Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230471 times)

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4905 on: February 07, 2011, 07:16:38 am »

I love and hate building destroyers!

Without them my fortress wouldn't really need a military.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: February 07, 2011, 08:11:08 am »

I've tried my hand at making the exlosive "creeper" creature that was discussed a few pages back.  If anyone wants to try it out here is the code.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm warning you now that they may need tweaking.  Don't try attacking them with a melee dwarf unless you want that dwarf to die.  Stick to traps and ranged attacks.  If you manage to capture one, you might be able to set up a bomb breeding program to help your defences.
Don't know if this is much use but I've had a few forgotten beasts made of flame appear, when I killed them they exploded and melted my squad.  Same thing when I killed a Balor so I guess you could copy some of the info from there if you needed any help.  I've never tried to mod anything so no clue really though!

Awesome siege story Arghy, I do love the massive sieges in Genesis.  Just the holy shit! moments as you check the unit screen to find there's 100 werewolves on grizzly bears bearing down on your fort. :D  Then to have your militia commander barrel into them and body parts start flying across the screen.  Werewolf sieges>danger rooms for training!

Sorry and on nerve damage, according to the wiki you can change the healing rate for nerves but I assume that won't let them regrow nerves that are totally gone?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:14:14 am by Torgan »

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: February 07, 2011, 09:21:02 am »

I've tried my hand at making the exlosive "creeper" creature that was discussed a few pages back.  If anyone wants to try it out here is the code.

I'm warning you now that they may need tweaking.  Don't try attacking them with a melee dwarf unless you want that dwarf to die.  Stick to traps and ranged attacks.  If you manage to capture one, you might be able to set up a bomb breeding program to help your defences.
Don't know if this is much use but I've had a few forgotten beasts made of flame appear, when I killed them they exploded and melted my squad.  Same thing when I killed a Balor so I guess you could copy some of the info from there if you needed any help.  I've never tried to mod anything so no clue really though!

Awesome siege story Arghy, I do love the massive sieges in Genesis.  Just the holy shit! moments as you check the unit screen to find there's 100 werewolves on grizzly bears bearing down on your fort. :D  Then to have your militia commander barrel into them and body parts start flying across the screen.  Werewolf sieges>danger rooms for training!

Sorry and on nerve damage, according to the wiki you can change the healing rate for nerves but I assume that won't let them regrow nerves that are totally gone?

Since I couldn't get an actual explosion, I gave the hindenbird blood made of flame, and made it so all tissues have major arteries.  Also its breath attack knocks itself unconscious and causes massive bleeding of the flames.  It bleeds out in a few seconds, and melts everythingin the few tiles around it.

I tried just making it paralyzed, so that it could continue to attack with the undirected_dust attack that makes everyone fly about like an explosion, but it just kept flying about.

And that is a great story.  I'm still waiting to get more than hammergoblins in any of my forts, but I've gotten my ass kicked by the nords a few times.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:05 am »

Hey, the deep crow really needs to get buffed up, it's terribly easy to defeat. As mega beasts they are supposed to be tougher, I think.

Please add more megabeasts in the next release.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: February 07, 2011, 11:35:30 am »

Not in the next release :). The next release is today (my birthday release) and I didn't manage to make alchemy in yet. I am still working on it.

This release will have a sorted list of stones, fixed edge/material values for ores (so ores are almost as good as metals they contain, at least in terms of weight/penetration) and I will add Mod Manager with different options (remove firebreath from obsidian dwarves/remove specific races/simple names for ores etc.). It will also have a new phoebus tileset (in phoebus version).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4910 on: February 07, 2011, 12:21:59 pm »

I had a beautiful, all-ecstatic fort that was going absolutely swimmingly, with only three deaths in five years.

And then one single poison gas mind flayer caught in my narrow entrance poisoned dozens of dwarves and over a hundred animals.

And the fort went to hell one spaniel puppy at a time.

I hope you're happy, Deon.  :'(
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: February 07, 2011, 01:49:43 pm »

I had a beautiful, all-ecstatic fort that was going absolutely swimmingly, with only three deaths in five years.

And then one single poison gas mind flayer caught in my narrow entrance poisoned dozens of dwarves and over a hundred animals.

And the fort went to hell one spaniel puppy at a time.

I hope you're happy, Deon.  :'(
i went psychotic about cage traps becaused of werewolves.
then, *oh good earth* illithids made me obsessed with weapon traps after cage traps, followed by deep pit with shooting holes above and aside for multiple ballistas and ranged soldiers.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: February 07, 2011, 02:12:20 pm »

Oh yeah during the fight i had captured abunch of blood spiders and they were going berzerk killing the invaders--one cavern crawler had 6 blood spiders on it.

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: February 07, 2011, 03:37:02 pm »

The next release is today (my birthday release)

I can has now?

:D

Love ya man.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: February 07, 2011, 03:41:27 pm »

Yeah it's 20 minutes to my birthday here, so you have to wait a bit :). Soon you'll get it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: February 07, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »

Do I need to start a new world for the new version or can i just copy and paste everything into the dwarf fortress folder?

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4916 on: February 07, 2011, 03:47:06 pm »

Yeah it's 20 minutes to my birthday here, so you have to wait a bit :). Soon you'll get it.

¡Feliz cumpleaños! courtesy my Unicode chart  :P
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: February 07, 2011, 04:00:33 pm »

happy birthday!
and happy releasing day, too.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: February 07, 2011, 04:08:56 pm »

Well, happy birthday, Deon! Thanks for the effort you're putting on this  :D!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:24:09 pm by Bitoru »

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: February 07, 2011, 05:41:52 pm »

Happy birthday Deon!Thank you for your effort to make DF an even awesomer (is that a word?) game.I wish you good luck and a long life so you can help us all kill a few more eleves.Your the best man!
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 642