Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228433 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4200 on: December 16, 2010, 06:30:59 am »

When you place buildings and you get the shape of it in green crosses, some of them are darker.  These are impassable.

Off the top of my head, for smelters, kilns and glass furnaces it is the top middle square.  Forges are middle left and right squares.  Can't remember for the new Genesis metalworks buildings though.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: December 16, 2010, 08:20:38 am »

So I downloaded this and for some reason the +- buttons are both linked to the same action. So I cannot customize my dwarfs and caravan at all. When I try to change my keys to [ and ] for the secondary selector it changes nothing in that it still says that  [ and ] are linked to the same action.

Whats up with this? Is it this mod or my computer?
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: December 16, 2010, 11:32:14 am »

When you place buildings and you get the shape of it in green crosses, some of them are darker.  These are impassable.

Off the top of my head, for smelters, kilns and glass furnaces it is the top middle square.  Forges are middle left and right squares.  Can't remember for the new Genesis metalworks buildings though.

On my laptop, with the current color settings, the light and dark greens are almost identical. I end up having to look at the screen at a sharp angle to see the difference.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: December 16, 2010, 02:21:08 pm »

On my laptop, with the current color settings, the light and dark greens are almost identical. I end up having to look at the screen at a sharp angle to see the difference.

Another way is to move a corner into 'unbuildable' areas. When the building changes colour to show that you can't build it, the impassible blocks show up with much better contrast. You do have to move it around a bit to see if the part you placed in an unbuildable area is impassible or not though.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4204 on: December 16, 2010, 03:26:58 pm »

So I downloaded this and for some reason the +- buttons are both linked to the same action. So I cannot customize my dwarfs and caravan at all. When I try to change my keys to [ and ] for the secondary selector it changes nothing in that it still says that  [ and ] are linked to the same action.

Whats up with this? Is it this mod or my computer?
It's definitely not the mod. Tried with numlock on/off ofcourseyoudid. Laptop?
Might want to look at the interface.txt's
Code: [Select]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_UP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:-]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_DOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:+]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEUP:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:/]
[BIND:SECONDSCROLL_PAGEDOWN:REPEAT_SLOW]
[KEY:*]
and put your desired keys there.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: December 16, 2010, 04:34:51 pm »

Ents are apparently lacking graphics on ASCII mod.

Nevermind, just me being stupid.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:57:31 pm by Bitoru »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: December 17, 2010, 12:21:21 am »

I was thinking about it. I will make the difference better.

By the way, I am back. I still have some real problems with the university (last exams, diploma and stuff in two weeks) but I've got an urge to fix the major problems right now. Like, dwarves not being affected by magma and stuff.

Anything you want to request for the patch?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: December 17, 2010, 12:31:26 am »

I have a question about the scriptorium, specifically the platinum books they have a small chance of producing. What do they do? I got the weaponsmithing book "the Ultimate Weapon," but looking through the raws for the library revealed no reaction for using it. Are they useful? A half-implemented feature? Just for Show?
Put them in a display case, they decorate a room a lot. Or sell them.

Deon, the ASCII version(and maybe even the graphical version) has a bunch of mistakes that were reported in earlier versions and while you supposedly fixed them, they are back again. Namely:
Deon, Cave Chilies, Carrots, Quarry Bushes and Cucumbers use '(' for their picked tile. Now, as I mentioned long ago any tile selections in Apostrophes results in empty spaces instead of the tile, at least, for the tileset I use (slightly modified version of Dorten's tileset). So please change their picked tiles to the number 40, which results in the correct tile being displayed.

Glow berries also use '"' for their shrub tile, picked tile, and dead shrub tile. They should all be replaced with the number 34.
They were supposedly fixed a while ago. However, most of them are back. ((For you people paying close attention, yes, this is the second time I reported this. However, I think Deon missed my post)).

Another one that's back is:
Um, minor question Deon, why is light yellow diamond cyan if it's light yellow? ???
I have been noticing that "light yellow diamond" clusters show as blue while in situ. Is that deliberate?
Apparently you fixed it twice. However, it's cyan again.
That's what happens when you overuse WinMerge... I will fix it now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: December 17, 2010, 12:48:41 am »

By the way, I want to thank TomiTapio for the "tweaked" version. It fixes a lot of minor and important little problems, I am looking into it right now and fixing my own turf.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: December 17, 2010, 12:58:31 am »

Is it possible now to give those platinum books a bludgeon attack? a la the "tools" section?
I bet they'd be an awesome improvised weapon. They could even train recordkeeping! Or reading!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: December 17, 2010, 02:24:44 am »

If I make new tools it crashes worldgen. I hope it's fixed for the next version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4211 on: December 17, 2010, 03:50:30 am »

By the way, I am back. Anything you want to request for the patch?
Hey man!
I'll email you my current tunings, I have added a few creatures, which currently use other similar creatures' graphics.

- I reduced bones' pain receptors so that wildlife faints usually on fourth or fifth +wooden bolt+ and not the first that chips bone.
- changed mummy and lost adventurer and illithid toxins. See my earlier postings.
- Genesis wiki's ironworks graphic needs "magma furnace only" mention on red steel.
- wiki should mention Ironwood is METAL straight off the tree.
- I have the GOODWOOD_TEMPLATE, superior material for the good oak/ash/chestnut/mahogany/highwood/redcedar and others. More valuable furniture, better wooden bolts and crossbows and shields and elf (*spit*) armor.
- calling toughleather "hide" and toughteeth "fang".

Edit: D&D advice column, oddest questions. http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/12/16/weird-dd-questions-dungeons-dragons/

My latest fort's mayor-log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:04:29 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: December 17, 2010, 03:56:43 am »

I am releasing the patch right now, maybe in an hour.

I've applied most of your fixes, also dwarves are now affected by magma and cold again. Since ice dwarves lost their cold immunity (it would be applied to EVERY caste otherwise which is the way DF works) they now gain medical skills and ability to study them quickly. So think of them as of good doctors.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: December 17, 2010, 03:58:50 am »

By the way, I am back. I still have some real problems with the university (last exams, diploma and stuff in two weeks) but I've got an urge to fix the major problems right now. Like, dwarves not being affected by magma and stuff.

Hi Deon, welcome back.  Glad to see you're feeling better :)

A while back I put up a patch that separated out the materials for the Obsidian and Ice dwarves, and switched the Doom dwarves back to Aspid dwarves (though I think I messed up their special attacks, did the Aspid dwarves have both a venomous bite and a poison breath attack?). 

Not sure if that's the direction you want to go, but in case it is I thought I'd let you know.

ASCII
Graphical
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: December 17, 2010, 04:10:38 am »

Thanks for all the help, right now I upload 3.18b and disappear for a moment again (exams, stuff :D). I've made obsidian guys to be great at furnace operating/forging and ice dwarves to learn doctor skills fast.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 642