Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228966 times)

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4440 on: January 01, 2011, 09:22:15 pm »

Thank you for the wiki link. <3

Darnit, my new fort caught fire too... and there's a leatherworker running away with a "who me?" sort of look...

Right, time to get some hot chocolate.

edit: the leatherworker turned around and ran back into the blaze he'd set with all the werewolves right there. Poor him.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:50:47 pm by abadidea »
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4441 on: January 02, 2011, 08:00:26 am »

Luckily there are no fire-breathing werewolves.. or weredragons/dragonkin.

Here's my comes-anytime Gray Dragon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which can go into my creature_custom_tt.txt
and can put
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:DRAGON_GRAY]
        [DEFAULT:STANDARD:0:11:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
into graphics/graphics_animals_standard.txt  to have same icon as red dragon. Shouldn't mess up an existing fort, it's just a new creature.
At first I had it be Pet&Mount but then a flayer siege came riding on 28 gray dragons and everybody BURNED.
Playtesting is required, heh.

ps. It's a shame that the randomly gigantic & muscular werewolf or flayer voidmaster are the toughest possible creatures in Genesis, with the exception of Bronze Colossus. Gigantic gives it more and more tissue thickness protecting the brain and organs.
That is, a siege can contain a few hostiles that are absolutely tougher than dragon/titan. A megabeast is rare and too easily handled by five metal-edged-weapon soldiers.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:12:08 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: January 02, 2011, 08:56:15 am »

Happy new year guys!

The "all females" issue in the Therapist comes from the fact that ANY non-"stone-dwarf-male" caste is considered to be female (because it checks not for real gender settings but for the caste name). In the game I usually get a balanced amount of males and females. Also it's pretty random, because even in vanilla I've got 6F 1M embark profiles pretty often. If anything, in the raws males are more frequent than females, so it's your favourite RNG.

I consider making weres a bit smaller as TomiTapio said. I also made centaurs a bit smaller than horses, because of the same issue: in armor and with weapons they become stronger than megabeasts if they are "muscular" and "gigantic" which is totally random.

I also consider adding quarter-megabeasts if you can call them like that. I mean creatures like semimegabeasts which come really early, to spice up the game a bit.

Hey Deon Would it be possible for you to add a  Basilisk megabeast? I'd try it my self but i suck at modding.It you do thanks i always wanted to fight a Basilik.
There are already Basilisks (cockatrices) as a type of serpentfolk. I can make a semimegabeast like that though... I am thinking of an eight-legged crocodile with a paralyzing breath. I agree that more semimegabeasts/megabeasts would be great, but I don't want all of them to be "dem dragons". More ideas are welcome :).

Sooo, I am still hanging out in the coutryside, but soon I will be back into the city and we'll get a release. Also I will work on Dwemer Fortress.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: January 02, 2011, 12:01:11 pm »

Peace and prosperity in 2011!

The battles of the settlement Bodicenight...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: January 02, 2011, 02:43:05 pm »

Should I be concerned about a lone outpost mind wrestler in the caverns? He was there when I embarked.
EDIT:Specified what type of illithid it is.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:46:31 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Spartan-67

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: January 02, 2011, 03:33:55 pm »

Is there a way to have Mayday graphics, and still have all the new unit graphics in this?
It is ineffecient, will accomplish next to nothing, and is complete overkill. It will also probably not work. In other words, dwarfy.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: January 02, 2011, 08:39:04 pm »

Is there a way to have Mayday graphics, and still have all the new unit graphics in this?
Yep. Command DF to use the Mayday tileset, and adjust all trees and plants to use the tiles Mayday's provides. It's a bit of a chore, would take Deon 1-2 hours as he's familiar with the tiles.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: January 02, 2011, 10:21:56 pm »

hmmm I having a odd problem not sure it you mod or my computer but it crashes when i use world gen history over 1050 mostly at 1850 or so going to try it with out the mod and see

Also how do you add weapon skill? I notice that there no skill for whips at all in adventure mode

