Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228502 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4125 on: December 07, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »

If it's not too much trouble, what would I do to remove fire immunity from non-obsidian dwarves?

I think it would take re-jigging how the special tissues are inserted into the obsidian dwarf caste. From what I've read here, the mass "replace all" seems to affect the entire species not just the caste, so you might have to create a whole new bodytype just for them, that uses the different materials.
Yep, you have to remove the select all -> apply heatdam_point thing which affects all castes instead of one. I will definitely fix it for the next release, but right now I log off because as Kilakan wisely said "tonsilitis sucks" :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: December 07, 2010, 11:59:14 pm »

I just downloaded this, and opened it up and installed it, then went to play a round of Adventure Mode... it's been great! Personally, the added flora and fauna alone is well worth never playing vanilla DF again, although, it does seems a little odd to me how there is always been silk and crop plants tomatoes cropping left and right like weeds in the middle of an arid desert, but as with D&D I suppose that's where the "Yes, and it's..!" rule comes into play. The additional races are just what DF needed as well, and I am OVERJOYED that someone decided to throw the desert niche a bone.

Thank you for this superb work!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4127 on: December 08, 2010, 02:22:07 am »

If it's not too much trouble, what would I do to remove fire immunity from non-obsidian dwarves?

Deon would have done that if it was possible to have per-caste tissues. But the tissues are per-creature. So all dwarves' tissues got upgraded.
I also removed the fireimmunity from my worlds.

To make all dwarves non-fireimmune, delete from creature_genesis.txt
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_CASTE:MALE_OBSIDIAN]
[SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:FEMALE_OBSIDIAN]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
[SPEC_HEAT:30000]
Need to make sure blood and pus aren't solid at regular temperatures.
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
[MELTING_POINT:10000]

The additional races are just what DF needed as well, and I am OVERJOYED that someone decided to throw the desert niche a bone.
Thank you for this superb work!
Deon and I thank you for liking it! I saw a documentary on the tv that showed giraffes and kangaroos eating plants in "desert" and "rocky wasteland". So I made a small tweak to the creatures. It's the sand desert that lacks large animals.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 02:26:24 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: December 08, 2010, 11:19:19 am »

It is possible to give the dwarven creature both the normal tissues and a set of fire-immune tissues with different names, and have the obsidian dwarves be made out of the fire-immune tissues and the rest be made out of the normal tissues.

I do something similar in the illithid mod.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: December 08, 2010, 05:11:59 pm »

Somehow cleavers are absolutely pathetic
I just had a goblin misteress hit my cat 3 times with a copper cleaver, barely tearing the skin, only the 4th hit chopped his leg off.

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: December 08, 2010, 06:57:55 pm »

I love the mod. It's a bit overwhelming in the beginning though I feel, but I'll easily get over that.

Is it possible to put in more cavern type creatures? I like to make cut off from the world, never see the sun dwarven societies you see, and having a tonne of cows and turkeys underground is, well, a bit weird to me.
Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: December 09, 2010, 01:33:38 am »

Is it possible to put in more cavern type creatures? I like to make cut off from the world, never see the sun dwarven societies you see, and having a tonne of cows and turkeys underground is, well, a bit weird to me.
Of course. I have allowed the Desert Scorpions (dog-sized) and the Giant Sandworms to wander into the caverns. Have you met all the caverns-depth-3 creatures?

(including armorman, gelatinous cube, blood spider, green devourer (hmm I can't recall those, better increase their frequency), bah Jabberer was at default freq, and changed some creatures away from Default Speed (human running speed). Thanks for getting me to inspect the depth 2-3 beasts.

Edit: Small tweaks like seeing sites_and_pops txt's
   55430 dire wolves
   13850 raptors
   50 gorillas
   20025 ents
   1265 gargoyles
   213 giant gargoyles
and then reducing direwolf and ent count. And allowing gorillas in a few more biomes.
DAMN! Ghouls were 100 frequency, the maximum, outnumbering rats bats ants...
Oh.. the NITH creature has no biomes so it's been non-existent for dozens of Genesis versions.

