Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230197 times)

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4785 on: January 31, 2011, 05:43:44 am »

2 things: 1 question, 1 suggestion/request:

Question: Barony works the same as in vanilla, yes? I met the requirements, sequestered my mayor until the traders left, but no baron screen. :(

Suggestion: In RL, Malachite is a "semi-precious" stone, along with hematite, and a few others. Would it be possible to add the cut gem and encrust actions to those types of stones, while retaining the ability to smelt them?
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: January 31, 2011, 07:32:56 am »

Question: Barony works the same as in vanilla, yes? I met the requirements, sequestered my mayor until the traders left, but no baron screen. :(
There's no bug with the baron being appointed now afaik, I have a baron then count appointed without any problems or workaround like sealing away my mayor until the traders leave.  The only issue is the outpost liasion not being killed on the way to my fort.  :P

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: January 31, 2011, 07:43:43 am »

Well, we'll see next year.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: January 31, 2011, 07:58:03 am »

Suggestion: In RL, Malachite is a "semi-precious" stone, along with hematite, and a few others. Would it be possible to add the cut gem and encrust actions to those types of stones, while retaining the ability to smelt them?

Oooh. Good question!

I am curious about the expected behaviors of diplomats. I currently have a dusk elf diplomat who is going through the "hello, we have much to discuss" motions, but in reality it seems we do not have anything to discuss at all, because the conversation ends without anything being requested by either party, and then the liaison goes home. No trade agreements. No demands. No short jokes, even. What gives?

EDIT: also - YAY:
Sad to see Malachite go, however. Its dark green veins are awesome. Cassiterite sounds cooler than "Native Tin", but I can understand the change.
They don't go anywhere :). You will be able to select "minerals" or "simple ores" during the installation :).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:01:12 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: January 31, 2011, 09:17:44 am »

Tell me any optional additions you want, I will include them.

I really liked the results of removing cloth clothing from the game, leaving only leather clothing and armor.  It does seem to help FPS, reduce sizes of item lists, etc.

Is there anyway to set up a job to burn cloth clothes at a workshop?  Not all of them, just the unwearable small or large clothes or possibly the worn out clothes.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: January 31, 2011, 11:47:23 am »

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

I just had a demonic siege of five squads appear on my map. I shrugged and mustered the army at the gates, as I could probably take them. In fact, I was looking forward to it. The demons started to move towards the fortress.

Suddenly a werewolf squad appeared right next to the eastern demonic squad, and the two set to fighting. The werewolves did better than I expected and didn't get massacred (probably helped that they were fighting hammerdemons). The demons have the upper hand, when...

Two fully mounted illitihid squads, including a void master and two outpost minds, appear on the south of the map. The southernmost demon squad, perhaps disheartened by the losses incurred by the eastern squad and by the capture (cage traps) of several members of the western squads, begins to retreat and runs right into one of the illithid groups. After a short skirmish several from each side lie dead on the ground, but the illithids break and run; there's a rather impressive blood trail left by an illithid who lost his foot and tried to run, but sadly was chased down and killed.
The other illithid squad, meanwhile, clashed with another demonic squad from the west before the gates of the fortress, and they too shortly broke and ran. The eastern demonic squad was in dire straits, however, as just as they were about to defeat the werewolves a group of five or six ogres appeared (I'm guessing as part of the illithid siege?) and almost finishes them off. Happily another western demonic squad came to their aid and defeated the ogres.

Battered and bruised, the demons celebrated their great victory over the hated illithids and werewolves.

And then the fortress gates opened.

Much fun was had by all.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: January 31, 2011, 12:59:06 pm »

Yeah, that's why I make races optional in game setup next version. Some people may dislike too many guys fighting without their dwarves involved. However I like this battle theater which happens pretty often in my forts :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: January 31, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »

Did you assign bolts/arrows to him? Also remove [FLIER] and they will fall down (They are in creature_genesis_birds.txt).
I'm not seeing [FLIER] in the TURKEY_WILD entry (yes I am using ctrl-f), I found that tag on the domestic version but that didn't do anything for the wild ones obviously. And do you mean assign bolts as a hunter or as a marksdwarf?
Hmm, you are right, I removed FLIER from TURKEY_WILD because I was afraid they would confuse dwarves too much for such small animals. I should fix a common turkey too. Are you sure those are not just "turkeys"? They roam the world too.

And yes, assign bolts to hunters too.

Hmm odd, I know I tried removing FLIER from Turkey... aaaah I didn't do it to the save's raws. Ah well point is moot as the ranger finally started hunting on his own so most of the turkeys are taken care of now (yay ambush skill). Now I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with my first seige as one little marksdwarf (who doesn't resupply properly once engaged) isn't enough to deal with them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: January 31, 2011, 02:04:33 pm »

Make many weapons and draft everyone :D. It makes wonders.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: January 31, 2011, 04:15:24 pm »

I've noticed that Aspid Dwarves' descriptions are different in game than what the main page says. Is it just an oversight, or do you have a reason for it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: January 31, 2011, 04:21:42 pm »

The main page probably was not updated... yeah. Now they do not have a breath, but they have a deadly bite. The breath was killing wardogs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

fatherjimbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: January 31, 2011, 05:08:13 pm »

Hey all,

Is there an easy way to use the Lazy Newb Pack with the Awesomeness that is Deon's Genesis mod? I love the ease of changing settings using the LNP.

Thanks

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: January 31, 2011, 05:13:12 pm »

I plan to write an UI eventually, but I don't know how yet. I gotta learn. You could ask someone from LNP to write a front-end, it would be awesome :D.

The next version has a .bat customization file which was originally in the old LNP, so it slowly goes into that direction.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: January 31, 2011, 07:03:28 pm »

i just found out there are some bugs with fish
in z stock display, fish and raw fish are shown as other creasture, eg. mussel as wyvern, salmon as deep crow, perch as rock lion.
really weird.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: January 31, 2011, 07:17:03 pm »

Yes, I know it, and nothing tells me why does it happen. Some DF bug, it doesn't actually affect anything :). If you press TAB to expand the list, you see all the fish items with normal names.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 642