Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230520 times)

Sarudak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4920 on: February 07, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »

How do you get the kiln to do cremations? What part of your enemies do you need to save to cremate? Does it still take fuel? And how much ash do you get?

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: February 08, 2011, 02:56:52 am »

Since there are so many changes in this mod, can anybody answer my question: what are hostile civs there? I am rather peaceful builder but life is stale without a little war here and there... a *little* war. I'd mod out stronger hostile civ but as I dig throug the raws I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of creatures, and in different files too!

So if anybody could answer what are hostile civs in Genesis I would be much grateful.

And happy birthday to Deon, master mod maker of yore!
-
V.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: February 08, 2011, 03:27:00 am »

If you go on the Genesis wiki it gives you a list of races on the front page.  You have demons (=goblins+1), illithids, werewolves, serpentfolk, centaurs and the fearsome kobolds as enemies.  As well as a more varied selection of underground, overground, semi/megabeasts and forgotten beasts.  And of course a bunch of nominally friendly races you can turn into enemies with some dwarven diplomacy.

If you're not a big fan of war it might be easier to mod out werewolves and centaurs as they have quite low triggers to turn up and siege you early on, I think Deon has said it's only 20 dwarves as the population limit.

Happy birthday Deon!  I have a masterful cake made out of masterfully minced forgotten beast eyeball, exceptionally minced dwarven sugar, exceptionally minced plump helmet and masterfully minced giraffe cheese for you somewhere.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18f ϟ] - mod settings + sorted ores
« Reply #4924 on: February 08, 2011, 08:02:07 am »

Ironhand version is updated to 3.18f

Phoebus and ASCII will be updated soon today.

3.18f: Stones, ores and metals are now sorted by category in the "stones" menu. Some tweaks to creatures. Two new evil monsters: rancor and leaper. Mod settings avaliable through Valdemar's mod manager.

MOD SETUP:
Launch "Genesis Setup", right click on desired mod settings and select "enable". Then select "file->install". Generate a new world.

- No firebreath for obsidian dwarves: removes fireballs from obsidian caste, to stop forest fires if you want.
- Original goblins instead of demonic union: replaces "demons" race (based on Dungeon Keeper) with just "goblins" without castes.
- Remove *: removes appropriate race.
- Simple ore names: changes metal-bearing minerals to "* ore" for easier perception of what you discover.
- Sylvan to elf and keepers to humans: renames sylvan elves to "elves" and keepers to "humans". Combine with removal of other races and "original goblins" to achieve vanilla races list.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: February 08, 2011, 08:04:11 am »

Please test the new tool by Valdemar. It should work fine (don't try to "move up/down" mod elements in the list, it seems not to work).

Rancor and leaper appear in evil biomes only, but they are nasty. They do not have real vital organs, so you will have to dismember them to kill.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: February 08, 2011, 09:26:51 am »

Happy birthday Deon!

I am at war with the Nords, the Dusk Elfs and the Keepers and if they attack me they are just standing on there "spawning" point, they don't attack my fortress at all.
All my gates are open but they are just sitting there doing nothing.

If my military dwarfs get close they move and attack my dwarfs but they NEVER attack my fortress.....

The problem is, i cant fight them in the open. I need them to run (or should i say fall) into my traps.
And as long as i am besieged i won't get any migrants or caravans :(

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: February 08, 2011, 09:39:23 am »

Happy Birthday, Deon!

One question: Black Steel: It's essentially Ferrocarbon Titanuim, innit?
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: February 08, 2011, 11:05:11 am »

Is there a mirror?

DFFD seems to be down. Which makes me want to scream KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Nevermind...it's working now just very slowly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:09:34 am by fatherjimbo »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: February 08, 2011, 11:31:13 am »

Happy Birthday, Deon!

One question: Black Steel: It's essentially Ferrocarbon Titanuim, innit?
Technically it's damascus steel (or wootz, or patterned, call it as you want) which is produced by smelting iron with impurities.

If my military dwarfs get close they move and attack my dwarfs but they NEVER attack my fortress.....
Do they sit by campfires? If so, they just wait and try to tire you. It's vanilla human behavior.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: February 08, 2011, 11:54:04 am »

Do they sit by campfires? If so, they just wait and try to tire you. It's vanilla human behavior.

The Keepers are sitting by campfires, the Elfs and Nord aren't.

But is there a way to change this behavior? I don't like it and it slowly kills my fortress over the years they are sitting there...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: February 08, 2011, 12:06:40 pm »

The wiki is a great resource, but is there a better list of the adventurer mode perks for picking things such as the illithids? Sprout, Dimension Zero, and Reaper Sword (plus touch attacks) are amazlingly awesome, but a bit lacking in the description area (and the wiki contains nothing toward that end).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: February 08, 2011, 12:30:47 pm »

The Keepers are sitting by campfires, the Elfs and Nord aren't.

But is there a way to change this behavior? I don't like it and it slowly kills my fortress over the years they are sitting there...
I think it's [SIEGER].

The wiki is a great resource, but is there a better list of the adventurer mode perks for picking things such as the illithids? Sprout, Dimension Zero, and Reaper Sword (plus touch attacks) are amazlingly awesome, but a bit lacking in the description area (and the wiki contains nothing toward that end).
Yeah, there is no details on that yet, it would be a pain for me to describe many minor things like that right now for me :). I may make it with time (or you may post your findings on the wiki).

BTW, I've updated Phoebus and ASCII versions too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: February 08, 2011, 04:07:15 pm »

I downloaded the ASCII version and can't seem to find the "genesis setup" file. Where is it supposed to be?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: February 08, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »

It's only in the Ironhand version, for some odd reason.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 642