*Edit* Normal game to I guess windows 7 doesn't like advance parameters
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:09:35 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: January 03, 2011, 10:42:14 am »

So I thought I was getting on ok after managing to withstand the first few werewolf sieges in year two, however during a siege I left the miners happily tunnelling away and broke into a cavern I had already discovered so no announcement message.  Cue a deadly dust forgotten beast getting in through that tunnel later on, I didn't check what the beast was like, sent my twenty melee military at him.  There are now only two of them alive, both steel dwarves after the rest rotted to death.  As have all my babies, children, nearly all my animals and another dozen or so civilians.  Most of the survivors from the rot are now blind, which I've just realised will be why most of my marksdwarves aren't shooting at the current siege!  Also found a game breaking bug!!  Blind dwarves can still use the library, unless the books are also written in braille?

And I noticed something a bit odd, several of my cage traps contained mutilated werewolf bodies or just skeletons - I thought once creatures were trapped they were sort of in suspension but I could be wrong, I haven't used cage traps in ages.

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: January 03, 2011, 11:10:37 am »

My windows 7 is fine with both advanced parameters and Genesis worldgen, maby it's a RAM problem?

Oh and Deon, does the Phoebus tileset use the stone layers feature? Just I know Genesis has some new soil/minerals and was wondering if the icons were adjusted.

Edit: I'd also like to know if it is possible to make picks out of bismuth, lead, nickel, nickel silver, lay pewter or zinc
Kind of sorted it, would still like to know, just I couldn't find weapon-grade metals for embark, did find copper nuggets though.

Too many spaced-out questions, anyway - Does being on a tiny island away from mainland with no civilisation but dwarves shown prevent seiges? Or traders for that matter.

And I just saw an Asp that said and I quote: 'It is very fat. It is very fat.'
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:43:20 am by Samohan25 »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: January 03, 2011, 12:19:09 pm »

Should I be concerned about a lone outpost mind wrestler in the caverns? He was there when I embarked.

Don't think so.  Outpost minds are pretty weak.  It does depend on how old it is, though.  The really ancient ones get quite large.  But even in the worst case it shouldn't be too big a threat.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: January 03, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

Too many spaced-out questions, anyway - Does being on a tiny island away from mainland with no civilisation but dwarves shown prevent seiges? Or traders for that matter.
Yes it probably will apart from dwarven traders.  When you are on the map screen while choosing your location if you press tab a few times the panel with the biome details will change to show different info, one of the panels shows all the civilisations that can reach you at the location you're looking at right then.  That's a vanilla feature so should work ok.  I think traders from your home civ can always reach you as long as dwarves haven't been killed off in world gen.

Hmm been under siege so long thieves have stolen items from a dead soldier outside my fortress and are now appearing as ambush squads outside, I only know they are there because they are announced by the werewolf siege squads and illithid ambushes who wipe them out.  Kobolds did kill a few illithid wrestlers though.  On the plus side I haven't seen any snakemen or demonic units yet even though they apparently do exist in this world.  Are sieges meant to appear while I am being sieged?  Even more werewolves have appeared I think three times now so I've got about six pages worth of them.  I might have to make some sort of death tunnel to lure them into rather than fight them with my military of five.  Or miltarise my entire population of 42 and train for two years.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: January 03, 2011, 01:28:38 pm »

Don't think so.  Outpost minds are pretty weak.  It does depend on how old it is, though.  The really ancient ones get quite large.  But even in the worst case it shouldn't be too big a threat.
A forgotten beast ended up killing it. And my fort.
Time to start an Ezrakim fort.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: January 03, 2011, 01:34:34 pm »

When I download the phoebus version and use winzip, it's never in the good docs... I mean, data, raw and sdl are not extisting, but everything else is here. What's the problem?

EDIT: I did it again and everything is working fine. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:20:53 pm by Shootandrun »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: January 03, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »

Apparently throwing 30 untrained wrestlers with a couple of miners and axedwarves mixed in against ~20 werewolves actually works, and only 4 losses!
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 642