Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229243 times)

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4470 on: January 04, 2011, 11:34:03 am »

whoa o.o , testicles and breasts , No comment , I just like it in adventure mode that I can craft things =3 (but I think cutting off testicles is fun )
Desu

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: January 04, 2011, 12:16:32 pm »

UNICORNS!!!!!??? oh man shit just got real

They better have posed as a team or there'll be hell to pay!
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: January 04, 2011, 01:02:34 pm »

Is a 'd' save okay to copy over? I'm guessing copying 'e' raw to the 'd' save wouldn't harm anything?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: January 04, 2011, 08:08:02 pm »

I find it weird that Genesis has the raptor, dragon raptor, monitor lizard, and warthog (among other exotic, dangerous creatures) as [TRAINABLE] (hunting and war), yet neither the alligator, nor cave crocodile, nor saltwater crocodile have [TRAINABLE] tokens. Granted, these were never trainable in Vanilla DF, either. But I see that as either an oversight or poor research. Anyway, why would the monitor lizard be trainable for hunting or war, where alligators and crocs would not?

For those who believe crocodilians are way too savage and primitive to learn trained behavior consider this:

Man swims with 17 foot Crocodile
Quote from: sariel52
I know about these guys.
Chito saved Pocho when he was near death. He was shot in the eye and left for dead. But Chito saw him and well pretty much took care of him til he got better. He feed him only fish and chicken. Once he got better they been friends ever since. And as you can see Pocho won't harm him because He knows that Chito saved his life.
Quote from: SlenderTroll
...Especially, because of the fact that the croc allows the man to flip him over, which portrays passive submission, something dogs will show to their owners when they lie on their backs.

Also:

ReptileBehavior.com > Crocodile Training

Crocodile Training is a useful tool in management of crocodilians in captivity and in the wild.  The most common behavioral problem that occurs and can be corrected with training is aggression.  Slight changes in feeding crocodilians in captivity is a start.

ReptileBehavior.com > Target training to reduce aggression in captive juvenile albino American alligators

Yahoo! Answers > Is there such thing as a "Trained Alligator" ?
Quote from: gimmenamenow
...Gatorland in Kissimmee Florida has been working on voice commands with crocodiles for years... it works, but note, trainers do not enter the pen empty handed.

Any animal will learn to do "tricks" for food. Even crocodilians.
Source(s):
20 years working with alligators.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:10:58 pm by Thundercraft »

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: January 05, 2011, 09:12:28 am »

Nac Mac Feegles.

bring on the boozing and the fighting and the stealing!

their one race i will always be requesting in this game.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: January 05, 2011, 01:25:08 pm »

Is a 'd' save okay to copy over? I'm guessing copying 'e' raw to the 'd' save wouldn't harm anything?
Hm, this may need a tweak... You may want to add a placeholder HARMLESS_MINNOW creature because I renamed them to CREATURE:PIRANHA. Otherwise it's okay.

Nac Mac Feegles.

hehe, I am adding a new skulking race but I didn't find a good name. I didn't want to go "casual dnd" wigh gnolls or gibberlings... So this could work! I wouldn't use the whole name because it's too long for display, but feegles or pictsies should work, what do you think? :)
I won't be able to make their swords to glow blue when they see lawyers though :(.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:28:12 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

draconis307

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: January 05, 2011, 01:42:30 pm »

I'm relatively new to Dwarf Fortress and I just registered on the forums to let you know I think this mod is awesome! Especially the Adventure mode crafting (I play DF mostly for the adventure mode, though I have dabbled with fortresses from time to time).

I have noticed a few weird things, such as certain craftables not being usable by some races. This may be intentional in some cases, such as all armor (in my experience) made by a werewolf character being too small (because they're suppose to rely on their hide and natural weapons, if I'm not mistaken?). But I noticed that naga characters can't wear the bone gauntlets or leather gloves they make. Maybe it has something to do with the multiple arms?

Also very amused to see that serpent folk could were a single boot on their tail. Makes me wonder if high boots also protect their lower bodies (assuming no, based on the wiki's description of the UPSTEP tag)

Oh, and some of the custom races seem to be lacking throats. Makes it rather difficult to strangle a salamander outlaw before he breaths fire on you =p

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4477 on: January 05, 2011, 02:21:53 pm »

hehe, I am adding a new skulking race but I didn't find a good name. I didn't want to go "casual dnd" wigh gnolls or gibberlings... So this could work! I wouldn't use the whole name because it's too long for
Pictons? Ittites?
How about a half-alligator/croc caste to the lizardfolk? With wrestling and biting skills.

