Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230163 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4770 on: January 30, 2011, 01:48:29 pm »

There's no real reduction in renaming of Cassiterite to Native Tin by the way. It IS the native tin.

We could argue that Native Gold should have a different name, for example :). It's mainly the inconsistence that bothers me

As I said, I will make it optional.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: January 30, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »

Great news : Rephikul allowed me to grab his .bat installer as a base, so you guys will get a simple interface to customize the mod. I've already added support for toggling castes and simple ore names (on/off for castes and on/off for mineral nomenclature for now; I may add more complex customization like addition of specific castes later).

Also it means that you will get a bit bigger install with all the graphics options, but the biggest size takes the music, so I will probably put it in an optional download.

Time to organize things, yeah!

Tell me any optional additions you want, I will include them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Leonard DeVir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: January 30, 2011, 05:32:28 pm »

There's no real reduction in renaming of Cassiterite to Native Tin by the way. It IS the native tin.

We could argue that Native Gold should have a different name, for example :). It's mainly the inconsistence that bothers me

As I said, I will make it optional.

Ah, I see! No problem with that, I thought you wanted to simplify a lot more, like every iron yielding stone = iron ore. Should have trusted you more, haha.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: January 30, 2011, 05:49:51 pm »

Does the noExotic Utility work with the current Version? It would be cool if im able to tame all Animals and make them War Animals after. For Example i just catched a Dragon Raptor, which would be awesome as Warcreature.

EDIT:

Will i need to generate a new world after altering Creature Tags?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: January 30, 2011, 06:03:05 pm »

None.

You make the mod how you want to make it. I'll either play it or not. Right now, it's the only mod I play.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: January 30, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »

Well, still you may like to get something else which is cool but not desired for everyone. Or for once play with a set of races, or without castes, etc. The installer takes care of that.

Does the noExotic Utility work with the current Version? It would be cool if im able to tame all Animals and make them War Animals after. For Example i just catched a Dragon Raptor, which would be awesome as Warcreature.

EDIT:

Will i need to generate a new world after altering Creature Tags?
There are no exotic animals in Genesis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: January 30, 2011, 10:12:20 pm »

Wheres the tag that gives wild turkeys their ability to fly? I've got a bunch of them on my map playing havoc with the merchants and my marksdwarf seems unable to deal with them as they quickly fly out of range. Plus I want to see some of them plummet when I take it out.

edit: I should probably add that my ranger for some reason won't hunt even though the hunting job is enabled. I'm wondering if this is because I've put him into the military prior to this then disbaded the squad.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:24:17 pm by userpay »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: January 30, 2011, 10:36:22 pm »

Did you assign bolts/arrows to him? Also remove [FLIER] and they will fall down (They are in creature_genesis_birds.txt).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: January 30, 2011, 11:07:29 pm »

My 6 dwarf unarmed military just took down an arachna... It had all red wounds before they even arrived. I thought they would be harder than that, a weaver was giving it red and yellow wounds just by punching it.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: January 30, 2011, 11:23:00 pm »

Did you assign bolts/arrows to him? Also remove [FLIER] and they will fall down (They are in creature_genesis_birds.txt).

I'm not seeing [FLIER] in the TURKEY_WILD entry (yes I am using ctrl-f), I found that tag on the domestic version but that didn't do anything for the wild ones obviously. And do you mean assign bolts as a hunter or as a marksdwarf?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: January 31, 2011, 12:56:01 am »

I'm loving the look of that stone menu. The organized gems already had me rather happy, so I'm looking forward to better ability to micromanage everything. ;D  Do you think plants could be organized as well? Finding the proper seed type is difficult. If the season restricted plants appeared at the top of the list during their season, or even just as a group, it would life much easier. Constantly referencing the wiki gets annoying fast. (though not annoying enough to stop having like a dozen tropical fruits being awesome)

Sad to see Malachite go, however. Its dark green veins are awesome. Cassiterite sounds cooler than "Native Tin", but I can understand the change.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: January 31, 2011, 12:59:53 am »

I really liked the results of removing cloth clothing from the game, leaving only leather clothing and armor.  It does seem to help FPS, reduce sizes of item lists, etc.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: January 31, 2011, 01:07:04 am »

I really liked the results of removing cloth clothing from the game, leaving only leather clothing and armor.  It does seem to help FPS, reduce sizes of item lists, etc.
nooo! not my silk and flax!

hehe. I understand the motivation, but I'm torn, because stitches gets lost without some kind of cloth to have thread for.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: January 31, 2011, 02:00:52 am »

nooo! not my silk and flax!

hehe. I understand the motivation, but I'm torn, because stitches gets lost without some kind of cloth to have thread for.

Stitches like sutures?... I still process thread and cloth for the hospital.  Just nothing further.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: January 31, 2011, 03:37:45 am »

I'm not seeing [FLIER] in the TURKEY_WILD entry (yes I am using ctrl-f), I found that tag on the domestic version but that didn't do anything for the wild ones obviously. And do you mean assign bolts as a hunter or as a marksdwarf?
Hmm, you are right, I removed FLIER from TURKEY_WILD because I was afraid they would confuse dwarves too much for such small animals. I should fix a common turkey too. Are you sure those are not just "turkeys"? They roam the world too.

And yes, assign bolts to hunters too.

I'm loving the look of that stone menu. The organized gems already had me rather happy, so I'm looking forward to better ability to micromanage everything. ;D  Do you think plants could be organized as well? Finding the proper seed type is difficult. If the season restricted plants appeared at the top of the list during their season, or even just as a group, it would life much easier. Constantly referencing the wiki gets annoying fast. (though not annoying enough to stop having like a dozen tropical fruits being awesome)

Sad to see Malachite go, however. Its dark green veins are awesome. Cassiterite sounds cooler than "Native Tin", but I can understand the change.
They don't go anywhere :). You will be able to select "minerals" or "simple ores" during the installation :).

I will see what can I do about that. I don't promise an immediate release next time I release sorted stones and install options, but I will work on it ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 642