Really Deon... LOST ADVENTUERER has [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:3000:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:100:END:300]  3000% severity and 150-ish turns... certain death from not being able to breathe! Stronger than any dragon's attack!

I'll post my private raws in a few days, with such things as "vodka is pricier than mint tea" and plant-to-barrel jams are cheaper. (jam 8 flour 12-20 spice 20-30 dye 20-30)
Hmm the animal purchases are just super cheap (300-1700), most of the time a trainable combat-okay animal is cheaper than a iron weapon. But for embark you want cheap hogs and bitches and even cheaper meat rabbits.

Meat Cleaver:
[ATTACK:EDGE:800:400:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:800:400:slap:slaps:flat:1250]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:400:strike:strikes:handle:1000]
It would get better if one removed the slap and handlebash. But it's not designed for combat. Compare the 800-wide 400-deep to short sword's 5000:2000.
and katana's 15000:3250, two-handed sword 20000:4200, sabre's 6000:2700, combat cleaver 3000:2500.
I guess I'll put meat cleaver to [ATTACK:EDGE:1200:1100:hack:hacks:NO_SUB:1250].
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:41:25 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: December 09, 2010, 02:00:06 am »

The files are corrupt or something, so I can't play  :'(
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: December 09, 2010, 02:17:20 am »

The files are corrupt or something, so I can't play  :'(
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Which files, and are you using Mac or Linux perhaps? Have a program that can extract from RAR-archives?

Or are you talking about "I tried some modding and now the game won't start"?

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: December 09, 2010, 05:57:15 am »

I'm loving the mod, but I can't make any red steel.

I have 193 units of bauxite and 27 steel bars. However, the crucible has no tasks available. I would assume there is another material I need, but it is not shown on the metalsmith chart.

I also have 67 coke and 26 charcoal.

What am I doing wrong?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: December 09, 2010, 06:39:44 am »

You should just need bauxite and steel to make it, I always have a magma crucible if that makes any difference.  Is there any chance the items are outside burrows so can't be smelted?  Or try setting it through the job manager and see if you're getting an error message once it's approved.

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: December 09, 2010, 06:47:34 am »

Ah, the job manager only has the option to make it with magma. That must be the problem. Time to dig further I guess, better make some steel armor and weaponry until then.

I'm kind of glad that it's not so easy to make, it seems quite powerful.

Thanks for the help. I think the image on the wiki should be modified to show this, though.

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: December 09, 2010, 07:59:54 am »

hmmm, I just downloaded the .18 genesis and the in game sound only works on the start screen. the in game music isn't playing. That happening to other people or am I just really unlucky?

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....
The last.... 4+ pages.... all demons.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: December 09, 2010, 09:44:29 am »

Ah, the job manager only has the option to make it with magma. That must be the problem. Time to dig further I guess, better make some steel armor and weaponry until then.
It does seem fairly awesome, I was under siege by Nords after their caravan got destroyed again as it spawned at the map edge, a new recruit in red steel armour got ahead of my army and just stood in the middle of the nord siege having all the iron axe attacks glance off his armour.  My cunning attack plan of having my red steel armoured army charge towards bow goblins works surprisingly well too, I don't use danger rooms so they are only around skilled level at best at shield/armour but the combat log was full of copper arrow is deflected by red steel helm/breastplate/boots etc.

Illithids and mace/hammers/whips still beat the crap out of it though so you're not invincible.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: December 09, 2010, 04:47:51 pm »

Here's my current Genesis raws:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Gen18_TomiTapio_raw_objects_Dec9.zip

lots of creature fine tuning, and removed the dwarves' fire and cold immunity. And firebreath.
added a "trollkin" tribal troll humanoid, goblin-sized. It has no graphics yet.
Don't put these raws into an existing fort as I changed some of the prepared meals.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 642