Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229503 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4500 on: January 07, 2011, 01:58:52 am »

They have the same triggers: when you hit 20 dwarves they should come. However since 3.18e they come only in winter (before that they came any and every season). However there will be centaurs in the summer (only), again after 20 dwarves, and they have some weapons and armor, and nice bows.

So you should have spring and autumn free from sieges (until you get demonic/illithid sieges), I've made it this way so you could get traders and migrants.
so all I need to do is change the come in winter to come when ever and embark hack the number of dwarfs to 20 and enjoy my werewolf burgers with my werewolf table in the hall of werewolf which has a statue of a stuff Jacob in a fetal position.
though I shouldn't go too insane on the wolf attacks until I find out how to turn a abandon fort into a retirement site with out removing all the work I put into it while still be able to retire in it again.
it got to be the perfect flux of reusable site for the merging of both adventurer mode and fort mode. hopefully I can find this out before toady makes due with the caravan mod and makes my discovery pointless.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

draconis307

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: January 07, 2011, 02:00:36 am »

Deus ex Machina, yes you can just change them back to the default ones .

Would the converse work? Just cutting the castes out and pasting them into a copy of vanilla?
Yes. You will also miss breasts/genitalia this way, but you won't get any castes.

Oh, no, I meant: What if I copy castes from Genesis into the files of vanilla DF? Will I have working castes, but not everything else?

Sorry for the mix-up.
I'm pretty new to DF in general, but I'm fairly sure that would cause an error, since all the dwarf castes (and pretty much everything else applicable) in the mod call on the MALEGEN and FEMALEGEN body parts defined in the body_faerun.txt file. You'd need to at least copy that file over as well, or delete those body parts from the creature tags, I think. Granted I haven't checked, so there may be more things like that which would make copying it over difficult.

Also, Deon I noticed how you expanded metals and metal working for dwarf mode and I started wondering if you were planning on expanding it further. Other alloys and such. Maybe add in bog iron gathering to round out that huge selection in iron production. Though I wouldn't know exactly how that would be accomplished... Maybe a 'farm' style building that requires outdoors which produces unrefined bog iron.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: January 07, 2011, 07:14:55 am »

wait why temperature and weather are disabled?

I saw those with a No in the d_int file (ye i was trying to disable cave ins  :P)

EDIT: I think its disabled because of the possible fps drop on older machines
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:17:52 am by Qinetix »
Desu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: January 07, 2011, 10:20:09 am »

Well they were disabled because I was testing the changes with siegers and without temp. and weather the game runs faster :). I just forgot to set it back.

Deus ex Machina, yes you can just change them back to the default ones .

Would the converse work? Just cutting the castes out and pasting them into a copy of vanilla?
Yes. You will also miss breasts/genitalia this way, but you won't get any castes.

Oh, no, I meant: What if I copy castes from Genesis into the files of vanilla DF? Will I have working castes, but not everything else?

Sorry for the mix-up.
I'm pretty new to DF in general, but I'm fairly sure that would cause an error, since all the dwarf castes (and pretty much everything else applicable) in the mod call on the MALEGEN and FEMALEGEN body parts defined in the body_faerun.txt file. You'd need to at least copy that file over as well, or delete those body parts from the creature tags, I think. Granted I haven't checked, so there may be more things like that which would make copying it over difficult.

Also, Deon I noticed how you expanded metals and metal working for dwarf mode and I started wondering if you were planning on expanding it further. Other alloys and such. Maybe add in bog iron gathering to round out that huge selection in iron production. Though I wouldn't know exactly how that would be accomplished... Maybe a 'farm' style building that requires outdoors which produces unrefined bog iron.
Yes, you copy-paste the whole "dwarf" creature, replacing the vanilla ones. Then you have to deal with genitals and breasts.
1) If you want to get rid of them, remove MALEGEN, FEMALEGEN and 2BREASTS from the body definitions within castes.
2) If you're okay with them, just copy body_faerun.txt along and it should work as it is.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: January 07, 2011, 03:28:33 pm »

Hey Deon,

I'm trying to get a handle on the graphics options. 

First, it looks like it's impossible to have different graphics for different castes, which means I'm going slightly crazy, 'cause I thought it could be done.

Second, do you know if the graphics stuff accepts custom noble positions (by the way, in the graphics_example file you have DUNGEON_NASTER instead of DUNGEON_MASTER)?

Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: January 07, 2011, 03:34:46 pm »

i had my first fort on this modd.

the kobolds ambushes and the dungeon keeper invasions fight each other most of the time they attack me. ie: the kobolds ambush my seigers.
i find this highly amusing. mind: it is a 2x2 tile map im on, because i needed to cut down alot of land to preserve the precious FPS since im just figuring stuff out on this version. so might be that they are just bound to run into each other. eather way, nice work Deon its definatly a good modd.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: January 07, 2011, 06:14:53 pm »

deon i was using the arena messing around when i noticed somthing about the asp aparently they have no genders.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: January 08, 2011, 01:18:36 am »

will we be able to mine in adventure mode =3 ?
Desu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: January 08, 2011, 04:27:11 am »

Hey Deon,

I'm trying to get a handle on the graphics options. 

First, it looks like it's impossible to have different graphics for different castes, which means I'm going slightly crazy, 'cause I thought it could be done.

Second, do you know if the graphics stuff accepts custom noble positions (by the way, in the graphics_example file you have DUNGEON_NASTER instead of DUNGEON_MASTER)?

Yes, it does. And thanks for the info, it was a typo :).

will we be able to mine in adventure mode =3 ?
It only depends on Toady, because it's not moddable.

deon i was using the arena messing around when i noticed somthing about the asp aparently they have no genders.
Yes, they are supposed to have a queen "somewhere" but normally they are genderless, "drones".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: January 08, 2011, 07:48:48 am »

Thought I'd give the new version a try so have embarked on a warm location that should have access to all races which should be interesting.  I will report back with my findings if any. :P  The game did crash several times when I tried to gen a world with the highest amount of civs, don't know if that's a Genesis thing or just a vanilla issue again?

Just checked the wiki and I think the links for some of the images have expired, the plant and ironwork tables are only showing the file names to me.  Sorry if I'm being dense but they've worked fine for me previously, and the bronzeworking image shows ok.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: January 08, 2011, 09:18:47 am »

Weird, it may be some access issue.
Can you see this: http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/9/3/upload/3a023913.png ?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4511 on: January 08, 2011, 10:04:28 am »

Two settlements make their home near the magma sea...
(Deon: that image's server "is taking too long to respond". 15 minutes later it works.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:22:51 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: January 08, 2011, 11:37:25 am »

Weird, it may be some access issue.
Can you see this: http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/9/3/upload/3a023913.png ?
I just get

"The connection was reset     

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." with firefox both on that link and on the wiki page.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: January 08, 2011, 12:05:12 pm »

oh goog I never had my pc blue screen this much attempting to play fort mode.
some how werewolves with military commander (and some other Military nobles) that I can control a invading army of the creatures keeps killing my pc, or was it the adventurer case I made from the display case? Either reason what I didn't expect is my pc to crash than just DF failing to play.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:08 pm »

I don't know, there must be something wrong with your system, I don't get a single crash :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 642