Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229309 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4530 on: January 09, 2011, 03:43:03 am »

It's a DF problem, press TAB to see the correct lists. You can see horses and other weird stuff there too, I don't know what causes it, but it happens in every mod I played.

Just one question : What is a dungeon keeper (assigned from the nooble menu) , and yet why there are so many pigeons >.< (nah my fps didn't dropped but they filled a page from the unit list , and If so are they tamable ? )
I may want to tweak pigeons down, but I think you just settled in a very favorable biome for them.

hey um... there's something messed up in the DF program you've got uploaded for the ASCII, it's extremly slow for no real reason, and dwarves do nothing but haul.  They won't pick up equipment, build or anything.
That's weird. I will reupload with a clean install soon, there could be some problem from constant copypasting over versions :). But you're wrong here, I've just tested a small world on ASCII version and they dig and build normally.

I really wonder where do you dig SUCH problems, guys. They are totally not mod-related.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 09, 2011, 07:37:58 am »

Just one question : What is a dungeon keeper (assigned from the nooble menu) , and yet why there are so many pigeons >.< (nah my fps didn't dropped but they filled a page from the unit list , and If so are they tamable ? )
Yep they are tameable.  The dungeon keeper used to be needed before 31.x Dwarf Fortress to tame exotic animals, it's broken in the current vanilla version.  He just trains animals if you appoint him, needs a couple of rooms later but doesn't make any demands I think.

As I said in my other post, a centaur siege appeared during a demonic siege and attacked them.  Just in the middle of a demonic siege and get 'An ambush! Curse them!' message which is an illithid ambush, which goes and attacks the demons.  Is this a bug or can evil races be at war with each other?  I haven't had any other ambushes/sieges coincide so not sure if it's just demons that everyone hates or if other races will attack each other.  Haven't had any problems with multiple caravans meeting each other.

On another note, made a balor, thunderbird and chocolate roast worth 100k dwarf bucks.  Mmmm, tastes like burning.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 09, 2011, 11:01:36 am »

Yep they are tameable.  The dungeon keeper used to be needed before 31.x Dwarf Fortress to tame exotic animals, it's broken in the current vanilla version.  He just trains animals if you appoint him, needs a couple of rooms later but doesn't make any demands I think.

As I said in my other post, a centaur siege appeared during a demonic siege and attacked them.  Just in the middle of a demonic siege and get 'An ambush! Curse them!' message which is an illithid ambush, which goes and attacks the demons.  Is this a bug or can evil races be at war with each other?  I haven't had any other ambushes/sieges coincide so not sure if it's just demons that everyone hates or if other races will attack each other.  Haven't had any problems with multiple caravans meeting each other.

On another note, made a balor, thunderbird and chocolate roast worth 100k dwarf bucks.  Mmmm, tastes like burning.

Looking through legends at demons which escape from hell, I see quite a few who take over an evil civ and attack other civs with it. I remember one who took over a demon civ, slaughtered roughly 2000 snakemen before being killed by an illithid voidmaster. So it seems that evil civs do fight each other.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:06 am »

They fight each other. They are too different and evil to agree :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: January 09, 2011, 12:09:46 pm »

Oh god, I don't think I can remove mounting... Now imaging a centaur MOUNTING A HORSE is a terrific view... And with all those genitals flopping around it really sounds terrible.

How else did you expect centaurs to be produced?

Can a singe caste of a species be made pet and trainable? Because then that could work.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: January 09, 2011, 12:20:35 pm »

I'm trying it now (the mod :P), I plaued it before but I had no idea what I was doing than...

