Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228983 times)

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4425 on: December 31, 2010, 02:31:49 pm »

Out of my 31 dwarves, 26 are female. Only 2 of the 5 males are adults, both immigrents who came married. Is the male:female ratio screwed up or do I just have really bad luck? (I dislike baby-bearing armored chainsaws of doom, useing their baby-shields and tantraming after getting their offspring murdered.)

A quick look at mine suggests they're equal... I did once get a vanilla embark with 6 female and 1 male, so I guess it's possible by sheer luck.

Of course, I would love to have your fort, because I play the matriarchy  ;D  :-*
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: December 31, 2010, 03:13:43 pm »

dang I got two Black bears who follow a deity attack me, I Got MissionBearies.
there still alive and I recruited them using DFusion, but is it common for wild animals to follow gods?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4427 on: December 31, 2010, 06:40:55 pm »

there still alive and I recruited them using DFusion, but is it common for wild animals to follow gods?

Missionbearies... hilarious.

It appears that a lot of animals have been promoted to sentient monster status in this mod, I'm new at it so I dunno for sure.

Aaaaaand I just savescummed that siege six times.  :-X
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: December 31, 2010, 07:19:38 pm »

Missionbearies... hilarious.

It appears that a lot of animals have been promoted to sentient monster status in this mod, I'm new at it so I dunno for sure.

Aaaaaand I just savescummed that siege six times.  :-X
talking animals never pop up but I guess this is some forest spirit that can talk to these beast in their language. Though this doesn't stop me from gutting them apart so I see this as a feature. The journey was for to see if I can retire or visit a (hacked)fort in the middle of an ocean.
seeing Bear's of god might be a sign... I did walk over an ocean to get here.

hmm bogeyHumans and Missionbearies I don't know what I'm going to get next for companions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:34:57 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4429 on: December 31, 2010, 09:28:40 pm »

The front page says to check the readme about the new workshops buuuuuut there doesn't seem to BE a readme included in the download, soo.... which of the new workshops actually do something? And can dwarves at least "admire" my nice library, even if they're all illiterate?  :P

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: December 31, 2010, 11:11:10 pm »

wait just check the genders I got a Bearist and a NunBear.
"body swapping and YOU!"

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: December 31, 2010, 11:27:09 pm »

The front page says to check the readme about the new workshops buuuuuut there doesn't seem to BE a readme included in the download, soo.... which of the new workshops actually do something? And can dwarves at least "admire" my nice library, even if they're all illiterate?  :P
So, for the library, first you go to your tannery.  If you have some spare leather, you should see a reaction which says "Make vellums".  That'll make 5 vellums out of 1 leather, and vellums are classified as toys.  Then you build a scriptorium, and if you have vellum you should get a whole bunch of reactions available to have your dwarf write a skill guide.  Any sort of book will require two vellums.  Then once you have a book, the associated skill reaction should appear at the library.  They should admire it if the combined value of the materials and architecture multiplier is high enough.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #4432 on: January 01, 2011, 12:14:32 am »

So, for the library, first you go to your tannery.  If you have some spare leather, you should see a reaction which says "Make vellums".  That'll make 5 vellums out of 1 leather, and vellums are classified as toys.  Then you build a scriptorium, and if you have vellum you should get a whole bunch of reactions available to have your dwarf write a skill guide.  Any sort of book will require two vellums.  Then once you have a book, the associated skill reaction should appear at the library.  They should admire it if the combined value of the materials and architecture multiplier is high enough.

Thanks so much :D I was thinking, that if there wasn't a way to use this library, I was going to mod it myself...

thrithwig

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: January 01, 2011, 05:59:47 am »

Where can I find this mod for .31.16?

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: January 01, 2011, 11:06:53 am »

Deon, something catches me every time I'm making a world;  Ice on the planet extends well into the range of where it SHOULD have melted.  Is this a bug?
NOTE:  I found a patch of iceland on the very hottest part of the planet.  Odd? Yes.
It's just the way you set up your world generation. Check the temperature variance parameter and the amout of tundra/glacier biomes in the world region count.

I never edit the temperature or tundra/glacier part of the worldgen.  :l
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: January 01, 2011, 11:59:37 am »

Hey Deon Would it be possible for you to add a  Basilisk megabeast? I'd try it my self but i suck at modding.It you do thanks i always wanted to fight a Basilik.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4436 on: January 01, 2011, 06:11:06 pm »

Where can I find this mod for .31.16?
I think Genesis for .31.16 has been overwritten by the latest in the DFFD site.  I think the current raws might work for .31.16, give it a try.

Hey Deon Would it be possible for you to add a Basilisk megabeast? I'd try it my self but i suck at modding. If you do thanks i always wanted to fight a Basilik.
Sounds like fun but that would be another dragon-type beast. There's medusa and stonegazer in the lizardfolk enemies, they have a paralysis (can't breathe) attack.

When using Dwarf Therapist, I too have 80-90% females. Haven't checked in-game sex counts.

For workshops info, check Genesis' wiki at http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/workshops
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:12:53 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: January 01, 2011, 07:07:31 pm »

Tomi yeah i kinda figured that but i was thinking of the kind of Basilik from the second Harry Potter movie. You know the Gaint 400ft Snake that was as thick as two elephants with a posion that knocks the socks off of a medusa and or stonegazer. You know something to spice up Genesis even more. You know cause while there are a lot of semi megabeasts but only 6 (including the soon to be roc) megabeats are in Genesis. Sorry but i though i should seak my mind a bit.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4438 on: January 01, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »

I was thinking more about the NetHack basilisk (aka cockatrice)..
For my world i made a megabeast that comes any time, any land biome, at frequency 1 (very rare), without needing the actual megabeast trigger (and announcement). It's a Gray Dragon, a red dragon the size of two elephants. That I consider spicing it up, as megabeasts come very rarely.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: January 01, 2011, 08:55:19 pm »

Hmmmm that idea could work it would be very funny to add to a mod like this. You know just Making your fortress when sudnelly all your dwarfs are freaking out over a Gaint snakelike Basilisk or a smaller cousin to a dragon visting your fortress for a snack. I LOVE the idea! that's spicing it up man! God i want one right now! dude the more i think about it the more i like it. You don't get a warning so it can go to hell before you can stop it. Tomi thats a great idea to me.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 642