Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228326 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18b ϟ]
« Reply #4215 on: December 17, 2010, 04:15:31 am »

Okay, it's released.

- 3.18b Merged great amount of fixes by TomiTapio (mostly natural skills for animals and population tweaks), dwarves are not immune to heat/cold anymore, obsidian dwarves are great furnace operators/smiths and ice dwarves are great doctors.

For ASCII: some plant tiles and light yellow diamonds are fixed (again).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: December 17, 2010, 05:26:09 am »

Did you also remove Obsidian dwarf fire attacks?

And can I drop a current save into the new patched version without any issues?

Are the heightened learning skills of ice/obsidian dwarves comparable to that of jade dwarves in those same skills?  They seem kind of superfluous, if that is the case.  Like they're some kind of lesser/narrow focused jade caste.  Perhaps obsidians could have heightened speed/agility, while ice could have higher toughness and willpower?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: December 17, 2010, 05:51:58 am »

No I didn't remove fire attacks because I play with them, but you can easily do it by removing [FIREBREATH] from them in creature_genesis.txt.

The said skill improvements are better than for jade (which are somewhat better-than-normal in general) because they learn them at 250% rate.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4218 on: December 17, 2010, 05:54:20 am »

Okay, it's released.
Merging to my main folder.
Female obsidians need the learn-quickly too.
You didn't approve of dark elf dodging skill and bile demon punching&wrestling skill? Maybe that'll come later.
Anyways, I think the next DF release is 2 weeks away.

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: December 17, 2010, 06:39:22 am »

Crap. I forgot to asssign skills to male AND female castes. Well, I'll fix it later, writing an essay now :).

I didn't bother with demons much because I have plans for them later, I just gave them general natural skills.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4220 on: December 17, 2010, 07:50:59 am »

So I downloaded this and for some reason the +- buttons are both linked to the same action. So I cannot customize my dwarfs and caravan at all. When I try to change my keys to [ and ] for the secondary selector it changes nothing in that it still says that  [ and ] are linked to the same action.

Whats up with this? Is it this mod or my computer?
It's definitely not the mod. Tried with numlock on/off ofcourseyoudid. Laptop?
Might want to look at the interface.txt's
Code: [Select]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_UP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:-]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_DOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:+]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEUP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:/]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEDOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:*]
and put your desired keys there.

Well the problem is that no matter what keys I put, when your on the prepair for journey page, the add button has BOTH - and + right next to each other so that when I press either one it does nothing. Even on a completely fresh unzip of the game it has this problem.

Edit: Well carp, its ALWAYS the most simple things...forget it, I figured out that too add skills you do actually need points to spend...well thats what happens when you go on deployment and come back six months later to find a completely new dwarf fortress. Except for the alcohol...and the burning...and the CATS!!!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:55:25 am by LordShotGun »
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: December 17, 2010, 09:54:38 pm »

Cool to see a new patch up just when I was looking for info on the "lost adventurer" that showed up and subsequently bit the head off my militia commander, his subordinate and two of the war dogs before a recruit up and owned it with a hammer. I approve of all the things you do, Deon, and thus I'd like to read more about it in the wiki. I know it's been said before and all that, but PLEASE make it at least useable for something else than metals and plants. For instance, I haven't a clue on how to work most of the new buildings, let alone what they require as the reactions don't show up - and since I've realised how much I've come to depend on the regular wiki for info it'd be great if there was some kind of at least basic info on all the new things so one didn't have to go by trial and error and hope to find out things from it that could easily be learned from reading about them.

Other than that, great job!

Oh, also the same question as above; can I just drop my old save into this new thing without a problem? I'd assume so, but better safe than sorry (and of course I keep a backup :P).

/A
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: December 17, 2010, 11:51:40 pm »

Yes, I didn't remove stuff so it should totally work, but have a backup just in case.

Also I would work on wiki, but I barely have time due to exams to release patches. If anyone volunteers to do it, just write me a PM, I don't mind other people adding stuff (I would actually be glad if they did).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: December 18, 2010, 01:21:00 am »

Deon. On 3.18A all dorfs are completely IMMUNE to heat and cold. 
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: December 18, 2010, 01:23:20 am »

Okay, it's released.

- 3.18b Merged great amount of fixes by TomiTapio (mostly natural skills for animals and population tweaks), dwarves are not immune to heat/cold anymore, obsidian dwarves are great furnace operators/smiths and ice dwarves are great doctors.

Ahem.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: December 18, 2010, 01:33:14 am »

DEON!
I have plans! Evil plans. I want to make a mod of my own, and it will specificaly be an 'add on' type mod. It will revolve around interesting and unique creatures, that have there own half-entity, so they never show up in game, but you can choose to play as them as an outsider in adventure mode.

And I want a few 'special guest' type creatures. Meaning I'm going to try and get permission to use a creature from several of the bigger and better mods out there. I'm thinking wizzards tower and that new space mod comming out, but I also want one of your dwarves. I havn't made up my mind what one, but I'm thinking shroom dwarves, as for some reason I'm emotionaly attached.

I would also include a few unique weapons and adventure mode reations, and make them specific to that entity.

Of corse I will make large notices of what is your work, and if you happen to like anything I make you can throw it in genesis, but can I dwarfnap one of your castes?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: December 18, 2010, 01:38:40 am »

Sure, why not. I only denied one man who asked a permission to take my our mod, add some stuff to it and release it as his mod. I don't mind people using parts at all.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: December 18, 2010, 01:39:25 am »

Okay, it's released.

Ahem.

Ahh shit. I forgot to read it.

:-[
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: December 18, 2010, 01:40:03 am »

HA! All your shroom are belong to me! Thanks alot.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: December 18, 2010, 01:40:39 am »

Okay, it's released.

Ahem.

Ahh shit. I forgot to read it.

:-[
Why shit? Isn't it good that it's fixed? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 642