I like most things in the OP, except the castes :S It would be better if DT could recognize them so I can actually use them (and the aspid, gloom, moss and ice all seem kinda the same to me.. plus the fact that steel dwarves sound like:''everything else now sucks in fighting'')

But I'm still gonna try it :)

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: January 09, 2011, 12:33:08 pm »

On Ice Dwarves: Are Ice dwarf migrants supposed to arrive with medical skills, or just learn them quickly?  Same question applies to Obsidian, but with Furnace Operating and etc.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: January 09, 2011, 12:49:34 pm »

Wait, did I just hear RuneScape music ? nice (the music, not RuneScape :P) reminds me of my cake making days :S

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4538 on: January 09, 2011, 01:43:58 pm »

My game crashed right after a centaur siege appeared. That was my first Fun fortress. Water was frozen year-round so I had to live off the caravans. Anyway, great mod. Goodbye Beachedchambers, hello Keepertongs.
Set the autosave on, that way crashes make you lose less.

init/d_init.txt
[AUTOSAVE:SEASONAL]
[AUTOBACKUP:YES]

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Dungeon_Master
is the noble who enables you to tame and train PET_EXOTIC animals. But PET_EXOTIC is bugged, doesn't work, so exotics are set to PET in Genesis.

BTW, which civ should only send ambush squads, and never siege?
Also, it's apparently possible to get a DWARF SIEGE from merchant/diplomat killing. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Talk:Invader
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:54:32 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: January 09, 2011, 01:45:46 pm »

Yeah. I thought I had autosave on.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: January 09, 2011, 02:12:26 pm »

got a fresh install works normally now.  Awesome mod... just wish I didn't die before all the races showed up :P
Nom nom nom

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: January 09, 2011, 02:57:03 pm »

Wait, did I just hear RuneScape music ? nice (the music, not RuneScape :P) reminds me of my cake making days :S
You confused me here... The menu music is from Ultima Online (Stones, a bit edited + other soundtracks from Ultima follow it) and the game music is from Warcraft 2.

I'm trying it now (the mod :P), I plaued it before but I had no idea what I was doing than...

I like most things in the OP, except the castes :S It would be better if DT could recognize them so I can actually use them (and the aspid, gloom, moss and ice all seem kinda the same to me.. plus the fact that steel dwarves sound like:''everything else now sucks in fighting'')

But I'm still gonna try it :)
Steel dwarves are rare and they have a fixed speed, so actually some of other dwarves may be better because of a great speed. Also ice dwarves are only learn medical skills faster; moss dwarves though heal really quick.

On Ice Dwarves: Are Ice dwarf migrants supposed to arrive with medical skills, or just learn them quickly?  Same question applies to Obsidian, but with Furnace Operating and etc.
Migrant skills are pretty random. Those castes learn appropriate skills with 250% rate.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:59:03 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: January 09, 2011, 03:16:57 pm »

Yeah I just peered through the raws and checked on that.  By the way, I also noticed that jade dwarfettes had a learning rate of:
138::60:12:120.  Now I have no idea what this means, but in the interests of gender equality I changed it to :
180:60:12:120 the same as the males.  I also noticed that male gloomer naturally appeared almost twice as often as female gloomers, ( 9 to 5 respectively). 

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: January 09, 2011, 04:52:20 pm »

BTW, which civ should only send ambush squads, and never siege?
Well kobolds already do that I guess.   ;D  Although they seem pretty useless at fighting, I had a civilian get ambushed and he just ran around dodging their blows until my novice/average skilled military turned up and tore them apart.  Though it's nice to have something that's not too hard to fight. :P

Just wanted to say I quite like the castes, makes stuff a bit more interesting.  I have been playing on a grassy/forested zone though for the first time in ages and have managed to set the outdoors on fire several times and melting some of my military.  On the plus side one time I did that to a kobold ambush squad and the flames took out enough of a demonic siege that turned up at the same time to make them retreat off the map \o/

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: January 09, 2011, 08:14:28 pm »

Just generated a smaller world with minimum sites/beasts, low civs, very long history and max savagery.

There were 5 Ezrakim Elf ages, 9 Dwarven ages and 11 Golden Ages. The Elves mentioned earlier and the Dwarves are the only surviving races apparently. The worldgen ended on the Ninth Age of Dwarves. I love this game so much, the overlooked things (legends ftw) are actually some of the richest things in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 642