay, I've updated the ASCII version, thank you very much. All you have to do is to remove the saltwater crocodile and the vulture from the end of creature_large_tropical.txt.

two questions though:
1)are Dread Trolls Thieves intended or were they another effect of the duplicated RAWS?
2)how the hell does doubling the raws of those 2 creatures give me soap cloaks and insta-fracture-troll-skulls?
Duplicated raws can cause anything, from fluffy wambler civs to burning water.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: February 11, 2011, 05:25:17 pm »

Bug hunting, it's what users are for. Arent'cha glad you have us Deon?  :P

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: February 11, 2011, 05:26:38 pm »

Okay, I've updated the ASCII version, thank you very much. All you have to do is to remove the saltwater crocodile and the vulture from the end of creature_large_tropical.txt.

two questions though:
Duplicated raws can cause anything, from fluffy wambler civs to burning water.

Sometimes I duplicate my RAWS, as it can get quite comical.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: February 11, 2011, 05:27:39 pm »

Bug hunting, it's what users are for. Arent'cha glad you have us Deon?  :P
Yes I am. I feed on your thousands of downloads for my mod :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: February 11, 2011, 05:30:48 pm »

I just saw you had a page with artifacts possible with your mod, here I have a picture of an artifact picturing a booze waterfall :) I'm pretty sure that's new too casue I never saw something like this while playing vanilla:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: February 11, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »

Hah, an epic artifact indeed :). Thanks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: February 11, 2011, 08:36:21 pm »

Oh. Damn. Crescent arrows can shoot off limbs...

Sorry, random Archer #4 about your shot off left leg.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: February 12, 2011, 12:29:13 am »

Heh why does ilithid ambushes have a massive toxic cloud that follows them everywhere?--i had 6 friggin diplomats arrive one after another then a werewolf siege followed by 4 ilithid ambushes and for some reason my bowdwarves refuse to shoot now which doesnt make much sense. I almost cleaned the entire map of debris to which was quite a feat considering there was 3 different sieges and 2 different ambushes. I had 1 siege and 2 different ambushes haha gobbos ambushed the werewolves and there was a hilariously apt werewolf vs vampire fight before all 4 gobbo partys were utterly destroyed by the werewolf siege.

My animals are reaching their 200 mark and i'm slaughtering all the newborns except my war animal stock which populations combat has wonderfully controled.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: February 12, 2011, 04:28:42 am »

blah! is it just me or are there NO towns/hamlets/villages/cities? all I wanna do is dump this loot i've got, but I can't find ANYWHERE to sell it...the forts are populated, but they're all Nord, I'm a Steel Dwarf...can't find my homies!!

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: February 12, 2011, 05:16:20 am »

Alright cleaning up after sieges is becoming extremely tedious when i'm getting 24 FPS because all the dwarves are gathering shit. Can we remove alot of the clothing on the invaders? werewolves and ilithid wrestlers are friggin awesome because all they leave me is corpses to be cleaned. I found the problem with the ranged dwarves--if you mix bows/xbows they'll pick up the wrong ammo which is annoying as hell.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: February 12, 2011, 06:41:50 am »

Heh why does ilithid ambushes have a massive toxic cloud that follows them everywhere?
One of the illithid types constantly releases an illithid toxin cloud, I think it may be the outpost minds and void masters but I can't remember.  It's actually useful as it's visible on your screen even if you haven't discovered the ambush so you can have a quick look around the map to try and spot an illithid ambush before you actually get ambushed.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: February 12, 2011, 06:53:24 am »

Deon: I was getting the odd result that I could purchase adventurer meat on embark... interesting, but not too tasty, so, I looked in the raws, and moved the [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] tag up to where it is in the other creature entries:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Above the biome. This seems to have fixed it. Another bug squashed!
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:10 am »

The position should not affect its work... Ghouls, mummies have it under the biome and still are not butcherable. I will check it.

Heh why does ilithid ambushes have a massive toxic cloud that follows them everywhere?
One of the illithid types constantly releases an illithid toxin cloud, I think it may be the outpost minds and void masters but I can't remember.  It's actually useful as it's visible on your screen even if you haven't discovered the ambush so you can have a quick look around the map to try and spot an illithid ambush before you actually get ambushed.
Yeah, I liked it in the end. It's like "invisible presence" you feel if you pay attention :D.

blah! is it just me or are there NO towns/hamlets/villages/cities? all I wanna do is dump this loot i've got, but I can't find ANYWHERE to sell it...the forts are populated, but they're all Nord, I'm a Steel Dwarf...can't find my homies!!
Try to make less civs in world settings. I have a lot of cottages/towns, but you may get too many civs on the map size you use for them to sprawl properly.

Oh. Damn. Crescent arrows can shoot off limbs...

Sorry, random Archer #4 about your shot off left leg.
Yeah, they are like flying mini-axes :).

I found the problem with the ranged dwarves--if you mix bows/xbows they'll pick up the wrong ammo which is annoying as hell.
Ah yeah, never mix xbow/bow squads, it's a known DF problem.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: February 12, 2011, 10:37:57 am »

Did you use a track from Runescape for this mod it sounds so familiar :-\ ;D
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 642