Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228417 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18c ϟ]
« Reply #4245 on: December 19, 2010, 02:48:12 am »

3.18c, a pretty important patch because now all attack triggers are set properly so you will finally see werewolves again (trigger 0 was "immediately" in 40d and it's "never" in 2010, that's where I was confused).
Also, there are three new non-edible shrooms and plant tweaks by TomiTapio.

- 3.18c Attack/siege triggers are fixed, expect to see enemies earlier now; also werewolves will come; plant/plant products tweaked (TomiTapio tweaks).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4246 on: December 19, 2010, 04:39:09 am »

- 3.18c Attack/siege triggers are fixed, expect to see enemies earlier now; also werewolves will come; plant/plant products tweaked (TomiTapio tweaks).
Nice. Never did get the weres in Gen 3.18.

Adding to the wiki/workshops, I wonder do we still need
[REACTION:TRAIN_BOW][BUILDING:TRAINING_OBSTACLE:CUSTOM_B]
[REACTION:TRAIN_CROSSBOW][BUILDING:TRAINING_OBSTACLE:CUSTOM_C]
I guess the archery target bug(s) are long patched.

Altar of war: [REACTION:SACRIFICE_WAR1]
wait what, wooden weapon, or bone crossbow in, 50% chance steel/gold out??? Too generous! Maybe should only accept iron, bronze, steels. Or just 4% chance of gold.
And might be nice to rarely get black steel/red steel normal item from the sacrifice. Heh, nature altar giving you a copper bucket perhaps.
Perhaps altar would take in iron/steel and output red steel, that way Can Not sacrifice the superweapon you got.

I would like a "burn socks" reaction. More atomsmash-type reactions like "catapult the junk off our map!"
And maybe a way to free our barrels from zillions of animal fat/tallow. Sacrifice fat on nature altar! Out comes 12% chance coal.

ps. I don't use the Genesis workshops, except sometimes furnitureshop, grinder, swimmingpool, obstaclecourse. Oh and charcoal furnace is a must and finishing forge is Required.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:12:04 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: December 19, 2010, 04:52:09 am »

Yeah, too generous, thanks for pointing that out. I will see what I can invent for the fat/tallow.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: December 19, 2010, 06:03:52 am »

Some more thinking...
I wanna atomsmash seeds. If one doesn't farm (hunt & herbalism & trade), seeds are junk that takes one floor square or one bag.

What use could we get for the barrels of blood the caravans bring? Sacrifice, or dry it into a red dye? Barrels are always needed.
In the real world, blood is a valid cooking ingredient. Us Finns have blood pancakes and (in some regions) blood sausage. UK has blood sausage.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18d ϟ]
« Reply #4249 on: December 19, 2010, 06:37:11 am »

Tomi, your natural skills for all races made them all spawn as wrestlers (because they have a high wrestling skill from the start). I am removing it, let them have the skills the normal way :).

Also I've fixed the ice/obsidian castes so now both genders get increased proper skills growth.

- 3.18d Fixed the "everyone is wrestler" issue, obsidian/ice dwarves now get proper skill increase for both genders.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: December 19, 2010, 07:46:37 am »

How do training dummies work? I try to add a task but it just shows me a blank list.

I have the same problem, even with training axes for all soldiers it is blank, do the axes need to just be lying around?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: December 19, 2010, 07:48:51 am »

The training axes should be in a stockpile (or any other weapon) because they are used for a reaction.

Once they have a normal level skill, they train faster by sparring, so dummies are only good for total newbies.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: December 19, 2010, 08:14:24 am »

Thanks for that, guess it's down to DF that they can't make a reaction with the item they are currently holding, they have to place it in the workshop first.

Got a new problem, both sylvan and dusk elf caravans have come at the same time now for two years, does this impact anything? Will they properly use the same depot?

My mistake, it does give the option to choose the trader, is this mean to happen though? I could see fights breaking out between the elves after a while over tree ethics.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:02:57 am by Samohan25 »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: December 19, 2010, 10:21:10 am »

I'm somewhat computer dumb. I've been interested in playing the Genesis mod for a while. I've downloaded it, got the rar file, and tried a few things (obviously not everything), but can't seem to figure out what I have to do. What do?

Reading some of this thread in search for an answer has made me want to play this so much more.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: December 19, 2010, 10:29:03 am »

1. Download winrar or 7zip or something like that. (I suggest 7zip)
2. Right click rar.
3. Go to (in the case of 7zip) the 7zip button and hold.
4. Go extract here and click. Or do extract and just hit extract.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: December 19, 2010, 10:36:32 am »

Thank you greatly. I had 7zip but it was being retarded.
Time for me to relearn everything I know!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: December 19, 2010, 11:55:27 am »

Tomi, your natural skills for all races made them all spawn as wrestlers (because they have a high wrestling skill from the start). I am removing it, let them have the skills the normal way :).

I recently lost a few dwarves to a goblin pikeman, using a bardiche. Also barghest pikeman, goblin axeman, orc caravan bowman, imp pikeman, combat log of that ambush squad mentions no demonic wrestlers. So they do not all become wrestlers.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: December 19, 2010, 12:15:40 pm »

Come to any fortress to hire people. They are all wrestlers. You still get pikemen/swordsmen etc in ambushes, but those in camps and for hire are mostly wrestlers.

My mistake, it does give the option to choose the trader, is this mean to happen though? I could see fights breaking out between the elves after a while over tree ethics.
Sylvan elves are more likely to have a war with YOU rather than dusk elves, so it's not a problem, and yeah, they are supposed to come in the same season. Once I add three more races (next release) it will be even more cluttered :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: December 19, 2010, 12:54:02 pm »

Fair enough, at least you can choose which trader to trade with.
Does anyone know how to get iron bars? Not pure iron, just iron - I need some for the blast furnace but don't yet know the ins and outs of the metalworking system.

/facepalm
Just found out how to get iron.

On a related note for planning purposes, how big is the blast furnace?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:56:26 pm by Samohan25 »

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: December 19, 2010, 01:46:41 pm »

Is there any way I could get genesis in a non rar file
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 642