Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229491 times)

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4560 on: January 10, 2011, 11:21:39 pm »

oh goog I never had my pc blue screen this much attempting to play fort mode.
some how werewolves with military commander (and some other Military nobles) that I can control a invading army of the creatures keeps killing my pc, or was it the adventurer case I made from the display case? Either reason what I didn't expect is my pc to crash than just DF failing to play.

I have the same problem here. Did you solved your problem yet?

What is your operation system/memory?

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:14 pm »

I think this may sound abit of weird or to futuristic ...
uranium and acid?
Desu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: January 11, 2011, 12:57:25 am »

Yeah, I have a music for my mod, Interesting. Try to run the sound files from the /data/sound/ folder. Can you hear them? You probably don't have needed codecs or something, the RESTARTING computer is definitely a windows problem (switch off system restarts on critical errors in your windows perfomance settings).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: January 11, 2011, 01:46:16 am »

oh goog I never had my pc blue screen this much attempting to play fort mode.
some how werewolves with military commander (and some other Military nobles) that I can control a invading army of the creatures keeps killing my pc, or was it the adventurer case I made from the display case? Either reason what I didn't expect is my pc to crash than just DF failing to play.

I have the same problem here. Did you solved your problem yet?

What is your operation system/memory?
problem solved no I just gone back to my non-war ready versions of centaurs and werewolves and try to get an adventurer in to a fort... which I found out is IMPOSSIBLE when the game will no matter which civ you choose will dump you in any random town. god the Ezsalivention elves have a thing for shoving 40 hamlets/forts per tile the map shows ends up like this.

Code: [Select]
oooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooo
o=forts

=========
==========
=========
==========
=============
==========
===========
======
= equal hamlets
that shouldn't be a annoyance if it wasn't for the fact the first dwarf was in a keeper town and I plan on using a adventurer to move the first adventurer dwarf into the abandon NPC fort to start this test... 
god the one thing floating in my mind "is there got to be a way to Travel on water.
There go to be If I can possess, charm, zombify, and strip soul from a body then ask who kill it for a quick quest, then fast walking through water should be possible." oh well better just rng the spot close enough to the spot I need to move the primary adventurer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4564 on: January 11, 2011, 10:11:15 am »

2)  The void master tile is a bit of a train-wreck (too complex), I included two alternate tiles at the bottom of the file, if anyone wants to try them instead.  I'm not amazingly thrilled with how the Gith tile looks, either.

I think the Void master's specialty is the force fields (steel tissue to simulate magic), which in my worlds enables them to ignore all traps, and the flying. So I'd prefer their icon to show the forcefields.

When I try to embark a newly created world (right after pressing "e"), my computer restarts (blue screen). Adventure and Legend mode work flawlessly. It doesnt matter if I create a pocket world either, it simply crashes.
I had two "DF quits unexpectedly" crashes yesterday on pressing e for embark! I have a world that seems to crash on embark. Made a world with no magma nor bottom layer. Maybe it is the new centaurs. Maybe centaurs require demon rulers, do they have leadership positions defined? Hmm what's centaur history txt look like..
Oh man it's a new ruler every year for (one civ of) centaurs! full of "*** New Line, Never Married No Children" too. They have a max-age problem or what?
Oh well, other centaur town had longer-lived lawgivers.

I always have sounds off, and never had an embark crash until merged 3.18e's changes into my folder.

god the Ezsalivention elves have a thing for shoving 40 hamlets/forts per tile the map shows ends up like this.
Those symbols indicate the town's surrounding farmland. It's not actually that many hamlets. In vanilla DF the humans got the farmland.

ps. Deon... might be nice if the altar of nature had a 20% chance to give a plant that can be brewed, instead of "mandrake root seed". I suck at reactions modding.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:24:49 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: January 11, 2011, 02:32:13 pm »

2)  The void master tile is a bit of a train-wreck (too complex), I included two alternate tiles at the bottom of the file, if anyone wants to try them instead.  I'm not amazingly thrilled with how the Gith tile looks, either.

I think the Void master's specialty is the force fields (steel tissue to simulate magic), which in my worlds enables them to ignore all traps, and the flying. So I'd prefer their icon to show the forcefields.

Good point. 

The current tile is a passable rendition of this guy, which is what the Void Masters were originally based on. But the tile is too complex to look like much of anything unless you know what it's supposed to be.

Do you want to do a rendition of the current Genesis Void master?  Or I can, doesn't matter.  An aura of some kind seems the easiest way to show force fields, but I don't know.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: January 11, 2011, 10:11:54 pm »

The world age can start at year 2, and end at year 1050. That is before you start playing on it.

If you create a young world, at year 2, for example, the game will not generate data for their parents, their sons, daughters and stuff. Not just yet.
It might be affected by "Cull Unimportant Historical Figures" or something on World Creation.

Basically, as you start playing, they start making friends, enemies, marrying, making children and so on. That is procedurally generated on world creation automatically, but if  you play on adventure mode, I dont think the game keeps procedurally generating history like it would in world creation. If you play Dwarf Fortress, then I think it does, the world evolves, everything changes and so on.

So a good idea, is to start in an old world, where everybody has its genealogic tree, who they met, who they killed, what they did, what group they were part of, who they married, who were their children, etc.