The Barghest goblins are skulking enough I think, might add a giant barghest.
Oh and an ogre civ might be fun but there is so much sieges already.
Also... mint tea and beet juice showed up in "extracts" category, I think they should be drinks.

being too small (because they're suppose to rely on their hide and natural weapons, if I'm not mistaken?). But I noticed that naga characters can't wear the bone gauntlets or leather gloves they make. Maybe it has something to do with the multiple arms?

Oh, and some of the custom races seem to be lacking throats. Makes it rather difficult to strangle a salamander outlaw before he breaths fire on you =p
I think with nagas it is their total body size that is the main issue.
Have you played ADoM, a fine roguelike game?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:18:44 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

draconis307

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: January 05, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »

Honestly? Dwarf Fortress's Adventure mode is the first roguelike I've ever played. =\  I've heard of several in the past, but DF was the first to make me want to pick it up and try it out. Blame stories like the one about the BC and the fluffy wambler, and to a lesser extent epic figures like Cacame from Fortress mode games. =p

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: January 05, 2011, 04:25:07 pm »

Hm, this may need a tweak... You may want to add a placeholder HARMLESS_MINNOW creature because I renamed them to CREATURE:PIRANHA. Otherwise it's okay.

Nac Mac Feegles.

hehe, I am adding a new skulking race but I didn't find a good name. I didn't want to go "casual dnd" wigh gnolls or gibberlings... So this could work! I wouldn't use the whole name because it's too long for display, but feegles or pictsies should work, what do you think? :)
I won't be able to make their swords to glow blue when they see lawyers though :(.

:D

i think, so long as their better fighters than kobolds, have short swords, not always hostile -so you could say get along well with a clan, definatly an interesting goblin defence-, steal livestock when you have more than a breeding pair/its old and you add in the description line their swords glow blue at the presence of lawyers, im all for it ^^ and ide go for Pictsies for the civ name, feegles for the creature name. since feegles are a shortening of nac mac feegle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nac_Mac_Feegle
having some of terry pratchets descriptions of them would be the best i think though.
mind, thats just my thoughts, you probably cant do some of them. but a skulking race fits the bill perfectly.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4480 on: January 05, 2011, 04:48:59 pm »

What I know, is cattle stealing can't be done, and if a civ is thieving, it gets hated by everybody. So no "sometimes hostile" kobold-lookalikes :(
Edit: And embarking on friendly civ's town is no longer possible -- not a goblin defense anymore.
Edit: might be nice if the lizardfolk were sometimes friendly, I had that happen in DF 40dXX, they were hostile only on some worlds, thanks to ethics clashes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:57:25 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: January 05, 2011, 04:51:36 pm »

buggery.
wish i knew how to make creatures or ide try muck about and do this myself. try and get as much of their culture in without compromising on them.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4482 on: January 05, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »

Random unsupported guess:

They may be lacking the [INTELLIGENT] and [CAN_SPEAK] tags.  I believe that would flip them over into being treated like animals.  I'll follow up on this eventually (probably day after tomorrow) if no one else does first.
Eh, don't you remember your own illithids? :) None of them are intelligent or can speak, but they all can learn... except for the outpost brain. I've fixed it.

::), everyone's a critic... ;)

In Pratchett's books the wee free men have a pretty fearsome reputation, so it wouldn't be too surprising if you just weren't able to get along with them.

Does the tag that makes creatures drink your booze jive with the intelligent creature AI?  Because the feegles should definitely be able to get into your booze.  Also, they're really strong, so you might even consider giving them a buildingdestroyer tag.

If you did, people'd really regret it if they let them get their hands on anything valuable.  One or two thieves is not a problem, but crowds of sword wielding, booze drinking, building smashing ambushers would be a fearsome sight for just about any fortress!
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: January 05, 2011, 10:18:24 pm »

Heh, I like the Nac Mak idea.  (Not sure how much of this is actually doable but....) Instead of making them to where they walk in through the front gate and get spotted by the dogs and ran into the traps like all the other boring thieves, change it up. 

I would like to see a race that teleports into the middle of your fort steals a beer and takes it somewhere like the Meeting Hall or Kings Throne and drinks it there and then goes and grabs another.  Occasionally he could go down to your stockpiles and grab some really pretty bauble (read artifact or high quality / high value,) or maybe your best axemans shiny new axe, and carry it around for a while only to leave it laying on the floor or something when he needs another beer.  When you send your military after him he should scream insults at them and randomly teleport somewhere else in your fortress.  What would be really cool is if you could make them to where if you are nice to them and if you make really good beer they could help harass enemies and steal their weapons and armor, etc.  Maybe they will even call their friends and whole families will move in, breed, reproduce, and maybe, just maybe....they could eat cats?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:20:15 pm by Morwaul »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: January 06, 2011, 01:30:34 am »

I didn't want to start from scratch too quickly. I like my current seaside tower. Three seasons with 30-40 dwarfs and I still wasn't getting werewolves. I know they're in the world.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 642