Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228554 times)

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ] - now with Phoebus tileset
« Reply #4290 on: December 20, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »

Is there any way I could get Genesis in a non rar file.
Which version do you want?
Phobeous 18d

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: December 20, 2010, 04:10:45 pm »

Not particularly relevant but I have found the best engraving!

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: December 20, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »

'scuse me, but what are towns on the map screen in adventurer?
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4293 on: December 20, 2010, 05:01:26 pm »

Same for me, I locked the doors and waited untill they left but even after training a military for 3 years they failed against them, markdwarves might be better against werewolves in a fledgling fortress.

The weres are made from tough flesh, like the crocodiles and dragons. They are pretty badass, but you can make weapon traps with quality mechanisms, and loooots of wooden cage traps.
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:TOUGHSTANDARD_MATERIALS] and they are 250-300 kilos like bears and small horses... personally I'd reduce their size. Don't think a few steel bolts will slow them down much.
Summary: they are fast bears with the martial skills of Batman and the muscles, tendons and bones of mythical beasts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:03:21 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: December 20, 2010, 05:11:58 pm »

'scuse me, but what are towns on the map screen in adventurer?
The towns look like crosses on the global map and they have yellow "block" tiles (shop districts) on the adventure travel map.

TomiTapio, do you get why do Steel dwarves have a fixed speed? I still didn't solve this riddle.

Not particularly relevant but I have found the best engraving!

Haha, that's like the most lucky elf ever! Usually balors burn you to ash in a moment.

Is there any way I could get Genesis in a non rar file.
Which version do you want?
Phobeous 18d
Okay, I will upload a ZIP for you soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:11 pm »

(insert infinite number of thank yous here)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: December 20, 2010, 06:13:23 pm »

21st Galena, 253, Late Summer
At last Swordraces is silent again, the howling is over.  It started seven days ago when the jungles surrounding us echoed with the bestial roars and howls of the werewolf nation at war on the full moon.  Otu Osmozomu, their greatest general, lead the charge, having taken with him at least forty of his folk as well as many sand lions and ant lions from their desert homeland.  Having found them more ferocious than we had been lead to believe in the mountainhomes, we had set up giant axe blade traps in our entrance hall and a kill zone for our marksdwarves.  Having learnt from our previous defence, they had even remembered their orders to take bolts with them.  A volley of granite bolts slowed the assault somewhat before our two squads of axe and spear dwarves were rushed by the horde.  Good dwarven steel proved a match for the slavering fangs for most of us, but two new recruits were torn apart by the beasts.  As the wave broke against our line we pushed forward, making for Otu.  Cog Forestconstruct the Ferocious Society of Gliding felled Otu with an axe to the head, it being her 24th wolf kill in the year and half since she migrated here.  Although the plan was sound, our militia commander Zan Bustcharms the Wilted Limb fell at the last while trying to finish the last sand lion.  Even Cog was driven back by the ferocious beast and it was only finished after the marksdwarves were ordered to leave their fortifications and clear the main gate.

Now after our celebratory feast of sand lion biscuits we will rebuild, the loss of their General should slow the wolves for now...

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: December 20, 2010, 06:25:39 pm »

I'm just wondering, is there a smaller tileset?  I like seeing more of the map than I can right now.
Please answer and thanks in advance.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: December 21, 2010, 12:59:43 am »

Damn you Deon and your fire-proof dwarf fixes.

Half of my 40 steel-clad dwarf military just died because one of them thought it would be a great idea to shoot a fireball at a turkey in the middle of a war. The resulting inferno pot-roasted 17 of the soldiers and did jack to the sieging Snakemen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: December 21, 2010, 01:13:59 am »

Half of my 40 steel-clad dwarf military just died because one of them thought it would be a great idea to shoot a fireball at a turkey in the middle of a war. The resulting inferno pot-roasted 17 of the soldiers and did jack to the sieging Snakemen.
Hehe, obsidian dwarves are better underground in their furnaces. I don't use them aboveground.

I'm just wondering, is there a smaller tileset?  I like seeing more of the map than I can right now.
There is none but I could work on one. Do you mean graphic set, tileset or both?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fomonuuyxo4y9hh
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: December 21, 2010, 04:30:01 am »

Hehe, obsidian dwarves are better underground in their furnaces. I don't use them aboveground.
So.. no herbalism, outdoor fishing, item or wood or refuse hauling for them either? Don't go to the depot?

Steel dwarf speed, no idea what, but I think with their supermuscles they should not be the agilest caste, maybe only 3rd agilest caste. I had icers as the speedy ones.

How does zooming in and out with mousewheel work for you?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:31:50 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: December 21, 2010, 06:48:04 am »

But did they get the turkey?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: December 21, 2010, 07:13:56 am »

Epic fowl: "real-life hobbits might have been hunted by giant storks, scientists find."
http://www.livescience.com/animals/hobbit-like-humans-hunted-by-giant-storks-101208.html

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: December 21, 2010, 09:07:28 am »

Will giant storks be added to the game soon then? Or are they already in  :)

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: December 21, 2010, 11:19:43 am »

There is none but I could work on one. Do you mean graphic set, tileset or both?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fomonuuyxo4y9hh

I'd like a graphical one.
A few suggestions, if I may, for the next update;
a no-fuel furnace that has to be operated in scorching temperatures (if possible.) Random, I know, but if you made a race of fire dwarves (Not fireball throwers. :P) they could use those somewhat.

And just curious, because in adventurer I see tons of towns on the map, but none of them, when I visit, have inhabitants.  This results, very quickly, in death by bogeymen.
(I did have a steel dwarf that killed off like 10, but then I died. :l)
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 642