Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228364 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4080 on: December 03, 2010, 05:23:21 pm »

I had a wyvern attack one of my fortresses a while back.  Everyone got inside safely and I just watched as it melted itself.  It destroyed a workshop I had outside, and melted off all of its own fat causing massive bleeding.  It then went chasing a goat around trying to breath on it and just keeled over dead.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

rockhard556

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: December 04, 2010, 01:49:10 am »

what is a doom dwarf i see them in my race selector thing for adventure mode

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: December 04, 2010, 02:35:21 am »

what is a doom dwarf i see them in my race selector thing for adventure mode

Due to a 'glitch' (materials and heat transfer got upgraded), Aspid dwarves got an unexpected upgrade: their venom is now super-heated for maximum FUN!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: December 04, 2010, 05:33:41 am »

Well it makes some sense I guess, but it doen't explain why Wyverns acid is
a)Affecting the Wyverns
b)making organs rot

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: December 04, 2010, 12:43:44 pm »

Words fail me to describe how much I love you right now for making this.

But before I scour a dictionary,
"Obsidian Dwarves: Obsidian dwarves have a spirit of an ancient origin. They can manipulate fires at will, summoning a sparkle to lighten their way or a raging inferno to punish their foes. It means that nobody wants to see them near a booze stockpile."
I laughed for five minutes straight at that.
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: December 04, 2010, 01:38:29 pm »

I'm actually thinking of modding Obsidian dwarves out of my next game.  They're more annoying than anything.  Anytime they sense danger, they start belching fire all over the place, and I've never seen it do anything to an enemy.  All it does is ensure my fortress lawn will never be anything but an ashen waste.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4086 on: December 04, 2010, 02:16:59 pm »

I'm actually thinking of modding Obsidian dwarves out of my next game.  They're more annoying than anything.  Anytime they sense danger, they start belching fire all over the place, and I've never seen it do anything to an enemy.  All it does is ensure my fortress lawn will never be anything but an ashen waste.
Yep, I do that for my worlds, remove all the dwarven webspit/firebreath. Let the fire come from lizardfolk sorcerers and orc flamemasters (which I have not made yet).

Hey Deon! could we have a pet animal that leaves a slimy trail! Big annoyance when a migrant shows up with a slimegoat.
Or a slitherkin. Or an Eelsnake. Or a Cave Gnort.

If you are a dwarf, balors pose no problem, as you are fire immune, and the main trouble I had with mine was that every scratch I gave it made it gout flaming magma gas stuffs.
It's a bug, dwarves are supposed to be hurt by fire, but the tissue-change-for-Obsidiancaste unfontunately upgrades all dwarves.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:21:16 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: December 04, 2010, 02:53:40 pm »

erm it may just be me but i just had 2 goblin ambushes at the edge of the map and they were revelaed right away then they started killing each other. so i looked at them and it was 2 females and 1 male and the females killed the male off then stopped fighting so i think ure goblin genders are at war with each other. and i have had a goblin ambush before and they didnt do this. also this time i got 2 seperate goblin ambushes at once different sides of the map both were revelaed both were squads of 3 where as my last ambush was about 6-10 people so maybe it is 2 civs fighting each other and they spawned with the wrong group or somthing here let me check nope only one civ of them so u may wanna check ure genders on them 0.o
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: December 04, 2010, 06:24:14 pm »

If you are a dwarf, balors pose no problem, as you are fire immune, and the main trouble I had with mine was that every scratch I gave it made it gout flaming magma gas stuffs.
It's a bug, dwarves are supposed to be hurt by fire, but the tissue-change-for-Obsidiancaste unfontunately upgrades all dwarves.
Oh, hey. Don't I know it! I was responding to someone wondering why Balors were too easy. I figured if they were a dwarf that was a really good explanation why they found it "easy".

Question: is the balor's boiling magma fire blood stuffs easy to mod into other creatures? I really want the "magma bolt" effect for severed pieces of some other (lighter) creature, but testing hasn't gone so well. Closest I've come it melted the corpse.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:27:13 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: December 04, 2010, 10:13:06 pm »

BOOOOORRRRING. Plenty of dwarves talk about nature, only Obsidian Dwarves do something about it!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4090 on: December 05, 2010, 12:01:47 am »

Okay, I'm doing Genesis tweaking now. Discussing and modding is metagame. I'll put my raws up for download.
No obsidian-dwarf firebreath or dwarf-tissue fire immunity.
Gave skills to my creatures (creature_custom_tt.txt). Beware the giant otter's bite and twisting-away(wrestling) skill.

Removed 3000-strength from asps and cobras (again) and made them rarer (population 10 not 250, I look at world's creature counts). And dropped speed from 1000 to 1500.
Small legs (not horse/dog running legs) to monitor & gator & turtles (QUADRUPED_SMALL bodytype). Gator [AMBUSHPREDATOR].
Gave skills to SCORPION_DESERT_GIANT and tigermen. Tigermen materials value from 1 to 3.
Lions etc. get wrestling skill, you know they can twist away from your grasp.

Foxes and wolves get more skills... I think the stupid slow creatures (cave blob, mud crab type things) should be skill zero. Little foxes about 2-3 level skill, giant lions 5-6. Wolf awareness 7.
Jackal leather value 2, meat and fat etc. back to 1.
Put correct FEMALEGEN to female skunks.
Cooked meal renaming for my taste. Less balls, more cake. I do care what the items are named while trading them.

Kangaroos, added [BIOME:DESERT_BADLAND] (not a sand desert) and frequency from 5 to 25. And kicking and wrestling skill.
Skills to anubites, cave carp, armorman and nith. And muskox, elk, polar bear, reindeer, elk bird, and the cat-sized CRUNDLE. (Deleted kicking from the 10kg biped crundle. You don't see macaques kicking each other.)
Manera, the wall-crawler, gets FLIER to simulate wall-climbing. Beware, if you make home in the caves.
Blind cave bear upgrade...
Wrestling skills to raptors... I think they were one of Deon's favorite beasts. I don't think they dodge 5, more like 3. Jump-to-side isn't what pack predators do.

Oh, I have
"[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:GOODWOOD_TEMPLATE] --by TomiTapio, September 12, for mahogany, oak etc. best furniture wood."
I had forgotten all about my wood upgrade!! (It's redwood, sequoia, cypress, redcedar, puzzle-tree, yew.)
I call toughleather "hide". So you can SEE which leather armor is better. Toughtooth material is called "fang" in my worlds, for fun.

--deleted dwarf fire immunity tissue change
--deleted dwarf cold immunity tissue change
Unicorn:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Download my raws: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Gen18_TomiTapio_raw_objects.zip
How to install: Extract on top of the existing txt files of the objects folder from graphical Genesis 3.18. No guarantees, haven't tested yet.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:05:34 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: December 05, 2010, 02:06:04 am »

I'll definitely make use of some of this in my next fortress. I really just need to get more into modding.  Just from reading the tweaks you've made, it sounds like there's a lot of stuff I'd probably like to clean up.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: December 05, 2010, 03:05:38 pm »

...What does Illithid toxin do?

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: December 05, 2010, 08:10:51 pm »

Nord's are AWESOME!
I am currently a Nord adventurer and asked two axemen if they could join me. I was surprised they wanted to. Soon after, nearly every Nord i ask joins.  8) 8)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4094 on: December 05, 2010, 09:30:30 pm »

Out of curiosity, about how much stronger is hide/fang then leather/teeth normally? I assume it doesn't beat out metal or anything?
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 642