Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228269 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4065 on: December 02, 2010, 02:17:43 pm »

Real pros take out giant gargoyles by having them fall down their central staircase then getting punched to death anyway!

If you don't mind my asking, how would one get giant gargoyles (or any other critter, for that matter) to fall down their central staircase?
Is it a matter of pushing them? Or luring them into a trap?
I think I just fluked it and it dodged over my central stairwell and fell 10-20 z levels.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: December 02, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

My militia in Baldedgilds have beat several gargoyles to death with their bare hands, including a giant one.  It's pretty funny imagining these dwarves shattering marble with their fists and wearing it away until they're beating on this unconscious creature's stone internal organs, and finally my steel dwarf commander, Fleshring, embeds his fist all the way into the thing's solid rock skull.  Dwarves of The Special Dike are tough!  They probably don't even need pickaxes to dig out their homes, just fingernails.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: December 02, 2010, 05:27:49 pm »

you are freezing to death!

currently i have been getting that spammed to me in the log area shortly after my adventurer and his crew killed a frost wyrm.
how am i meant to remove the whole freezing you to death substance? what is causing me to slowly freeze?

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: December 02, 2010, 06:51:34 pm »

currently i have been getting that spammed to me in the log area shortly after my adventurer and his crew killed a frost wyrm.
how am i meant to remove the whole freezing you to death substance? what is causing me to slowly freeze?
I recommend going for a swim or finding a warm place with lots of rain. I believe it's blood or some other extremely cold substance from the frost wyrm so water would probably wash it off.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: December 02, 2010, 06:55:27 pm »

I recommend going for a swim or finding a warm place with lots of rain. I believe it's blood or some other extremely cold substance from the frost wyrm so water would probably wash it off.
Uhh. . .
The extract would freeze you on the spot.
Try burning it off
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: December 02, 2010, 07:01:55 pm »

Uhh. . .
The extract would freeze you on the spot.
Try burning it off
Alright let me fix that then

I recommend going for a swim or finding a hot place with lots of rain. I believe it's blood or some other extremely cold substance from the frost wyrm so magma would probably clean it off.

Also off to test it in the Arena!

EDIT:Swimming in water worked just fine looks like extracts can't freeze water. Rain also worked.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:18:40 pm by Kiktamo »

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: December 02, 2010, 07:18:41 pm »

i don't think magma is in abundance near me nor a smart idea due to the inconveinance of a fiery death.

i do have alot of its blood on me and it seems i can avoid getting multiple messages by striping naked. i am currently naked and trying to lick myself clean of its blood but most of it seems to be frozen sadly.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: December 02, 2010, 07:34:11 pm »

Water seems to work fine and appears very good for simply nullifying a frost wyrms breath attack.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which is also what your looking for. Licking it off might freeze your insides though so I don't recommend it.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: December 02, 2010, 07:42:18 pm »

does it just stop the effect occuring or does it completely remove the cause and stop you from freezing if you leave the pool?

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: December 02, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »

does it just stop the effect occuring or does it completely remove the cause and stop you from freezing if you leave the pool?
It should remove the cause completely since the substance will no longer stick to you.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4075 on: December 03, 2010, 12:30:38 am »

Then I got a quest to kill a Balor, and got really excited, but when the battle time came, I just minced him. Every hit was a body part sent flying, and I killed it by slicing his lower body in half.
Is this how its supposed to be? They should be more resistant than that right?
I guess we can add to Deon's to-do list: "make balors as tough as bronze colossi."  8)
Give them skill levels, and perhaps 3x or 4x uber-muscle-tissue (or muscles made of red steel).

Vanilla DF is full of similar problems, megabeasts are made of the same Flesh And Bones as birds and humans. And some weapon values are silly as proved by the "lower torso flies off!"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:33:51 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: December 03, 2010, 06:06:59 am »

I guess we can add to Deon's to-do list: "make balors as tough as bronze colossi."  8)
Give them skill levels, and perhaps 3x or 4x uber-muscle-tissue (or muscles made of red steel).

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! :D
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: December 03, 2010, 06:52:32 am »

Then I got a quest to kill a Balor, and got really excited, but when the battle time came, I just minced him. Every hit was a body part sent flying, and I killed it by slicing his lower body in half.
Is this how its supposed to be? They should be more resistant than that right?

Vanilla DF is full of similar problems, megabeasts are made of the same Flesh And Bones as birds and humans. And some weapon values are silly as proved by the "lower torso flies off!"

If you are a dwarf, balors pose no problem, as you are fire immune, and the main trouble I had with mine was that every scratch I gave it made it gout flaming magma gas stuffs.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: December 03, 2010, 06:52:40 am »

Real pros take out giant gargoyles by having them fall down their central staircase then getting punched to death anyway!

If you don't mind my asking, how would one get giant gargoyles (or any other critter, for that matter) to fall down their central staircase?
Is it a matter of pushing them? Or luring them into a trap?
I think I just fluked it and it dodged over my central stairwell and fell 10-20 z levels.
Unconscious/stunned (I think it's those two) creatures treat staircases as open space.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:05 pm »

Legendary Wyvern megabeast has come!
Urist McStonedwarf cancels: finish rooftop; interrupted by Legendary Wyvern
Legendary Wyvern megabest strikes the Elf Administrator Cacame le Diplomat in the head with his right paw!
It starts to rot!
Legendary Wyvern gives into sickness!
Legendary Wyvern has suffocated!
Z100000m looses  a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 642