Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229946 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4710 on: January 24, 2011, 05:28:30 am »

And the Cave idea, thats good and fine, only problem is that you can search Hours without finding a Cave underground. The only real option is to use reveal. I mean, just as an example, imagine a Cave being on level 108, i start on Level 140. If i dont know that theres a Cave i have to dig around in all 32 levels below my Fort until i finally find that cave. its a bit hardcore isnt it?
Sorry a few pages late but do you know you can press (d)->(i) to designate an up/down staircase, hold down the mouse where you want to dig the stair then move up or down levels to designate a staircase?  You can only do it for a 1x1 square but it takes about 30 seconds to designate a 2x2 staircase that will reach the bottom of the map.  It doesn't take very long to mine out either, I just do that at embark now and you can have a magma industry up and running within the first season or two.  Churn out some metal goblets and you're sorted for the first caravan.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: January 24, 2011, 06:46:17 am »

And the Cave idea, thats good and fine, only problem is that you can search Hours without finding a Cave underground. The only real option is to use reveal. I mean, just as an example, imagine a Cave being on level 108, i start on Level 140. If i dont know that theres a Cave i have to dig around in all 32 levels below my Fort until i finally find that cave. its a bit hardcore isnt it?
Sorry a few pages late but do you know you can press (d)->(i) to designate an up/down staircase, hold down the mouse where you want to dig the stair then move up or down levels to designate a staircase?  You can only do it for a 1x1 square but it takes about 30 seconds to designate a 2x2 staircase that will reach the bottom of the map.  It doesn't take very long to mine out either, I just do that at embark now and you can have a magma industry up and running within the first season or two.  Churn out some metal goblets and you're sorted for the first caravan.

AWESOME, thank you very much! Im doing a new embark anyway, i forgot to limit the Popcap and at 90/100 Dwarfs my game starts to rapidly loose FPS. I Thought about setting it to maybe 60 or 70 but then i wont get any Sieges right?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: January 24, 2011, 08:07:38 am »

As far as I know you need 20 dwarfs for sieges.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: January 24, 2011, 08:25:21 am »

wait why don't we have bees o.o
Desu

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4714 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:35 am »

wait why don't we have bees o.o
Toady is adding bees and honeymaking feature in .31.19 (not released yet!), and lots of other things, clay crafts, probably wool-from-sheep too. No point in adding bees to Genesis before the official bees.

And bees are tiny, so they are vermin, and can't be interacted with except:
- disturb a nest of them
- cat or other verminhunter kills and hauls them
- starving dwarf looks for them for food.
Forest fire probably doesn't kill vermin. Someone should try with magma.

Deon, shall we have gators and crocs trainable as Thundercraft requested? Would the siegers bring too many of them?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:03:00 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: January 24, 2011, 09:52:34 am »

As far as I know you need 20 dwarfs for sieges.
For werewolves and centaurs. For illithids and demons you need more (60 or 80, I should check the numbers).
It's moddable (PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE in entity_default.txt and entity_illithid.txt).

bees
Check the latest devlog entry ;).

Deon, shall we have gators and crocs trainable as Thundercraft requested? Would the siegers bring too many of them?
Something feels a bit wrong with the idea, but war crocodiles sound badass. Why not? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: January 24, 2011, 01:11:50 pm »

egypt had war crocs

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: January 24, 2011, 05:59:59 pm »

Well damn. Here I was worried about a Thunderbird and a war rhino just kicked her ass. The rhino only suffered a bruised pancreas.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: January 25, 2011, 01:22:22 am »

egypt had war crocs
What? It is probably legend.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: January 25, 2011, 02:18:29 am »

egypt had war crocs
What? It is probably legend.

Hey they had the idea and thats all that matters to dwarves besides i want a moat that drops down into holding tank filled with war crocs that drains into my main hall so my dwarves can watch as the water turns red and rains down on them. You could also use grates to gather the gear from the dead enemys to!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: January 25, 2011, 03:06:40 am »

Question - Dolomite. Does it did you mess with it? Does it dissolve in water now or something?

I just mined out some dolomite in an aquifer. I know my High Master miner created at least one dolomite rock out of 8 tiles mined out. There are none down there, and it wasn't hauled anywhere else. I checked in the stock menu, and the only dolomite I have is listed as being used in the ramps in the aquifer channel. I did not construct these and they seem to be natural (mine-out-able) ramps.

what the heck? I just wanted to check here before I decided it was a general DF thing.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: January 25, 2011, 03:53:18 am »

The dolomite is vanilla.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: January 25, 2011, 04:58:03 am »

weeeird. I cannot duplicate this. I guess I have to assume I imagined the mined out rocks.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: January 25, 2011, 05:26:38 am »

Could it be that some craftsdwarf grabbed them for mugs?

Anyway, I plan some updates, with a rebalance for the castes and some Fun elements.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: January 25, 2011, 05:56:49 am »

So, don't expect anything gamebreaking from the next update. But those who mod and who like to peek into raws should like this update. I am moving all creatures around, based on their types, and reducing the number of files. Also I am adding a header to each file with the list of creatures (and I will mention on wiki/first post) which file has which critters.

Also it helps me to tweak similar creatures. And I've added TRAINABLE to crocodiles and alligators. If you have any suggestions/requests, feel free to ask now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 642