Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229924 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4695 on: January 23, 2011, 12:27:16 pm »

if you used the online tool then copy/paste the bottom section with the code and turn it into a .cvs file

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: January 23, 2011, 02:58:15 pm »

Holy shit forget creating your own heres the holy grail of quick fort designs http://www.wuala.com/Aklyon/Public%20Stuff/Blueprints.rar

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: January 23, 2011, 04:26:33 pm »

Ok First Thanks to Flaede for making that clear, im currently digging a 4x4 Staircase in my Fort that reached level 54 just now, i hope i find something soon^^

Also, i had my first Siege in Year 2 from Goblins, i held them off nicely with some Traps. After that i tried to built a Military asap just in case. And yes it was neccesary. Soon after the first Siege TWO came simutaneously, and then Awesome happened:

Before reaching my Fortentrance, the Goblin and Werewolve force met and decided to make a little warm up with each other. The Goblins were reduced to shreds, with little Causalties on the WW side, but then one of..... these Slime thingies that the Gobbos brought with them got "Enraged" And set the whole fight on fire. Because i didnt want to eat Roasteddorf i stayed away from the whole thing. After the Smoke was gone i could see about 20 Corpses lying around, Limbs, arms and heads everywhere. The remaining Forces were wounded and even my Newb Military was able to kill them easy. It was pure Awesome and im still Shocked about the Epicness that has happened in this Hole that i call a Fort xD

One Question tough: Is it possible that Werewolves are pretty tough against Warhammers? The few survivors put up a hard Fight against the 5 Hammerdwarfs i have in my Military at the moment.

Also, big big thanks from me and my mates (All swiss) for this awesome mod, im playing for hours now and almost cant stop with all the Fun happening.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: January 23, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »

Hammers are honestly only good when you have badass hammers and hammer dwarves other then that they wont be terribly effective compared to the overpowered axe/maces. Once you have skilled hammer dwarves with good hammers they'll rape again but until then you wont have the limb splintering goodness that axes give you.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: January 23, 2011, 05:19:58 pm »

Well damn, because the Weapon Industry nomnomnoms so much wood i was only able to make Equipment for 5 Dorfs until now, and in my endless wisdom i made 5 Warhammers of course. I got the idea from some guy that told me sometimes Enemys and their Limbs would fly around in a very wide range if your Dorfs use Hammers, oh well now i have to wait until the trees grow back, that could take some time^^

Well maybe i just stick to iron until i find Magma, steel just uses more Charcoal from trees and i dont really have much of those.

Oh and i saw that Werewolves dont wear armor, so could i use Weapons below Iron level and make Weapontraps that deal with the WWs? Without armor they shouldnt really be able to block of much.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: January 23, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »

Were danger rooms fixed in this mod?
My dwarves have multiple cloaks on as well as full steel armor and I lost a dwarf to the wooden spears.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: January 23, 2011, 06:01:39 pm »

Are you sure they all had helms? Because caps cover only 1/2 of the head, and they still can get a headshot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: January 23, 2011, 07:33:52 pm »

Yup.
It doesn't really matter though since we have the training dummies.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: January 23, 2011, 07:56:58 pm »

Anyone got the circle .cvs files for quickfort? the fractal designs are fucking beautiful but i want some circle designs so i can make central shafts.

Nami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:50 pm »

Okay, first, Love the mod! Seriously, I play both it and Vanilla DF, mostly because it doesn't have the Mayday tile set, and I am very attached to said tileset, well that and it just has so many farmable plants (pages and pages) and weapon materials that it's a bit overwhelming, I mean it's easy in vanilla, Copper -> Iron -> Bronze -> Steel -> Addy but in Genesis there's different types of steel, and bronze, and then so many other metals boot, I have no idea what to make, or HOW to make them, actually, so many different types of forges, again, overwhelming compared to the simple Wood Burning -> Smelter -> Forge of Vanilla, again.
Which reminds me, is Sun Gold any good as an armor/weapon metal?  Because I think it's kicking, at least to look at, and since it means that I get to steal trade with the elves, I'm all for it.

EDIT: Also, was going through the domestic animal raws, editing the caste names to the male/females are distinct, just cause, and I noticed the boars have the MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE tag, which confuses me because boars (which pigs are descended from) have litters, wild boars have about 4-6 per litter.  And pigs can have way more.  Also, goats usually have twins or triplets.

Also, how do training dummies work, exactly, I wanted to assign dwarfs to them, but the things wouldn't let me D<!  So they just sat there until I got annoyed and deconstructed them.
Oh, and a final question, whats a .cvs file, and how do I use them?  I have particular designs that I use for residential districts, crypts, and hospitals, and I hate repeating them over and over.

Again,  love the mod, I've watched all of the genesis adventure vids n-n (you need to talk to the monsters about attacking testicles, and phallus', and breasts, by the way.  They have problems.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:48:46 pm by Nami »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: January 23, 2011, 09:55:59 pm »

Dummies require an unconsumed training weapon of the appropriate type.

Nami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: January 23, 2011, 10:07:10 pm »

and then does someone automatically start smacking it?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: January 23, 2011, 10:22:52 pm »

You assign it like a workshop...just make it so only one person can use it through the management window and create the job to train

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4708 on: January 24, 2011, 12:36:23 am »

Okay, first, Love the mod! Seriously, I play both it and Vanilla DF, mostly because it doesn't have the Mayday tile set, and I am very attached to said tileset, well that and it just has so many farmable plants (pages and pages) and weapon materials that it's a bit overwhelming, I mean it's easy in vanilla, Copper -> Iron -> Bronze -> Steel -> Addy but in Genesis there's different types of steel, and bronze, and then so many other metals boot, I have no idea what to make, or HOW to make them, actually, so many different types of forges

Be sure to check the Genesis wiki! http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals
I like to order black steel and red steel from the mountainhomes, it's reasonably cheap, and then have a few nice Red Steel Daggers to do the things that common Cobalt Spears just can't do.
Embarking with Ilmenite helps you make that Black Steel.
Sun Gold could be called "elf steel". And Ironwood-wood is metal-hard straight off the tree, and becomes iron-class Spellwood metal in the elves' clean little hands.

Workshop tips: http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/workshops
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:38:29 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: January 24, 2011, 04:32:10 am »

i'm pretty sure the plant section on wiki is outdated/incomplete.
as so i gave up referring to it, just reading the raw.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:35:43 am by Lamphare »
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 642