Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229731 times)

recluser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4635 on: January 18, 2011, 12:56:30 pm »

I wonder why do people have so many problems with them.

Perhaps this can explain part of the issue:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4636 on: January 18, 2011, 02:34:27 pm »

Werewolves are not building destroyers, and they can't lockpick, so you can just lock the doors. I wonder why do people have so many problems with them.
I never use doors or two-floodgate airlocks; just traps. Really can't bother with siege engines either.

Recently I've been trying some roguelikes (had Moria/Nethack/ADoM in years past, even Moria on 7 MHz 1 MB Amiga).
I've installed Angband(Moria, much larger levels than 80x25), ToME (comes with tileset and sound effects, can edit .lua raws), Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

Now back to see how ADoM has changed. (Huh, its latest version is from 2002 and there's a windows wrapper "ADoM Sage" for it now.) Still a decent system, attributes and skill potentials go up from using and at level-up. Special rooms are nice. There is weapon-crafting and arrow-making. Booby-trapped locked doors explode upon kicking, destroying your items... dip the "enchant weapon" scrolls into "holy water" to bless them... and starving to death is a real possibility, especially when playing a troll.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:37:09 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: January 18, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »

Beware the almighty jackal.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »

Werewolves are not building destroyers, and they can't lockpick, so you can just lock the doors. I wonder why do people have so many problems with them.
I find poltergeist-like instant door locking that keeps out a majority of creatures that come knocking a cheap way to survive. I never use doors to keep out hostiles, it's always a bridge.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: January 18, 2011, 07:24:41 pm »

Is spellwood a powerful type of tree? I'm seeing this amazingly detailed spellwood spear for trade wand wonder if it's really worth it.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: January 18, 2011, 08:01:49 pm »

Is spellwood a powerful type of tree? I'm seeing this amazingly detailed spellwood spear for trade wand wonder if it's really worth it.

Spellwood is technically a metal, game RAW wise. It is the elves' answer to metal. As I understand it, it's in the game so that they can actually have a weapon that does damage through metal armor.

EDIT: More detailed comparisons are on the mod's wiki, here: http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals
EDIT ^2 - and as noted below, the chart says that spellwood is kinda crap for weapons/armor. Melt it down and turn it into cages, sez I.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:02:51 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: January 18, 2011, 09:12:10 pm »

Which based on that chart...is crap...spellwood is precious and I would recommend it for decoration if not using Sun Gold (or use both)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4642 on: January 18, 2011, 09:48:46 pm »

Also, Ironwood is metal-strong wood material straight off the tree, so it makes good shields and bolts. The silly elves enchant it to be more malleable and it becomes Spellwood.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: January 19, 2011, 09:04:29 am »

Yeah, chart sez spellwood is kinda crap. Does it even actually get through decent armor?
I say melt it and reforge it. Mint coins with it or something.

Ack! I just got sieged by centaurs. They brought 9 wolves with them.

That wasn't the problem. The problem is that all 9 were female! What gives? Has something sneaky been done to wolves in this mod? I wanted wolves of my very own to add to the zoo.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:06:27 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: January 19, 2011, 09:21:37 am »

humm, hope this isn't the wrong place but i have two question:

firstly, i LOVE when things burn, except when that thing is my wagon right off the embark, i've looked on something that can have started the fire, and have found that there are "fireball pick" and "fireball axe"... what? is that normal or i have screwed something?

secondly, this probably is the millionth time this question's asked, how i can change the embarking race in fortress mode? i've read about the token, but in the entity_default file there's nothing like sasquatchs, that is the only civ i've managed to embark with...
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: January 19, 2011, 09:37:26 am »

humm, hope this isn't the wrong place but i have two question:

firstly, i LOVE when things burn, except when that thing is my wagon right off the embark, i've looked on something that can have started the fire, and have found that there are "fireball pick" and "fireball axe"... what? is that normal or i have screwed something?

secondly, this probably is the millionth time this question's asked, how i can change the embarking race in fortress mode? i've read about the token, but in the entity_default file there's nothing like sasquatchs, that is the only civ i've managed to embark with...

Sounds like you doubled up an entry or two. You get random weirdness like fire axes and dragonfly civilizations when you do that.
[/quote]

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: January 19, 2011, 09:48:17 am »

Sounds like you doubled up an entry or two. You get random weirdness like fire axes and dragonfly civilizations when you do that.

aww, yes, i'm an idiot, the error log show a ton of duplication problem, after a fresh install everything went better...

but in fact i kinda liked the idea of a fireball axe...
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: January 19, 2011, 10:41:52 am »

aww, yes, i'm an idiot, the error log show a ton of duplication problem, after a fresh install everything went better...

but in fact i kinda liked the idea of a fireball axe...
screw axe the fireball pick sounds like layers of pain to dig in.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: January 19, 2011, 11:00:24 pm »

Yeah, I disabled their web for now, it cause too much trouble for your own dwarves. Obsidian dwarves shoot fireballs at will, so careful with booze/forest fires. Aspid dwarves no longer have a paralyzing breath, but they have a poisonous bite.
well, are obsidian dorfs still lightsources?

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: January 20, 2011, 01:29:23 am »

Hey guys. Is this mod playable for newcomers in Fortress Mode? Im playing since 2 weeks now and wonder if this mod makes the Game a lot harder or not with the new seemingly agressive races like Werewolves.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 642