But, you can also start in a young world, with just 2 years. at this point civilizations are just starting to flourish, and as you play Dwarf Fortress mode, after many years (like 200 or so playing hours through one or multiple different fortresses) eventually civilizations will reach each other boarders and start their socialization. I generated many worlds with the same settings but distinctions in the age, and I noticed that civilization will grow steadily and at around year 25-50 their territories should start encompassing each others. At around year 100, I got many conflicts going on.

At year 1050, you run the risk of having multiple races extincted, thats why I prefer to start in worlds with just 2-25 years, unless thats what you want.

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: January 12, 2011, 05:11:43 am »

Deon, I have a question regarding the resolution/tilesets.

I started reading about Bisasam tilesets. I know that your mod has 3 tileset versions, phoebus, ironhand (the most popular) and the ASCII one.

I notice that when I scroll up and down with the mouse, the text and tilesets get very tiny, more stuff is covered on the screen, but still, I cant read the text.

So I read those init.txt files and there is mention of resolutions and stuff. I saw that the ironhand version and phoebus version currently uses:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could you please tell me if there is a way to increase it? I have no FPS problems with the game whatsoever and I can run it at 1920x1080, etc.
I would like to run the game and the biggest/best resolution/graphics. Is there any way for me to currently improve/tweak these inits while still playing your awesome mod? Is there any Ironhand/Phoebus 24x24 version or something?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: January 12, 2011, 07:14:40 am »

No, phoebus is 16x16 and ironhand is 18x18, so it's hard to read when it's small.

Once Baughn fixes the .ttf support and incorporates tileset switching with zoom it won't be a problem.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: January 12, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »

it's a little good to see other folks having the same problem. it just that now my old version of genesis is preventing me from fort mode.

so I wonder should it be safer to brand the new version of genesis an Adventure only mod until someone fix this?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: January 13, 2011, 12:26:27 am »

One problem, i cant seem to find a readme file of genisis in any of the three current prepackages, that is not from the original unmodded version.
could someone post it somewhere please?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: January 13, 2011, 12:31:26 am »

Do you mean the .xml file with plant/creature/metal stats? I updated the mod a lot (thanks to TomiTapio, he narrowed a lot of problems and suggested a lot of fixes) so the old XML files would lie to you :). However the wiki has some useful info, did you check it?

it's a little good to see other folks having the same problem. it just that now my old version of genesis is preventing me from fort mode.

so I wonder should it be safer to brand the new version of genesis an Adventure only mod until someone fix this?
I'm pretty sure that you two are the only guys who have the blue screen problem. I personally didn't EVER see any mod to cause a BS on any of my PCs and laptops, so it sounds pretty specific.

Anyway, I am trying to say that "someone" won't fix it until it's a clear bug report on my raws (and I so far see no errors in raws at all) or submit this as a software/hardware conflict with system specs on Mantis. I would suggest submitting your bluescreening save on Mantis so Toady could see it, it may be something which comes from the code but is not noticeable for some reason in vanilla.

I must say that there were a few mod-only related bugs after DF2010 release and Toady One already fixed them because I submitted them, so you may try your luck here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:33:00 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: January 13, 2011, 03:48:52 am »

Deon,

between: Hemp, Nightshade, Ginseng, Rat Weed or Bloated Tuber cloth, wich one protects more against all kinds of damage?

I made 3 trousers and wear all of them at once, because Im at a freezing area... Does it increase protection by three times per area/cloth type?

Also, wich attributes increase by swimming? What about the Weaver, Clothier, WoodCutter, Herbalist, Brewer, WoodCrafter, Bone Carver skills? Wich attributes do they increase. I cant find clear information on it. Nothing on the wiki about adventure mode attributes/skills increase specifically.

What are the ways to increase Recuperation attribute? If I play with the fire bolts, hurt myself, heal after a while, repeat... should I increase recuperation? What are the garanteed ways to do so?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:53:35 am by Interesting »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: January 13, 2011, 08:37:24 am »

Currently all plant materials are the same. I thought about making different kinds of wood/cloth, but didn't come so far. Just let me tell you, that all of them are inferior against more or less serious weapons :). Yes, a multiple layers of cloth better protect vs. hits, but I am not sure about cold... I think a single layer is usually enough.

Before DF2010 each time you leveled up a skill you got a chance to level up one of your attribute.

After the appearance of many new attributes there is a connection between skill levels and attributes leveling.

It's on the wiki: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Attribute
Look at the "Skills and associated attributes" section.

I cant find clear information on it. Nothing on the wiki about adventure mode attributes/skills increase specifically.
Huh, the first place I checked was the "attribute" page, I guess you didn't try to search it long enough :).

What are the ways to increase Recuperation attribute?
It's on the wiki: "Nothing trains Disease Resistance, Recuperation, or Musicality". So you have to start with them high if you want them high.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: January 13, 2011, 09:33:35 am »

By the way, I've made a new kobold graphics. I plan to revise some other tiles too, but didn't make it yet.

Basically my old kobolds looked like teddybears or something... It didn't capture the "vile", "rodent" and "skulking" feel at all.

Here are the new kobolds. They are partially inspired by Fault's design in his awesome comic (effigies, you gotta see that http://effigies.smackjeeves.com/).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 642